I'm totally down for some booty detox.

laughs
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Chlo92x wrote: »
    Im trying to find a balance, work out and tone up and keep it off. I was only wondering if the bootea was worth doing along side that....
    Have you gotten the answer yet?

Or are you waiting for someone to come along saying it is worth it? Pretty much looking for validation.

With the way these types of threads work, I'm willing to bet she already bought the snake oil, I mean detox tea.

No i havent brought it... And I dont know why some people need to be so patronizing when im only asking advice! Iv never done a proper diet before... Sorry if my thread offends some of you!
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone has done the Bootea Teatox,
    Any thoughts on it?
    Does it work?
    With the healthy eating and exercise does it make much of a difference?

Thanks Everyone!

Nope. You don't need to detox, your body does this perfectly well itself.

Any weight you lose with this will just be water weight. Stay under your calories and you'll see results soon and they will be proper weight not water weight which means nothing :)
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    Any thoughts on it?
    Does it work?

Thanks Everyone!

Nope. You don't need to detox, your body does this perfectly well itself.

Any weight you lose with this will just be water weight. Stay under your calories and you'll see results soon and they will be proper weight not water weight which means nothing :)

Thanks Silver Rose :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on it?
    Does it work?

Thanks Everyone!

Caffeine and laxatives. No. Just no.
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Then I would suggest investing in a food scale. It's the best thing you can do in terms of accuracy. And if they picture is current, I would think that you wouldn't have a large deficit as a main goal should be maintaining muscle if you want to be lean and trim. But if you want to post your stats, we can start with that.. Also, what do you do in your fitness class.

what is a food scale? I go to metafit twice a week, an intense 30min class working all areas of your body, three sets of paired exercises.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Im trying to find a balance, work out and tone up and keep it off. I was only wondering if the bootea was worth doing along side that....
    Have you gotten the answer yet?

Or are you waiting for someone to come along saying it is worth it? Pretty much looking for validation.

With the way these types of threads work, I'm willing to bet she already bought the snake oil, I mean detox tea.

No i havent brought it... And I dont know why some people need to be so patronizing when im only asking advice! Iv never done a proper diet before... Sorry if my thread offends some of you!

Well if you need help, read this...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

what is a food scale? I go to metafit twice a week, an intense 30min class working all areas of your body, three sets of paired exercises.

Scales for weighing food. It's the only way to ensure you are actually counting calories properly. Maybe some people can eyeball an amount of rice perfectly but I certainly can't :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Then I would suggest investing in a food scale. It's the best thing you can do in terms of accuracy. And if they picture is current, I would think that you wouldn't have a large deficit as a main goal should be maintaining muscle if you want to be lean and trim. But if you want to post your stats, we can start with that.. Also, what do you do in your fitness class.

Here is the food scale I have

It's for weighing foods. Also, if you are active, 1200 calories is probably not going to be best. You want to fuel your workouts, especially if you have goals of being lean and trim. And just like you want balance for your macrontrients, you want balance for calories and exercise. If you want long term results, then you don't want to go through cycles of huge calories suppression and trying to maintain. It's better, in my opinion, to have a smaller deficit and work on fat loss, not weight loss.

Also, the reason you lost a ton of weight the first few weeks of low carb is because your body depleted glycogen stores.. aka just water. You probably had some fat loss too but 90%+ was water.

• YoshiCow
    YoshiCow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Any thoughts on it?
    Does it work?

Thanks Everyone!

I had it around 6 months ago as I got it half price.

Even at half price it was a waste of money. It tastes disgusting. I was at the point of gagging everytime I tried to drink it. The nighttime one was worse.

Did I lose any weight? Nope. Nothing. Nada.

Waste of money.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im basically looking for quick results in the first few weeks too kick start my weight loss and seeing results will make me likely to carry on.

Mainly I am eating healthy, watching the amount of carbs I eat. But not particularly low carb... and going running twice a week minimum and fitness class twice a week, im not looking for a fad diet I am willing to put in the hard work I just want a kick start for motivation of results really....

Rapid initial weight loss from these "detox" pills or going low carb is almost all water weight. You may think it helps you kick start your weight loss but when that weight loss stalls or you replace that water and gain weight it is just as much of a disincentive as the fast weight loss was an incentive.

THOUSANDS of posts on here complaining of stalls, plateaus, weight regain even though they swear they are still eating in a deficit. Rapid weight loss is not fat loss which is what most people are looking for.

Log as accurately as you can. Get some good exercise in and shoot for a moderate deficit until you reach your goal.
  • vchutchings
    vchutchings Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drank some of that Chinese detox tea last night bc I hadn't pooped in a while. That's all it does is make you poop. Made me feel better but know it doesn't help with weight loss and you need to drink a ton of water with it so you don't get dehydrated
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    Okay sorry, im being a bit dumb here but what is a deficit?

Im burning around 200-300 cals per work out on average. Im aiming to go running twice a week minimum and metafit class twice a week if Im not at work. So Four times a week exercise, How many cals should I be consuming?

I want to loose fat and get lean, do i need protein shakes etc?

I have a budget for food i tend to eat eggs, chicken, fish, veg, rice, potatoes, salad, heinz soup, weetabix or branflakes, im trying to reduce eating bread.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Im burning around 200-300 cals per work out on average. Im aiming to go running twice a week minimum and metafit class twice a week if Im not at work. So Four times a week exercise, How many cals should I be consuming?

I have a budget for food i tend to eat eggs, chicken, fish, veg, rice, potatoes, salad, heinz soup, weetabix or branflakes, im trying to reduce eating bread.

calorie deficit = eating less calories than your maintenance level to create a deficit of calories and lose weight.

you do not need exercise to lose weight. You can simply eat less and you will lose. Exercise is just an added bonus to help with calorie burns, body composition, and overall health.

When you started with MFP you entered all your stats and how much weight you want to lose, it should have given you a number. this number already has your calorie deficit built into it. Simply log all your food and eat to that number and you will lose weight.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Read the sexypants link that was posted earlier

Your diary shows you are eating less than 1200 calories a day, find a reasonable calorie deficit for you, not sure how much you have to lose, or your stats but very few people need to eat at 1200 let alone lower than that.

You don't need protein shakes. You need patience, stop looking for quick fixes like the detox and do some reading:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    Thanks :) Just brought some Vivo kitchen scales Argos clearance from £29.99 to £6.99 :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) Just brought some Vivo kitchen scales Argos clearance from £29.99 to £6.99 :)

Nice gotta love clearance sales
  • Chlo92x
    Options
    just used a TDEE calculator,

BMR (Calories) 1407
    Activity (Calories) 791
    Total Calories 2198
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    A quick look at your diary shows a lot of days netting under 1000 calories. Multiple people posted the link to the sexypants thread ... read it ... learn it ... go from there.