Has anyone ever taken phentermine?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jaxsonjess
    Jaxsonjess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am doing great on it I am on month three and I am down 26 lbs- I get dry mouth and the sweats sometimes. But other than that you still have to make good choices and work out. It is not magic, but when you have alot of weight to lose it is a great tool to keep you going and away from cravings. Of corse for everyone that is never going to go away, we will have to deal with craving and temptations our whole life, but for me it has given me the fight to keep going on my way to losing 100 lbs, 65 down!!!
  • ashley92188
    ashley92188 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The only side effect I am experiencing is dry mouth which really isn't a bad thing at all because it keeps u drinking water. And yes everyone experiences different side effects and that's with ALL medications. Nobody experiences the same effects. Everyone's body reacts differently to different things so u can't say don't do something because it didn't work for u. Gotta experience it for yourself.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been eating healthy and working out and I'm down 5lbs so far in a week.
  • shearbeauty91
    shearbeauty91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on phetermine . Only side affect in have is dry mouth. I have been in it before the first month I lost 12 pounds or more. In 3 months I lost about 30 pounds. And as far as going back to what you use to eat, if you call it a "diet" your never going to really change the way you eat. You kinda have to think of it as a life style. A life style change. And also when your off of it. I know my doc has nutritionists at the office for help and support for free with insurance. And you can go once a month. Hope that helps feel free to add me:) @shearbeauty91
  • miaelissa
    miaelissa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It will kill u.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Pharmacist here. Many people here will discourage you from the use of phentermine, which if you can lose the weight without it, absolutely thats the better option. However, for some people, they need some medical intervention. Dont let people judge you. This is your weight loss journey. Phentermine works on the fight or flight response, and works as an appetite suppressant. It doesnt really actually cause you to lose weight, but its supposed to make you feel 'not as hungry'.

As I said, it works on the fight or flight response, and can make you feel 'excited' or 'jittery' at times. Most people get used to it after a little bit. Id recommend not taking it close to bedtime. If youve had bad experiences with Pseudoephedrine (such as Sudafed, Claritin-D), then you may have some issues with this.

If you have any specific questions, Id be more than happy to help
  • ashley92188
    ashley92188 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    miaelissa wrote: »
    It will kill u.

As will anything. U sound dumb but thanks for your unwanted input. =)
  • plainprincess
    plainprincess Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 8 of taking phentermine, it works very well for me in the sense that I haven't felt much like eating.. whereas usually if I were to eat the 1200 calorie diet my doctor has put me on without taking it, I would be nauseous and moody until I eat something (I hate dieting :\ )
  • devinev32
    Options
    I'm on them. No side effects that r to bad. I like them I'm losing weight.
  • MrsMegBlevins
    MrsMegBlevins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've taken them before and currently on them at the moment (week 3 I believe). The first time was after I put on about 30 pounds after my freshman year of college. I did well with it. I was on it for a month and lost the 30 pounds after doing that, working out on a routine basis, and watching every single morsel I put in my mouth. I gained weight when I graduated and got a job sitting at a desk for 10 hours a day. After working the 10 hour days and getting married in 2013, I have put on a ton of weight. I was depressed about it and I was trying to watch what I ate and work out, but nothing was budging. I was getting out of breath so easily. So I am now back on Phentermine. It helps me feel like I have enough energy to get through my work day and then go home and be able to get a full workout in every night. I have no problems going to sleep. I think it helps boost my mood as well. It works if you understand it's not a magic pill. You have to work out and watch your food intake. It helps you almost set up a healthy routine, so once you do get off of it, it's not anything new to you. Also, I noticed I had gotten some headaches a lot with it, but I looked it up and if you take a vitamin B supplement daily with it, it helps that. Plus, drink a lot of water. Good luck with it! :)