55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome, ladies! You will find this a safe and fun place to hang out, learn some stuff and get encouragement.
  • FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Welcome, ladies! You will find this a safe and fun place to hang out, learn some stuff and get encouragement.

Happy to find you all!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/mk2fit; welcome all!!!
  • oldgirl235
    oldgirl235 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have just started mfp I am from Victoria Australia 53 years old and would love to lose 10 kilos(22lb) for a start as I am 5'1" and the weight they say I should be for my height Is 53 kilos (116lb) which I think is way to light for me,I think I was a child the last time I weighed that.I have enjoyed reading this site it gives my hope.
  • oldfatso2
    oldfatso2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 67. Is it ok to post here?
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Oldfatso2:: YES!!! Welcome to the group. We support each other and you will get great inspiration from this group of awesome women!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @oldgirl235, @PowerliftingMom and @oldfatso2, welcome all! We love to see so many peeps here!
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    @oldgirl235, @PowerliftingMom and @oldfatso2, welcome all! We love to see so many peeps here!

Thank you!
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am 54 and trying to stay positive about the changes my body has made and part of that is to get the weight off once and for all - no more yo-yo'ing- and maintain strength training to build muscle. Finding the last few pounds hard to get off after losing 25 so far, so I need all the support I can get. You all are so inspiring!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Welcome all!! B)
  • woodenhut
    woodenhut Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 67, got so much weight to loose, can't get started, got 2 false hips, arthritis all over, broke ankle a couple years back, left with a weak ankle now, I sit around a lot, yet 3 years ago I was active, out & about I used to bike ride, go to the gym, swimming, all that's stopped now, I sit & eat all the he naughty food, I had a gastric band fitted about 8 years ago, it worked for awhile I done very well with it, but then suddenly I couldn't eat the smallest thing, or drink a little, I was ill, now waiting for its removal. I feel I gave up on myself a long time ago, feel very down, it's getting worse not better so I now need to really sort mysel out & get my head thinking I can make changes for the better, so this is why I've come back to MFP, I never knew all this was on here until my daughter showed me, hopefully now I can be inspired by you's. Thank you for putting up your stories & achievements.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    woodenhut - keep coming here, take small steps, love yourself, There are youtube videos for exercise when you have health problems. I'm 72 and I started exercising in the house. Good luck on your journey keep logging in here and you'll get there
  • oldgirl235
    oldgirl235 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thought for today....What you eat behind close doors is what we see on the outside.
  • woodenhut
    woodenhut Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you spikeyhair it helps to get feed back I'm going to look for that on YouTube, I'm from the uk London I'm not 100% on the diet but I'm getting there, keep the response coming
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!