1-Ingredient Ice Cream!

Options

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ooh, yum, just made some with blueberries.

TIP: If you put in a little fresh banana, it helps get it going in the magic bullet a bit quicker (about 1 fresh ounce per every 3 frozen ounces). Just pulse and shake often, hehe.

This is also good to have if you're feeling under the weather. It's my new sickly comfort food, hehe. Goes down easy and stays down, yay!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am so gonna try this! Thanks! :happy:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    bump again. I got some bananas just about ready to freeze.
  • dmw0619
    dmw0619 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just made this and it was surprisingly delicious! I don't have a food processor so I put it in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer. I did add a tablespoon of milk just to bring it all together. Thanks for sharing and helping me with my ice cream addiction!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump
  • Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I *love* the frozen banana trick. I will sometimes add a tablespoon of cocoa powder (the unsweetened kind) to the banana as well. I find the banana is sweet enough, and it satisfies a chocolate craving. :)
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is the most amazing dessert eva!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    anyone have luck making it with a blender?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    bump again. I got some bananas just about ready to freeze.
    you made it yet Diane? :flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I used a food processor. I had 4 bananas though. I'll have to try 1-2 in my mini chopper & will let you know.

Hutch LOVED it!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

I used a food processor. I had 4 bananas though. I'll have to try 1-2 in my mini chopper & will let you know.

Hutch LOVED it!!
    Thanks Selby! I need to just go out and invest in a mini food processer so I can make hummus and pita bread with it
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

I just could not get it to work with a blender. I've tried it a couple times- either it's too chunky, or too thin.

I might try it with a food processor tonight.
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I made this for a post-workout recovery the other night (it was about 95 F that day, and I wanted ice cream, but didn't want to have ice cream and wreck my nutrition of the day) and added 1 tsp of Dark Chocolate Dreams (peanut butter and Co makes it...it is dangerously good) and the teeniest amount of honey.

Holy moley, it was just the thing. Seriously satisfying. Definitely killed the "cold and creamy" craving.

Oh, and I make it in my blender, but I have a commercial blender. The problem with blender vs. food processor is a blender requires liquid to work.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have 2 sliced bananas in my freezer for this. I can't wait to try it out!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I have a banana in the freezer now. Am planning on adding 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 tsp of cocoa powder (maybe some splenda if needed because of cocoa powder). I am hoping it comes close to Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ... yummmo

Will let you know.

Thanks for posting this idea,
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    My boss came in today raving about this. She made it for her family and both little girls (including one who is staunchly anti-fruit) ate a big old plate of it. Pretty amazing!

http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414
    ahh the mystery ingredient had me a bit worried until I went to the link. lol Sounds yummy and healthy! Was also reading the comments on the site ppl left and someone mentioned how they loved frozen banana slices. Never thought about it, gonna try it now.

Thanks for passing this on,
    Becca

if you like frozen banana slices, you should try freezing seedless grapes. They are great, very refreshing too.
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I find it funny, that so many people have never heard of this! My grandma used to do this for us when we were kids, I like to refreeze mine, I also add a few frozen strawberries. After I scoop out my frozen banana-strawberry ice cream, I add finely chopped pineapple and refreeze, I think it tastes better when you freeze it again..there's sooo much you can do to this!
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    OMG ! I tried this today and it was SOOO good . So smooth and creamy ! Only problem for me was that it had 23 carbs and the ice cream I regularly eat has the same number of calories and 13 carbs