Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• 1992fx3
    1992fx3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Adam's apple keeps getting nicked when shaving
    Boney bump on wrist rubs on spine when washing my back, like someone dragging a mallet across a xylophone
    I look forward to clothes shopping
    Searching out clothes with a slim or athletic fit
    Grabbing medium size clothes to try on because they look like they'll fit, only to have to go back and get size small
    Lots more choices in my new size on the clearance rack
    Actual pits in my armpits
    Sleep much better
    Almost always cold
    Uncomfortable to sleep on my side with knees together
    No more back acne
    Need to get my hair cut shorter otherwise it looks like I have way too much hair for my head
    Crave exercising, I get antsy if I cannot due to weather or time constraints
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    So, here's one that didn't really occur to me until early this week:

Community

When I first started going to the gym 8 or 9 months ago, I was uncomfortable. Worried I would make a fool of myself doing something, or someone would be a dick and I wouldn't want to go back. I did a couple classes, then I ventured into the cardio room, then I ventured into the small weight room. THEN, I decided I wanted to really lift and started working with a trainer. I'll work with her for a week or two, then do it on my own for a while. During the holidays, I spent a lot of time out of town. As soon as I got back to the gym, several people asked if I was ok, they hadn't seen me around. Then asked how my holidays were. :smile:

What was even better was a couple of weeks ago when I was lifting on my own and just knew these two guys in the weight room were watching me. (And, in my mind, judging.) It turned out they were. Since the trainer wasn't with me I was probably taking it a little lighter on my bench. Once of them walked over and said, "You can do more than that. I've seen it. I'll spot you, let's go." :smiley:

At this point, when I went in on the holiday Monday, the guys working the desk had a game going where they made a list and bets of the people they each thought would come in on the holiday. I made both their lists. :) As they said, Yeah, we knew YOU would be here.

I have a whole extra set of friends now!

This is awesome and should be shown to all girls who are afraid to go to the weight room because boys.

Agreed. And, it should be shown to all the people who express fear to go to the gym or are afraid they won't stick with it. Awesome stories! Thanks for sharing.
  • naturesfempower
    naturesfempower Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Definitely being cold.
    My husband complains because my bones dig into his lap.
    I sleep so much better.
    Having more energy and wanting to go outside (unless it is cold).
    Being in a better mood.
  • Karen_DisneyFan
    Karen_DisneyFan Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    These are all so inspiring - thank you for starting this thread <3
    The only thing I've experienced so far is being cold *all.the.time* and I love when my daughter or niece or nephew give me a hug and say how much smaller I feel... LOL, still got a long way to go but I'm enjoying it so far.
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Some of these crack me up!!!
  • nollaigfok
    nollaigfok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys im just starting off and i was just wondering did ye find u retained ur food by exercising while still eating your daily amount?
  • hanajbanana
    hanajbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    nollaigfok wrote: »
    Hi guys im just starting off and i was just wondering did ye find u retained ur food by exercising while still eating your daily amount?

Hi @nollaigfok‌ not sure what you mean by your question, and for questions about weight loss or exercise you might be better searching for a thread specific to your enquiry, or by posting a question yourself if you can't find anything... If you mean did exercise help in weight loss then for me, definitely yes - it's been a combination of exercise on top of counting calories (you need both, not just the gym!) I also rarely eat back by calories burned from working out.
  • sarahkraus1982
    sarahkraus1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love these! Makes me excited to lose weight again :smiley:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Sharp elbows.
    Can see the muscles in my back and shoulders.
    Complements on legs.
  • ashleycasto01
    ashleycasto01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -loose wedding ring
    -plantar fasciatis GONE
    -knee pain gone

I'm noticing my PF gets better with every few pounds lost. How much did you have to lose for it to go away?
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I lost the padding in my butt! Totally didn't expect to need to add a pillow to my computer chair....and to be uncomfortable sitting on any hard surface.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!