55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• nurseadair
    nurseadair Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    jspecies19 wrote: »
    How’s everyone doing with all the sugar around this time of year? It’s a challenge for me and not only destroys my eating plan but destroys my rosacea prone complexion. How many days til Spring?
    I struggle too, just no willpower at this time of year, but will try later.

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    @Evanutt, we live in So Cal in the Riverside County area. We're having a very warm fall and winter here so far. I have to visit my kids and grandkids in CO to get any kind of weather this year......LOL

Oh yes.....I am here in SB county just over the hill from you. Today is supposed to be in the 80's!
    My son is in ohio and my daughter in new jersey [{shiver}]! My joints can't take that weather....gotta wait for spring thaw!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    1Nana2many wrote: »
    Ok. The New Year is here. The food holidays are over! Today and every single day from this moment forward is a new day! If you’ve been struggling, make a new commitment today to be kinder to yourself, to be more forgiving of your mistakes and start each day as a new opportunity to get to a healthier point in your life. You CAN do it! You are worth this effort and there are lots of people who will support you as you go forward. We don’t all have to do it the same way. We each find our own way to better health, but remember it doesn’t matter how old you are or what your health situation is. There are things you can do to make your health better in 2018! Move a little more today than you did yesterday. Lift some weights, milk jugs filled with water will work...use those muscles or lose them is so true, but remember, do no harm. You don’t have to have a gym membership or a trainer. You have a computer or a smart phone...look up YouTube exercise videos and get moving. Walk laps in your house or around the house, whatever! Just do something that keeps those muscles working! Snack less. Plan to succeed and follow that up with some kind of action. You’re not too old and it’s not too late! If not now, when? Only you can determine what is going into your mouth. Don’t worry what anyone else is eating, it’s really all about what you choose to eat for yourself. Be strong! Value yourself! You ARE WORTH IT! Happy New Year! Make it a good one!

So inspiring! Thank you for this post!

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    dsboohead & luluinca, I'm originally fm lala land (yes, the city); left there long time ago and now live in South Eastern US. It is struggling to make it to 40 today (only made it to 33 yesterday), pretty cold here. I can relate to the warm Christmas' and New Years! Just take it one day at a time and if you ate it, you ate it; forget it and pick up where you left off. Food was meant to be enjoyed (so enjoy)!!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Great post 1Nana2Many!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    mptomey, I'm a retired Federal employee and know exactly what you mean.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yay, for the New Year's Bump! Still in maintenance and doing well. Back to the gym after the 16th, just waiting for surgical clearance, but I've been active every day and still hitting 20K steps. Can't stop us oldies!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit for my Christmas present to myself- I am enjoying challenging myself- have been consistently hitting 10,000 steps- now for last week have gone up to 12,000 steps- will do this for several weeks - then onward and upward- I am also still trying to lose a bit of weight- so keeping it as healthy as possible with one treat meal-NOT day- just meal each week-
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    @Trina 20K! You are inspirational!
    @debtay .... I also got myself a Fitbit --- it was an accumulation of giftcards from a friend, and she was delighted that is what I had bought, saying her husband had reduced about 40lbs in a year with Fitbit as an aid. It helped me a lot at the time ... I was working and the weather was good and I could log 10-12K by adding in walking to and from the subway, etc. Some kind of issue developed with my hip, though. Nowdays, I am not working and rarely get to 10,000 steps. Anyway, I am back here logging my food, and plan on working up to more stepping and more exercise. I do love the Fitbit!
  • joy4strength
    joy4strength Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all you ladies that exercise regularly. I am 56 years old and my whole life I have been active. I regularly walked 4 miles a day. When I was 49, I started running, which I love to do. I have done a number of 5ks and well as a half marathon. But lately, I can't seem to be consistent in my exercise. My goals are to run 3 days a week, lift 2-3 days, walk my dogs 2 miles a day. I have the motivation, but I don't seem to have the energy I use to have. Example, Monday I ran 2 miles and lifted for 30 minutes, but yesterday I could not move. My question, how do you keep going? I think I eat sufficient calories to fuel the workouts. Do you schedule more rest days? I feel like a failure when I don't accomplish my goals. Any suggestions would be appreciated, even if it is to just suck up and do it. :)
  • tammierlewis
    tammierlewis Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all you ladies that exercise regularly. I am 56 years old and my whole life I have been active. I regularly walked 4 miles a day. When I was 49, I started running, which I love to do. I have done a number of 5ks and well as a half marathon. But lately, I can't seem to be consistent in my exercise. My goals are to run 3 days a week, lift 2-3 days, walk my dogs 2 miles a day. I have the motivation, but I don't seem to have the energy I use to have. Example, Monday I ran 2 miles and lifted for 30 minutes, but yesterday I could not move. My question, how do you keep going? I think I eat sufficient calories to fuel the workouts. Do you schedule more rest days? I feel like a failure when I don't accomplish my goals. Any suggestions would be appreciated, even if it is to just suck up and do it. :) [/quote

Also have your hormone levels checked. After I had a hysterectomy at age 57 my energy level increased tremendously. I dropped 40 pounds and I've started running for the first time since my military days.
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »
    @Evanutt, we live in So Cal in the Riverside County area. We're having a very warm fall and winter here so far. I have to visit my kids and grandkids in CO to get any kind of weather this year......LOL

Oh yes.....I am here in SB county just over the hill from you. Today is supposed to be in the 80's!
    My son is in ohio and my daughter in new jersey [{shiver}]! My joints can't take that weather....gotta wait for spring thaw!

I use to live in SB county ...Montclair and then Victorville but live in Central Ca now ...... near Yosemite
    Happy 2018 to everyone here. I love the motivational spirit here, just what we need to get the new 2018 off to a good start!!
    Blessings to all !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!