Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• eys81
    eys81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Excellent post! I have so much to look forward to, thanks for sharing!!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    My really unexpected thing was having my hygienist comment this week that my change of diet seemed to have decreased the amount of plaque on my teeth. We thought this must be as side effect of the fact that I have pretty much stopped drinking apple juice. (Do the sugars in pasta and bread land on one's teeth, does anyone know?) I was expecting my doctor to comment on my weight loss, but not my dentist!

They sure do.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    clim320 wrote: »
    I don't hear my body "clapping" when I run up the stairs anymore! :#

Oh my soul, I am so looking forward to this. My arms need to stop cheering me on when I move them around. LOL

I love both of these lol. I have a chorus of claps and cheers when I'm doing an exercise DVD but I know that soon it'll all be over.

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    great read
    - I'm not the first one done eating because I've inhaled my food.
    - My wedding ring fits again.
    - My feet don't tingle after 5 min of exercise.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    After I lost almost 60lbs - sitting on the toilet seat hurts when you have less cushion back there.

I loved having that curve in your armpit when you raise your arm.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My sister, who loves shopping, is happy. I knew weight loss would make me feel great, but I did not know it would make the people around me happier.

She says now whenever she sees something that she thinks would look nice on me, she no longer thinks "they don't come in large enough sizes". She is able to just randomly buy it for me as a gift.

Wow, I'm jealous - what a great sister! My brother's useless - even at Christmas/birthdays he gets me rubbish presents. One year he got me car mats :-(

lol that is SUCH a brother gift.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    cookmtn wrote: »
    1. Having my underwear fall down my hips to be saved by the crotch of my jeans. Thanks goodness I wasn't wearing a dress!

2. Shopping in my closet, trying on a skirt that I had gotten too big for, and realizing I missed my window of opportunity!

3.My husband posted a picture of me from a year ago when I was at my heaviest and instead of crying at how fat I was, I was happy realizing I'm no longer there.

Ahum mine is a bit embarrassing.
    Going into the hot whirlpool to work out and started to jump around and could just grab my bikini pants before it dropped off.
    Lazy me and dont wanted to waste any time walking back home to change i waited till nobody was there anymore. sitting relaxing and such...when i was alone i started to work out very fast to get my exercising done...while i was holding my bikini pants with one hand.
    :(

This sort of happened to me, although luckily I was wearing a one-piece because I was swimming laps. I got in and woosh--water filled my whole suit and it was no longer clinging to my body, but floating around me. That was one of the worst swims I've ever had, lol.

Also, naive me didn't realize that the armpit thing was from losing weight! Just recently whenever I've been showering I'll go to shave my armpits and be angry at how they could've gotten that bad overnight--come to find out I'm not really shaving them at all because the razor can't fit in the actual "pit" properly!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I dropped a good portion of the weight that when I walk my arms don't run on the fat that's sitting on my hips. I just realized it the other day haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!