What you love about where you live?

Options

Replies

• Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    the smalltown feel. im in the city that has produced mike ditka, tony dorsett, ty law, sean gilbert, and darrelle revis

football is really king around here (highschool as well as steelers)

pens get some love but only when the playoffs start

i can drive to the "big city" and its only about 20 miles and 15-20 minutes

there is no introduction to the city anywhere else quite like driving through the fort pitt tunnels

used to live in huntington beach, california

the weather, playing basketball, the weather, the beach, the weather, playing basketball. yea, i dont miss it at all. :sniff:
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    The Black Hills of South Dakota... picture Mt. Rushmore. Some of the most beautiful riding, mt biking, hiking, fishing, boating in the states. There's a reason the Sturgis Motorcycle rally is held here every August.. 500,000 bikers cant be wrong....

<<<< See????
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    All the Beaches. I live in the Ocean State.
  • megbee617
    megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The charming local accent... (I live in BAWSTON kid)
  • happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love that I live near the mountains and the ocean and the city and the woods all at once

thats nice to be able to enjoy it all, i love hiking so i love the mountains
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I live on a small island in the southeast. I love how I can open the window or walk outside at night and hear the ocean waves... sooo peaceful! I live a mile away from the ocean!

that sounds wonderful, i love all the sounds that nature has to offer it makes me very happy
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I love that I live across from a canal. That I can see ducks walking and swimming around the area. I love walking my dog at night and seeing the stars in the sky. I love that I live near the major expressways and parkways on the Island and can get to my trails pretty quickly. I love that its a 45 minute commute into Manhattan to work. I love that the woman who lives across the other side of the canal walks around in her underwear at 6am.

I hate the traffic around on the roads. I hate the taxes.

LOL i love how you added the thing about the neighbor thats really cute buddy your to funny
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I love the fact that daytime temperatures are still in the mid 20s (that's in Celsius) despite the fact that Winter's officially just three days away. I love Pretoria's more relaxed, laid back pace as compared to the larger nearby Johannesburg. I love the fact that there's a nature reserve barely two miles from downtown Pretoria where you can enjoy an open country experience right smack in the middle of an urban area!

sounds wonderful
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I live in MI and love that we have every season (sometimes all in one day) and that we usually have snow on Christmas.
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I didn't like where I lived (a bigger city in Kentucky)... So I moved to Florida!

I love the beach. And the WEATHER. Even in winter, the coldest it gets is like, 40's or 50's. I love the palm trees and the sand.
  • KP556
    KP556 Posts: 10
    Options
    my lake in my backyard:love:
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I live in northern MI, and I live about a mile from Grand Traverse Bay. I love everything about my town (Traverse CIty).... the beaches, the activities, the beauty of everything around me. People pay a lot of money to vacation here, and I live it every day!
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I live on the Space Coast of Florida. I love driving to work every day and seeing the Space Port to my North. I get to see every launch from my backyard, or go to the beach and watch from there. Living on an island, the wild life is amazing. So much to see.
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    Colorado.....the mountains!
  • TakeTimeToCare19
    Options
    I live in NYC. What's not to love? Bright lights, Big City! :)
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    my back yard.....OHIO

backyard_zpsec8bba0f.jpg
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Beach house in SoCal, yeahhh I can't complain.

awesome
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I would carpet bomb and level it all in my perfect world.
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love that its a new city and they are building but yet there are still open spaces (that's right, open land in southern California!). I love how its a great place to raise a family and how it has a small town feel. I love that I live close to the freeway so I can jump on it and head to the mountains, desert or beach.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I live in Maryland. The number one best thing is, of course, delicious Maryland blue crabs.
    I also love that we get to truly experience all four seasons.