55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• resina
    resina Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @FitOldMomma, happy 60th birthday and congratulations on achieving your goal. You're showing us being consistent with logging and exercise is the key. I had to look up 145lbs and its a whopping 65kgs....You've entered the 60s with the weight loss equivalent of another person or the weight I should be!!
  • woodenhut
    woodenhut Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I went for a 15 minute walk, blimey I was so out of breath, had to stop twice just to check my timing haha, I'm so unfit, 2 years ago I'd have done 1/2 hour walk easily came home drank a glass of water which I never drink, hubby said I was quick I didn't think I was. So I've achieved 2 things today, I shall do this every day & see where I end up in 2 weeks time. Watch this space ?? Haha you all have helped me into thinking Yes I can, so thank you. Xx
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    woodenhut wrote: »
    I went for a 15 minute walk, blimey I was so out of breath, had to stop twice just to check my timing haha, I'm so unfit, 2 years ago I'd have done 1/2 hour walk easily came home drank a glass of water which I never drink, hubby said I was quick I didn't think I was. So I've achieved 2 things today, I shall do this every day & see where I end up in 2 weeks time. Watch this space ?? Haha you all have helped me into thinking Yes I can, so thank you. Xx

I, for one, will certainly be "watching this space!" Yay, you! Can't wait to cheer you on and see your progress! One step follows the other...
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Bigsofty, You are more than welcome!! The more the merrier (and the more info we gain)!! B)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today is my dtr's baby shower, I am planing to have the yummy food there today. I'm a bit ocd as far as sticking to any commitment I make, so I hope I will be able to enjoy. I've already been out walking/jogging with my dogs for 1 1/2 hrs this morning so that should help. Have a great week end
  • bigsofty56
    bigsofty56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done debtay123
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the kind words- it is appreciated- will definitely check out this thread- often!
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @woodenhut Great job! It really is all in taking those baby steps every day. You really can do this! Many, if not all of us started out doubting how much success we would really have, but it is doable! We just have to remember every day is a new day and a new opportunity to begin again no matter what happened yesterday. Today, right now I can make good food choices and stay within my calorie goals. Just remember you have all the control. No one else can put the food in your mouth and you can balance your days without going over your calorie goals. Keep moving forward! Great start!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    @woodenhut - that's fantastic! Keep on doing what you're doing and you'll reach your goal before you know it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options

woodenhut- that is wonderful- you are well on your way!
  • woodenhut
    Options
    Thank you girls, you've really helped me I love the support & ideas I get from you all. When I read how you've lost weight, never giving up, looking out for others it warms my heart. Big hugs to you all x
  • bigsofty56
    bigsofty56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done woodenhut, looks like your on a good start
  • woodenhut
    Options
    I've not been a good girl, lots been happening so I've basically came away from it, but I'll get back to it, glad your all doing well. Keep it up girls X
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Lol and way to go @oldgirl235 !
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    luluinca, I'm with you!! I'm 66 (67 later this yr) and just keep on keeping on!! B)
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @griffinca2 it's so nice to see other women our age, or close to it, doing our thing to stay, or get, strong and healthy!

I've been here almost 4 years now and the changes to my health and fitness have been remarkable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!