1-Ingredient Ice Cream!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    This was fantastic! Very yummy. A definite keeper-recipe. I added a little bit of cinnamon to mine and tossed some blackberries on top. Regular ice cream does have more protein and less carbs due to the dairy content, but most ice cream has additives/preservatives and added sugars... this is a great summertime treat that's pure fruit! I love bananas, and this is a great alternative way to eat them.
  • ydcaterino
    Options
    OMG, this was so easy to make and sinfully delicious! who needs bad sweets when you can have a healthy one!
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I have a banana in the freezer now. Am planning on adding 1 tsp of peanut butter and 1 tsp of cocoa powder (maybe some splenda if needed because of cocoa powder). I am hoping it comes close to Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ... yummmo

Will let you know.

Thanks for posting this idea,

This was very tasty. Next time I will let the banana freeze for 2 hours instead of 1. Many things you can do with this, thanks.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've found that the longer you freeze them, the better it turns out. I only did 2 hours last night, and it came out as cold banana flavored mush. The first time I did it, they were in the freezer pretty much all day.
  • Lumos586
    Lumos586 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, this is awesome. We have been freezing bananas for some fruit smoothies, added a few frozen berries and silk soy milk. (slight diary issues) -skim since I joined this site ;-)...But now that it 's summer I crave ice cream. Thank you for sharing.
    C.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I refreezed it after blending last night and it was fine by morning. I think you just have to be sure you keep it in an air-tight container (just like regular ice cream). I put mine in a ziplock baggie because we just went shopping so the freezer really full.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I made a 2 ingredient ice cream shake today with the blender. Bananas had been frozen for days, even a little freezer burnt. Rinsed them under warm water to get off the ice and then blended 1 and 1/2 bananas with 1 6oz container of yogurt. My brain sure thought it was ice cream.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm gonna add a little drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce on mine....which is probably why I'm fat in the first place! :laugh:
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump for later... thanks.