What you love about where you live?

Options

Replies

• happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I live in the Chicago suburbs, on a dead end street with a beautiful lake across the street from my house. I can walk to the grocery store and the library and the bank. Kids play freely in the streets and parks here, neighbors take care of each other, and our town has awesome holiday celebrations. I have a world class city just miles away, where I can enjoy some of the best architecture, sports teams, and an amazing lakefront. I wouldn't trade it for anything. We've had opportunities, but my heart is here.

sounds like a wonderful place to raise a family
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,646 Member
    Options
    My town puts schooling and safety (police/fire/emergency services) first. We have great schools (one of the top ranked in the state) very low crime and I live in a wine making town!!! Even though I hate wine, it's the atmosphere that great with lots of sunshine, low humidity and lots of outdoor activities to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • happywithme12
    Options
    Orange blossoms! I live near several large orange groves, and during spring evenings the scent of the blossoms is heavenly. I throw open all the doors & windows and kick on the whole-house fan to draw in that delicious smell...

The city where I live is quite nice, also. I love our little historic downtown, the university, and the proximity to the mountains, ocean, and BIG cities. I'm close enough to get to any of those places in an hour or so by car (can even take the train if I like), but far enough away from the city that I don't feel smothered by its congestion. Wouldn't mind living more "in the sticks", but where I'm at now is pretty darn nice =)

i love the smells of flowers when they are close and in bloom wonderful thing to have around
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    currently nothing... maryland is getting crazy with all the bs laws, taxes, etc...

I miss Alaska.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I live in Chicago and I love falling asleep to sirens and flashing lights, living in an apartment the size of most people's closets, and taking public transit everywhere. But its the feeling, the attitude, and the general atmosphere of living in a city that is really unbeatable.

i couldn't do it being a country girl but if you love it thats all that matters
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't live in the best of places but San Antonio is so lush and green and very nice (in most parts) and there's a diverse race of people. The city is huge but not too densely populated and the job economy is awesome here!
  • happywithme12
    Options
    So Cal,Love the weather and beaches... only thing I do truly hate is the traffic and wildfires.

i hate traffic to thats why i love the country but the beach sounds fabulous
  • michellechawner
    Options
    So Cal,Love the weather and beaches... only thing I do truly hate is the traffic and wildfires.

^^ Agreed.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I honestly hate Maryland. I would rather be in Tennessee or North Carolina....actually...Colorado or Washington would be nice too. :smokin:
  • knpritchet
    knpritchet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the smell of the summer where I live because you can always smell fresh cut grass and flowers.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    the smalltown feel. im in the city that has produced mike ditka, tony dorsett, ty law, sean gilbert, and darrelle revis

football is really king around here (highschool as well as steelers)

pens get some love but only when the playoffs start

i can drive to the "big city" and its only about 20 miles and 15-20 minutes

there is no introduction to the city anywhere else quite like driving through the fort pitt tunnels

used to live in huntington beach, california

the weather, playing basketball, the weather, the beach, the weather, playing basketball. yea, i dont miss it at all. :sniff:

i love football to but i am a 49ers fan, my neighbor is a big steelers fan he goes crazy over it
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Right on Lake Superior, lots of hiking and biking trails, trees, camping, wildlife.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    The Black Hills of South Dakota... picture Mt. Rushmore. Some of the most beautiful riding, mt biking, hiking, fishing, boating in the states. There's a reason the Sturgis Motorcycle rally is held here every August.. 500,000 bikers cant be wrong....

<<<< See????

it looks so beautiful there i love the mountain country best hiking ever
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    currently nothing... maryland is getting crazy with all the bs laws, taxes, etc...

I miss Alaska.

Yes, I am on the Eastern shore and I hate it. Have lived here for a year. I could get double the house down south or up in Alaska instead of living in this little townhouse that smells like cat piss and cigarettes. I'm not crazy about the people around here either. I miss Alaska sometimes. I was in Eagle River, by Anchorage.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    my back yard.....OHIO

backyard_zpsec8bba0f.jpg

that is so beautiful i am sure you enjoy that i would
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. Amazing weather year round, beautiful beaches to one side, beautiful mountains for hiking on the other, fresh produce year round (esp strawberries). Great place to live.
  • GnomeLove
    Options
    my back yard.....OHIO

backyard_zpsec8bba0f.jpg

I am very jealous of you right now.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    My town puts schooling and safety (police/fire/emergency services) first. We have great schools (one of the top ranked in the state) very low crime and I live in a wine making town!!! Even though I hate wine, it's the atmosphere that great with lots of sunshine, low humidity and lots of outdoor activities to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

sounds wonderful for families
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I love the fact it's not busy (I live in a suburban area).
    I love that I'm two hours away from the beach and two hours away from the mountains.
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I honestly hate Maryland. I would rather be in Tennessee or North Carolina....actually...Colorado or Washington would be nice too. :smokin:

i want to move down south to be closer to my family that lives there but i cant talk my husband in to it cause his family is here but i would love to move down there also