Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

55-65 year old women's success?

1137138139140141143»

Replies

• solieco1solieco1 Member, Premium Posts: 1,431 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,431 Member
    Happy Birthday a day late @AnnPT77 - thanks for taking the time! So good for me to see the successful maintenance and that even you still work at it.
  • solieco1solieco1 Member, Premium Posts: 1,431 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,431 Member
    If this is the most important goal I have right now, then I have to act like it takes priority. "

@juliemargaretkim Well, that sentence just smacked me upside the head - thanks :) Gorgeous photo
    @SalinitySally your name is positively intriguing. Ocean fan or something else? I'm so sorry for the pain you've had to go through. The strength and love that comes through your post is palpable. As far as the trolls on here, you do you and don't hesitate from sharing - the rest of us enjoy hearing from you! Much love.
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 628 Member Member Posts: 628 Member
    @SalinitySally, goodness what a story, and I am so sorry for your losses. Good luck on your journey: you can do this (with however many meals each day you want!).
  • SalinitySallySalinitySally Member Posts: 258 Member Member Posts: 258 Member
    solieco1 wrote: »
    @SalinitySally your name is positively intriguing. Ocean fan or something else? I'm so sorry for the pain you've had to go through. The strength and love that comes through your post is palpable. As far as the trolls on here, you do you and don't hesitate from sharing - the rest of us enjoy hearing from you! Much love.

Thank you for your kind words.

Re my screen name: SaltySally was taken 😜. I live in Salt Lake City (for one more year before we return to the east coast) and was attempting a double entendre but this was the lame alternative.
    charmmeth wrote: »
    @SalinitySally, goodness what a story, and I am so sorry for your losses. Good luck on your journey: you can do this (with however many meals each day you want!).

Thank you ❤️
    @sillix I want to be as strong and as beautiful as you.
  • juliemargaretkimjuliemargaretkim Member Posts: 203 Member Member Posts: 203 Member
  • storozinskistorozinski Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    sillix wrote: »
    2wnf5by8d7xe.jpg
    I am not in the right age group (I am 78) but had to comment. I went through menopause in my early 40's.

In April of 2018 I weighed 248 pounds. My back was killing me. I couldn't walk more than a few feet without stopping to rest. I had been over 200 pounds for years. I yoyoed for a few months before starting to track my calorie intake. Hadn't heard of MFP and built an excel spreadsheet to track my weight and food intake. It worked! In November 2018 I broke below 200. In July 2019 I met my goal of loosing 100 pounds. I decided to adjust my goal and go for what at my age was my dream goal, 135 pounds. I am 5'6-1/2" tall. In October 2019 I was at 136 pounds. November 19. 2019 I joined MFP. My brother-in-law had been encouraging me to do so for some time. He had such success with the program.

I was having a problem holding my weight and since I didn't exercise during my weight loss I was becoming feeble and had poor balance.

I started MFP which as you know tracks your nutrition as well as calories. I realized I was not eating enough protein, fat or carbs. MFP helped me adjust my eating habits and get back on track. I not only lost the few pounds I had gained but reached my dream goal of 135.

I added exercise to my routine and now have regained my strength and balance. I love MFP. It keeps me on track and healthy.

I am still at 135 pounds. I fluctuate between 134 and 138 pounds (I weigh daily). Eating right is such a habit now that it is not difficult or a chore. I love all the new foods I eat; roasted vegetables of all kinds, especially root vegetables. I didn't even know what a rutabaga looked like much less how it tasted. No food is off limits but I do avoid breaded and fried foods. I would never go without having cake on a special occasion.

I walk a lot and have a routine of stretches and arm exercises that I do faithfully. I am strong, healthy and all symptoms of my diabetes has disappeared.

If I can do it you can do it, one pound at a time...I day at a time. If you take a day off from it, so what, just get back to it tomorrow.

I agree with luluinca, "You don't have to spend hours and hours at the gym to accomplish these goals but if a little exercise solves some of the aging problems characteristic to a sedentary lifestyle and aging........I'm in."

Thank you MFP.

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!! You are a great inspiration.