55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/Nana & deb!! Also, when flying and listening to the safety briefing they tell you to put YOUR oxygen mask on FIRST during an emergency; then assist others. You can't help others if you're in poor health.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I just turned 60 this week. I thought it was going to be traumatic, but instead I feel so much happier and healthier that I did when I turned 50! I started MFP 195 days ago. So far I've lost 48 lbs with another 25 to go. I've just been tracking all of my foods, portion control and staying under my daily calorie/sodium goals. Plus I joined a gym and now do Zumba 3 times a week. Thanks to that class, I've even met some new people. I love going. It gets me out of the house during the day. (I work the 4-mid shift at the local VA Hospital). I have noticed that as I get closer to my goal weight of 160 the weight loss is definitely slowing down. That's OK though, I 've gone from wearing size 20 pants down to size 12. My tops used to be 2x. Now I'm in a medium. I haven't seen that since the early 80's. I also found that I truly like to cook! Who knew?

You inspired me because you sound so close to myself. I just started a few weeks ago and would be thrilled with what you have accomplished in 195 days. You said you are in a VA station...you arent in loma linda are you?
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I just turned 60 this week. I thought it was going to be traumatic, but instead I feel so much happier and healthier that I did when I turned 50! I started MFP 195 days ago. So far I've lost 48 lbs with another 25 to go. I've just been tracking all of my foods, portion control and staying under my daily calorie/sodium goals. Plus I joined a gym and now do Zumba 3 times a week. Thanks to that class, I've even met some new people. I love going. It gets me out of the house during the day. (I work the 4-mid shift at the local VA Hospital). I have noticed that as I get closer to my goal weight of 160 the weight loss is definitely slowing down. That's OK though, I 've gone from wearing size 20 pants down to size 12. My tops used to be 2x. Now I'm in a medium. I haven't seen that since the early 80's. I also found that I truly like to cook! Who knew?

That is so reassuring! Thanks for posting this!

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    How did you gals make out during thanksgiving? did you eat about the same- over eat- or what? I think I did fairly well- but I did indulge and enjoy my self- but I am back in the saddle again-
  • dsboohead
    Options
    Just checking in to keep this bracket alive. Please post age group alive with pictures <3:)<3
  • dsboohead
    Options
    Yes love pictures and do you find time to clean toilets with how active you are....lol!!!
  • debtay123
    Options
    You are all doing great!
  • jspecies19
    jspecies19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice post lulunica
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Agree! o:):#B)
  • jspecies19
    jspecies19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone doing with all the sugar around this time of year? It’s a challenge for me and not only destroys my eating plan but destroys my rosacea prone complexion. How many days til Spring?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    About 100 days I think.
  • griffinca2
    Options
    jspecies, It's really hard to cut back on the sugar; they put it into so much of what we eat. Do my best to try and watch it; using frozen veggies, and low-sugar bread help.
  • debtay123
    Options
    I started buying the low sugar Nature's own bread for my mom and found out- it is quite tasty. I also love the dave's killer breads. I am doing ok- but I will have to watch myself with all the "eating out" celebrations this time of year. I noticed that I ate out 4 out of 7 days this week- can a small weight gain of 1.3 BUT I know it is all the sodium and just not watching portion sizes. I am NOT going to "bet myself up about this". I am going to TRY harder and still eat out- BUT next time I go to a celebration- I am going to have a plan in my head- know what I mean
  • griffinca2
    Options
    debtay, Yep, know exactly what you mean!! But don't deny yourself too much; just have smaller portions of the "treat" enjoy yourself, and eat like you normally do (healthy) most of the time. That way you're less likely to binge. B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!