55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• d3gus
    d3gus Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    kimirayray wrote: »
    I'm 53 and going through menopause now and can't seem to lose a pound. eating 1200 cal diet but can't exercise due to a herniated disk. I can walk though but it's freezing outside lol - I can't imagine that faithfully sticking to a 1200 cal diet does not let me lose weight - this sucks. I even got my thyroid tested - perfect. I am at a loss. If I can't lose a pound now what's going to happen to me on the other side of menopause? good luck with your struggle and please let me know what works!

Hi although you say your thyroid has been tested - has it been tested for autoimmune thyroid - i was in a terrible mess for 5 years - all the thyroid tests kept coming back normal - then finally i was in such a bad state my dr tested me for antibodies - dadah - i have Hashimoto disease - got medication and symptoms went aware - not saying it is easy to still lose weight - but it is possible
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    ladies we are all doing great- let's keep the faith and keep encouraging each others- we can do this- slow and steady wins and we will !!!!!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    Hump day for another week and then into March. Sticking with it!
  • making_tracks
    making_tracks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is harder than weight loss
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I think we can all relate!

Yes what is the deal with this????
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Maintenance is harder than weight loss

This can be so true!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Well we are here for each other and we CAN and WILL do this!!!
  • making_tracks
    making_tracks Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have also been told to pick up my calories but to cut back on days when I don’t train. I train 6 days per week, generally burning 3-500 calories per day through purposeful exercise. I say purposeful because I’m much more active in my everyday life than I was 9 months ago when I was at my heaviest, least fit condition. Purposeful means I’m running, cycling, circuit training or weight lifting
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!