Bootea Detox?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has done the Bootea Teatox,
Any thoughts on it?
Does it work?
With the healthy eating and exercise does it make much of a difference?

Thanks Everyone!

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    it works if you want to lose pounds as in currency but weight loss etc no don't waste money your body detoxes itself just use water
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    What's a teatox
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Complete waste of money...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Complete waste of money...

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's basically a diruetic/laxative to help you lose water. Save your money for something else.

"The Daytime Detox contains many ingredients that will cause you to urinate more frequently so may cause you to lose water weight although it is unlikely to do anything else.

"There is no reason why daytime tea should reduce your appetite and the energy boosting qualities will probably not exceed those you get from drinking an ordinary cup of tea or coffee.

"Green tea is good for health but has not been proven to promote weight loss and some of the other ingredients may cause side effects.

"The Bedtime Cleanse is essentially a laxative combined with a diuretic. It seems counter intuitive to go to bed after taking a laxative and you may be up in the night to visit the bathroom. Some of the ingredients can cause side effects."
    (http://www.dietpillswatchdog.com/bootea/)
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im basically looking for quick results in the first few weeks too kick start my weight loss and seeing results will make me likely to carry on.

Mainly I am eating healthy, watching the amount of carbs I eat. But not particularly low carb... and going running twice a week minimum and fitness class twice a week, im not looking for a fad diet I am willing to put in the hard work I just want a kick start for motivation of results really....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Then I would suggest investing in a food scale. It's the best thing you can do in terms of accuracy. And if they picture is current, I would think that you wouldn't have a large deficit as a main goal should be maintaining muscle if you want to be lean and trim. But if you want to post your stats, we can start with that.. Also, what do you do in your fitness class.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Chlo92x wrote: »
    Im basically looking for quick results in the first few weeks too kick start my weight loss and seeing results will make me likely to carry on.

Mainly I am eating healthy, watching the amount of carbs I eat. But not particularly low carb... and going running twice a week minimum and fitness class twice a week, im not looking for a fad diet I am willing to put in the hard work I just want a kick start for motivation of results really....

Why are you watching carbs? To lose weight you need to be at a calorie deficit. Just "eating healthy" and "watching carbs" do not guarentee you are eating at a deficit. Counting calories is the way to achieve that. Unless you have a medical condition, there is no need to limits carbs.

Any effect of this "detox tea" will only be temporary and you will gain it back once you stop.
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    I am counting cals as well, 1200 a day.
    I did a low carb diet a year or so ago and lost 13lb in 6 weeks, that is why I feel for me limiting carbs gives results!

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Quick results aren't long lasting results.

You say you aren't looking for a fad, but this "detox" is a fad. If you have your kidneys and liver then your body detoxes on its own, no Bootea needed. If you want a kickstart, just start eating in a deficit and moving more. The results will come, and you won't waste a bunch of money, be hangry, have to stomach some disgusting tea drink, or have to make sure you stay within 20 feet of a toilet** at all times.

**Most detoxes just make you poop, a lot. If you poop a lot, you get rid of a lot of waste weight and water weight, but you don't lose a bunch of true weight (i.e. fat).
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I did a low carb diet a year or so ago and lost 13lb in 6 weeks, that is why I feel for me limiting carbs gives results!

And then you put it all back on again. That should tell you something.

+1000
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    I put it on again gradually over a year when eating junk and not working out.... not that bad!
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    anyway i have already said im not doin low carb this time... I am watching my carb intake only because i tend to live off pasta and not get the protein that I should daily.
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    Im trying to find a balance, work out and tone up and keep it off. I was only wondering if the bootea was worth doing along side that....
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    As stated, it's a waste of money. Your body doesn't need a detox unless your livers and kidneys are jacked up. Don't fall for the fads.
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Im trying to find a balance, work out and tone up and keep it off. I was only wondering if the bootea was worth doing along side that....
    Have you gotten the answer yet?

Or are you waiting for someone to come along saying it is worth it? Pretty much looking for validation.

I was wondering if anyone had done it and what they thought of it. That is all.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Have you gotten the answer yet?

Or are you waiting for someone to come along saying it is worth it? Pretty much looking for validation.

With the way these types of threads work, I'm willing to bet she already bought the snake oil, I mean detox tea.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

low carb had nothing to do with it..

you can eat carbs, eat in a deficit, and lose weight..

on the flip side, you can eat little carb, be in a surplus, and gain weight.

calorie deficit = weight loss..

unless you have some medical condition that would make you sensitive to carbs there is no reason to avoid them..

Oh, and you do not need a cleanse to "reset" your diet/metabolism whatever...your body naturally cleanses itself...