What you love about where you live?

Options
happywithme12
happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
I live in upstate New York and last night I went out to smoke (yes I know its bad for me) and I left the porch light off to keep the beetles away. I listened to the frogs and the turkeys roosting across the street and watched all the fire flys lighting up the sky and I realized some of the things I love about living here. Nature here is so beautiful and so relaxing, it makes you feel at ease with everything. What are some things you guys love about where you live--or hate?

Replies

• What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    I love watching two drunk teenagers fighting in the street drunk on beer and sun a dangerous combo in Ireland as we have too much of one and not enough of the other
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I live in a great college town. Great city for live bands, good food places all over Lincoln, fun atmosphere on football Saturdays. I've lived here all of my life and thought about moving out after high school, but I couldn't do it. I would miss it too much.
  • ajwild001
    ajwild001 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I live in the Twin Cities, MN. - We have 4 seasons, am in the midst of city life but close enough to nature to enjoy that too.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Almost nothing. The only things that make me smile about the area I live in is when I come home and see the bunnies in the yard, or the chipmunks. And also when the lilac bush blooms.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I live in San Diego. It's beautiful, the weather doesn't get too cold or too hot (usually) and there's a lot to do.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I love watching two drunk teenagers fighting in the street drunk on beer and sun a dangerous combo in Ireland as we have too much of one and not enough of the other

LOL my husband is irish to he has always wanted to visit there
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I live in a great college town. Great city for live bands, good food places all over Lincoln, fun atmosphere on football Saturdays. I've lived here all of my life and thought about moving out after high school, but I couldn't do it. I would miss it too much.

when you love where you live its hard to leave
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Almost nothing. The only things that make me smile about the area I live in is when I come home and see the bunnies in the yard, or the chipmunks. And also when the lilac bush blooms.

I love the smell of lilac's i was allergic when i was a kid and now i am not so i enjoy it as much as i can now
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I live in San Diego. It's beautiful, the weather doesn't get too cold or too hot (usually) and there's a lot to do.

sounds like perfect weather to me :)
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love that I live near the mountains and the ocean and the city and the woods all at once
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I live on a small island in the southeast. I love how I can open the window or walk outside at night and hear the ocean waves... sooo peaceful! I live a mile away from the ocean!
  • goldenboy2532
    goldenboy2532 Posts: 856
    Options
    The Lake. I would be on the water every day if I could
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I love that I live across from a canal. That I can see ducks walking and swimming around the area. I love walking my dog at night and seeing the stars in the sky. I love that I live near the major expressways and parkways on the Island and can get to my trails pretty quickly. I love that its a 45 minute commute into Manhattan to work. I love that the woman who lives across the other side of the canal walks around in her underwear at 6am.

I hate the traffic around on the roads. I hate the taxes.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that daytime temperatures are still in the mid 20s (that's in Celsius) despite the fact that Winter's officially just three days away. I love Pretoria's more relaxed, laid back pace as compared to the larger nearby Johannesburg. I love the fact that there's a nature reserve barely two miles from downtown Pretoria where you can enjoy an open country experience right smack in the middle of an urban area!
  • foot56
    foot56 Posts: 44
    Options
    Beach house in SoCal, yeahhh I can't complain.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I live in the Chicago suburbs, on a dead end street with a beautiful lake across the street from my house. I can walk to the grocery store and the library and the bank. Kids play freely in the streets and parks here, neighbors take care of each other, and our town has awesome holiday celebrations. I have a world class city just miles away, where I can enjoy some of the best architecture, sports teams, and an amazing lakefront. I wouldn't trade it for anything. We've had opportunities, but my heart is here.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Orange blossoms! I live near several large orange groves, and during spring evenings the scent of the blossoms is heavenly. I throw open all the doors & windows and kick on the whole-house fan to draw in that delicious smell...

The city where I live is quite nice, also. I love our little historic downtown, the university, and the proximity to the mountains, ocean, and BIG cities. I'm close enough to get to any of those places in an hour or so by car (can even take the train if I like), but far enough away from the city that I don't feel smothered by its congestion. Wouldn't mind living more "in the sticks", but where I'm at now is pretty darn nice =)
  • cmfaris8
    cmfaris8 Posts: 39
    Options
    I live in Chicago and I love falling asleep to sirens and flashing lights, living in an apartment the size of most people's closets, and taking public transit everywhere. But its the feeling, the attitude, and the general atmosphere of living in a city that is really unbeatable.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    So Cal,Love the weather and beaches... only thing I do truly hate is the traffic and wildfires.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I live in the Twin Cities, MN. - We have 4 seasons, am in the midst of city life but close enough to nature to enjoy that too.

4 seasons? We only had 2 in my books this year! ;)