Lululemon, worth it?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree that spending more on quality stuff is worth it. I don't like Lululemon. And they are overpriced beyond the quality. Maybe they just don't work for me. The clothing is not petite. And when I do downward dog, you can see my underwear. But, I do have a sweatshirt that I wear from there. I wouldn't be opposed to trying a shirt. I've never had luck with the pants. Maybe because I prefer cotton.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I wear Athleta, not Lulu, but with both brands you can take stuff back for any reason, even after wearing it, and they'll give you a refund or exchange. Bra chafe, or you bounce too much? Tights ride up/down or have a seam coming undone? Take it back. I love that peace of mind.
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Have you all missed my post about the camel toe blocker? This thread should have ended there.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Yes, but only the sheer ones (at least it worth it for me to oogle).
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love lululemon. It is expensive but honestly I haven't found any other shorts that I like as much as their speedy run shorts. Yes, a lot of other brands have the underwear inside and the pocket in the back but they are either almost the same price or they don't fit as well. I have spent $60 at Target buying running shorts that ride up or don't fit as well and I could have just bought one pair of lululemon shorts. I guess it depends on the item. For their jackets I would get Target or some other brand. I am just obsessed with their shorts though! And that really lightweight running top they have.....
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Well that's quite a range of responses. There's a Lulu store less than ten minutes away from me, and while I asked the question in part to be a stinker because I know people get fussy over that brand, I am actually intrigued. If that or some of the other suggestions posted really do stand up that well to the rigors of use and washing, I will check it out. In truth my Champion bras are some of the saddest things you'll see.

Also camel-toe block? What magic be this?
  • lblert
    lblert Posts: 55
    Options
    I have Lululemon yoga pants, and they were well worth the price mainly because they retain their shape. I noticed that my cheaper yoga pants would stretch out during workouts to the point where they were sliding down. And, honestly, they are very flattering.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought lululemon, based on the recall, but have gotten garments from Athleta and SkirtSports and they are definitely worth the money (if you have it)
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I swear I'm the only girl at my bar classes NOT wearing Lulu.

I don't give a f*. I'm too cheap for that ish.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Well that's quite a range of responses. There's a Lulu store less than ten minutes away from me, and while I asked the question in part to be a stinker because I know people get fussy over that brand, I am actually intrigued. If that or some of the other suggestions posted really do stand up that well to the rigors of use and washing, I will check it out. In truth my Champion bras are some of the saddest things you'll see.

Also camel-toe block? What magic be this?

Keep in mind that things like fit, softness/comfort, "cuteness" are all relative terms, and you shouldn't let someone's review of "uncomfortable" or "plain looking" influence you. What's comfortable or eye catching to one person may not be to other.

Pay attention to reviews/comments that talk about things like durability, breathability, etc. That's what being better is really about - lasting longer and working more effectively.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    there's a brand at tj maxx and marshalls that I buy all my pants from. I can't think of the name and it's driving me nuts! the logo looks like a sidways spring almost. anyway, they are fantastic. they have a high waist which sucks in my pooch, they stay in place, and they make my butt looks good!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only the sheer ones (at least it worth it for me to oogle).

Yeah.

You know, for guys though, I have a pair of their yoga shorts. It's like having your boys held by a pair of soft hands. Well worth the money.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Whatever's on sale at Sports Authority and doesn't give me a rash in funny places is what I wear. I don't even know what Lululemon is. Is it like Juicy?
    Do you mean funny ha-ha, or a different kind of funny?

I'm sorry about your rash.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Have you all missed my post about the camel toe blocker? This thread should have ended there.

Good point. If only this lady wore lulu ....

ibsjE6vg1MoomU.gif
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Good point. If only this lady wore lulu ....

ibsjE6vg1MoomU.gif
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only wear lululemon. Love the quality, though it has been slipping in the past couple years. Just go on the website to the "We made too Much" area. They always have stuff on sale. I rarely pay full price on anything! And shipping is free and takes 1 to 2 days from order to come to your door (at least in Canada)
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ugh yes totally worth it!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have tons and tons of great workout gear. Some things I have spent a small fortune on. Others I have not. Luckily, we have City Sports here that is doing some really cute workout gear that looks like a Lulu knockoff, but is of similar quality and MUCH cheaper.

Of all my workout items, I dont prefer Lulu more than some of my $9 TJ Maxx tank tops or Nike tech capris. I like the styles they off, but that's where my love affair ends. Even given the high quality of the product, they are still overpriced.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I do really like some of their stuff, but no more than I love my Nike gear. I would buy LuLu if I had a gift card, but since my money goes further with Nike (and they have sales far more frequently), I rarely shop at Lululemon. That said, what I do own of theirs, I have always been happy with.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Used to love their running cropped pants but lately I feel that the quality of their material has gone down while the price remains the same. I do like their long sleeved cool weather shirts for running and I have a running jacket I love. Both I've had for a while and were worth the price.

But not the pants. I feel like Champion has great pants and you can get those at Target without the huge price tag.