Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in......as others have said, it's expensive! I find I keep ordering clothes and my husband accused me of being a shop-a-holic last night when a box arrived. But, I honestly needed clothes that fit and I've found that the ones I had from when I was this size before are either too worn out (from when I kept stuffing myself into them when they didn't fit) or seem to have somehow disappeared. Oh well.....shopping it is. ;-)
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    ishkur wrote: »
    chairs aren't comfy anymore. my butt hurts because i lost a loooot of cushion!!!!

Seats are also an inch lower! I already have trouble at certain restaurants because I have such a short torso - at Outback, the table top is pretty much aligned with my bust (or armpit!). It's like always being at the kid's table. :neutral:

But the number of times I have gone to sit down and then fallen that last inch is not to be believed. (I've dropped 5 inches off my hips.)

• treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My arms go straight down along the side of me. When I cross my legs they're so light I feel like I'm flinging them around. I have to hug and squeeze a big pillow at night because of the bone against bone as mentioned above. I can walk up hill for a long time. I love cute colorful belts.
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    chairs aren't comfy anymore. my butt hurts because i lost a loooot of cushion!!!!

Seats are also an inch lower! I already have trouble at certain restaurants because I have such a short torso - at Outback, the table top is pretty much aligned with my bust (or armpit!). It's like always being at the kid's table. :neutral:

But the number of times I have gone to sit down and then fallen that last inch is not to be believed. (I've dropped 5 inches off my hips.)

I've noticed this recently! My desk chair is actually higher too! I guess since there is now less to weigh it down.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options

My mom has a lot of butt "cushion". I was totally befuddled for a long time at how I have to move the seat higher to drive in the same car than she does, despite me being 2 inches taller than her. Finally realized it when sitting next to her on a bench one day - sitting, she is taller than me!

So I guess as I lost weight, I also got a little shorter when sitting down! And yeah, like the kids table :)
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    One beer...and I am not legal to drive. At least I don't feel like I should drive at all!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    One beer...and I am not legal to drive. At least I don't feel like I should drive at all!

1.5 'servings' of wine and I'm a goner. My rule of thumb now is 'If I take a sip of this (indicating alcoholic beverage) I am NOT driving anywhere.'

I've had to sleep on a couple couches or get rides from friends and I find NO shame in it.
  • ladylisagogo
    ladylisagogo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ha! I thought I had shrunk my brand new top after it's first wash as it looked so tiny, but when I tried it on it still fits!!! It wasn't the top that had shrunk it was me
  • ladylisagogo
    ladylisagogo Posts: 4 Member
    Options

That's me too, cheap night out though
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »

My mom has a lot of butt "cushion". I was totally befuddled for a long time at how I have to move the seat higher to drive in the same car than she does, despite me being 2 inches taller than her. Finally realized it when sitting next to her on a bench one day - sitting, she is taller than me!

So I guess as I lost weight, I also got a little shorter when sitting down! And yeah, like the kids table :)

I've had to move my car seat forward because the fat in my lower back & butt isn't pushing my hips forward; much easier to change radio stations with my shoulders closer to the steering wheel. Also, without the added "lift" the arm rest is an appropriate height, so I don't use a spacer under my elbow anymore.
  • IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    Options
    I expected my shoe size to go down. I was a size 7 in high school and made it up to an 8 with my weight gain. What is unexpected is that I am seemingly a 6 1/2 now! I am still about 20 pounds heavier than I was in school and yet my shoe size is smaller now, 15 years later? What?! Very confusing because I got so used to a size 7 that when I go to buy shoes I just gravitate to that size and don't bother trying them on before I buy. Now it looks like I'm going to have to actually try on shoes? Not that I'm complaining, shoes are always cuter the smaller they are.

• bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I actually got like . . . over an inch taller from last year's physical to this one, according to my doctor's office . . . :o

I'm 27 so I doubt I actually grew, although it could be. I think it was because now I have muscles supporting my back/shoulders and am actually standing straight and upright, rather than hunched and slouching. I always used to notice how badly I hunched over and now my posture is so much better - I notice that in the mirror. (I've been losing weight [slowly] and working out for about 2 months now.)
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 4 day 3 of C25k and instead of looking at next week's session with horror - read it and said "I can do that". Then got home and did some measurements and discovered I've lost an overall 17cm in the last few months
  • theresanguyener13
    theresanguyener13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had really bad allergies that stopped once I started clean eating!!!
    My mind is still not used to my size! When I see pictures, I'm shocked to see how much smaller I am compared to my mental image!
    Also, I love flexing! It's a major problem!! Haha
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bkate24 wrote: »
    I actually got like . . . over an inch taller from last year's physical to this one, according to my doctor's office . . . :o

This happend to me too (though just under an inch) and I am over 50 - I was totally astonished! I agree, I think it must be posture, and not being weighed down by those extra kgs/lbs.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    When you've got the skinny person who's holding their breath to squeeze around people and objects, it's a safe bet they picked up that habit from being bigger at some point.

I actually did this several times recently and didn't even realize I did it until just now when I read this post. :smile:
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Beanogirl wrote: »
    My bottom hurts when I sit on a hard seat. I can live with it though! :)
    Me too! For a while, I thought something was wrong with me, but then I realized that it's my tailbone! Imagine that!

I discovered my tailbone while showering....I thought I had a huge lump!!!! Who knew it was between your cheeks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!