1235»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    Lifting faster.... raises your heart rate... thus cardio...

Yup muscular endurance is just saying a cardio with my weights. But what I have notice is that you still get the afterburn since you still are tearing the muscle technically.

no dude. muscular endurance is training your muscles to work for longer periods of time. basically you're training your slow twitch muscles. it's doing 10+ reps of a lift. it isn't cardio.

What about like 20-30 reps in a set. I have done 100 reps in one set.

sure. that'll work your slow twitch muscles. but it isn't cardio.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    earlyxer wrote: »
    Many MFPer's are not going to like this.......but.... cardio is a terrible way to try to lose weight. I know it's been drummed into our skulls since we were kids but there's no proof that it works. Let me put it this way: imagine you were from Mars, and suddenly put on earth in human form. Out-of-shape, overweight human form. You walk into a gym and on your left were all the treadmills and ellipticals and on your right were the free weights. You look at all the people walking/running on the treadmills and then at all the people doing presses, deadlifts, and pullups. Which group is in better shape? Which group has less bodyfat and more muscle? Among which group would you want to count yourself as a member?

Try this: Google "marathon runner" and look in images - is that how you want to look, like a skeleton? Because the marathon runner is the epitome of long-duration cardio. I never do cardio and I think the results speak for themselves. I use calorie control to maintain body fat percentages and strength train to create lean mass, and I'm 51.

Whenever I feel the need to burn some calories - I just lift weights faster.

I'm of the same school of thought

Try supersets or circuit training. A set up from just lifting faster.

I the lifting faster is kinds tounge in cheek...no one really means that. lifting gets your heart rate up period. I already do supersets regularly. I don't circuit train bc I I work out in a gym. If I trained at home I would.

I only work out in the gym and I do circuits. Like yesterday circuit was heavy bench press, heavy OHP, then jump rope (100 skips). I tried with no breaks but with squatting heavy before that there was no chance I could. I did get through two rounds with no break though.

and when you get up off that bench and move one to jump rope or squat...is someone supposed to respect ur circuit?

I train at 5 am and there are other people there.

I know what a circuit is and how its done. I dont do them bc when I get back to a piece of equipment and someone is using it, now I have to wait...

They do not have to respect my use of 5 pieces of equipment at one time, and I never ever respect a persons circuit. Get a home gym.

I didnt want to explain this to you but you seemed keen on educating me.

I interpret your second last comment as it is so unheard of for someone to do circuits in the gym. Then I said my workout. I was not trying to educating you on circuits.
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    babason2 wrote: »
    TLB86 wrote: »

Now you're trolling! :wink:

I am no troll, I am a little taller and I like to thing slimmer (not much) than a troll my dear :p
    I am just raring to go now. Actually feeling exciting for gym tomorrow morning!!!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    earlyxer wrote: »
    Many MFPer's are not going to like this.......but.... cardio is a terrible way to try to lose weight. I know it's been drummed into our skulls since we were kids but there's no proof that it works. Let me put it this way: imagine you were from Mars, and suddenly put on earth in human form. Out-of-shape, overweight human form. You walk into a gym and on your left were all the treadmills and ellipticals and on your right were the free weights. You look at all the people walking/running on the treadmills and then at all the people doing presses, deadlifts, and pullups. Which group is in better shape? Which group has less bodyfat and more muscle? Among which group would you want to count yourself as a member?

Try this: Google "marathon runner" and look in images - is that how you want to look, like a skeleton? Because the marathon runner is the epitome of long-duration cardio. I never do cardio and I think the results speak for themselves. I use calorie control to maintain body fat percentages and strength train to create lean mass, and I'm 51.

Whenever I feel the need to burn some calories - I just lift weights faster.

I'm of the same school of thought

Try supersets or circuit training. A set up from just lifting faster.

I the lifting faster is kinds tounge in cheek...no one really means that. lifting gets your heart rate up period. I already do supersets regularly. I don't circuit train bc I I work out in a gym. If I trained at home I would.

I only work out in the gym and I do circuits. Like yesterday circuit was heavy bench press, heavy OHP, then jump rope (100 skips). I tried with no breaks but with squatting heavy before that there was no chance I could. I did get through two rounds with no break though.

and when you get up off that bench and move one to jump rope or squat...is someone supposed to respect ur circuit?

I train at 5 am and there are other people there.

I know what a circuit is and how its done. I dont do them bc when I get back to a piece of equipment and someone is using it, now I have to wait...

They do not have to respect my use of 5 pieces of equipment at one time, and I never ever respect a persons circuit. Get a home gym.

I didnt want to explain this to you but you seemed keen on educating me.

I interpret your second last comment as it is so unheard of for someone to do circuits in the gym. Then I said my workout. I was not trying to educating you on circuits.

Ugh, it is not unheard of to do circuits in a gym, its just not efficent for me bc other people are there and may jump in on my circuit causing me to wait. I do not want to wait. I do my 5 sets uninterrupted and move on.