Restaurants with NO nutritional facts

Options
1235»

Replies

• kskonkol
    kskonkol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You could probably estimate to the best of your ability, and ask the waiter was they use when they cook it (like any oils) to make sure there's not too many hidden calories. You could also request that they start posting nutritional information - after all, since they're into making healthier foods, it shouldn't be too much to ask. You could be totes casual about it - ask it they have one, and when they say no, just be all "That's okay, but it would be totally awesome if you did in the future."

Estimating is okay. But I also know I have been completely shocked into never going to certain restaurants by looking at the nutrition information on the websites. I've gone to quite a few that will have the information based on 2 or more servings for an entree. If someone wasn't really thinking or whatnot, you could sit there and eat your whole day (or more) in one entree and not realize it.

Without saying the name of the place I was looking at soups on the menu. There was an option for a bread bowl. Just that bread bowl was 1000+ calories alone. You'd turn 300 calorie bowl of soup into 1300+.

And some salads can be more calories than the steaks and burgers on a menu.

It is all a matter of perspective, really. If knowing and tracking accurately is important to you, having that information provided is a good thing. If you mostly estimate only... the information would probably be fluff.

But I guess the short answer is:
    Yes, I like having the information.
    No, I don't stay away from places that don't have it. I choose carefully.
    No, I don't equate a restaurant that says it's "Healthy" means it's also "Low Calorie". Smoothies can be very high calorie with out trying.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If you order anything but a salad without cheese, dressing and nuts, I think it would be safe to assume the meal is 700 to 1,000 calories at most restaurants.