Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Someone turning around and saying they were more physically attracted too you when you was morbidly obese compared to now(did not see that one coming)

Wow......preferring someone sick and that could potentially drop with a serious health problem or even die. ...someone you don't want to be with.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    Someone turning around and saying they were more physically attracted too you when you was morbidly obese compared to now(did not see that one coming)

Wow......preferring someone sick and that could potentially drop with a serious health problem or even die. ...someone you don't want to be with.
    Completely agree. That's what I was trying to say...if u were married to them CD be v difficult
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Many unexpected, but the first one that comes to mind is "sitting on a wooden chair is now uncomfortable, as I no longer have 'padding' back there" ... as I fidget in my chair!

I still think I'm big, but after I had to do an 8 hour flight, I realized that I'm smaller, it was the most uncomfortable flight I've ever been on.. All I could feel was my tailbone.....
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bumping to hear more wonderfully positive things! You all rock!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    patty_36_2 wrote: »
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Many unexpected, but the first one that comes to mind is "sitting on a wooden chair is now uncomfortable, as I no longer have 'padding' back there" ... as I fidget in my chair!

I still think I'm big, but after I had to do an 8 hour flight, I realized that I'm smaller, it was the most uncomfortable flight I've ever been on.. All I could feel was my tailbone.....

Oh great, something to look forward to when I fly to my sister's wedding next year...
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My big toes are losing weight???
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am sure many of these have already been said but I will say them for me:
    completely being able to cross my legs and being able to bend while my legs are crossed (no belly in the way anymore)

Bones, I have so many of them, I never knew that! LOL everywhere I touch is a bone! At times if I am lying down I will look and see a bump and think oh no whats that bump? I touch it and it is my hip or pelvic bone!

Sex.....um totally different as a thin person (its better :wink: )

Clothes I love to buy clothes now!! I went from a 16/18 to a 6 us size

confidence...I have so much more now! I am not thinking about what other people may be thinking. Eating in public, it doesn't bother me now. I used to think everyone was looking at me thinking why is that fat lady eating that?! Now I am the thin person eating that and no one cares lol

my brain has yet to catch up to my body. If I am not looking in a mirror I still "see" myself at 200#. I still pull my pants out of the closet and instantly think they are to small and wont fit.

I have also realized that truly no one other than me really gives a s**t about my weight loss. I rarely get compliments or OMG's or anything. No one really cares...only me!
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Lost friendships :/

THIS!! WTH is that about??? It is strange isn't it??!!
  • andres0691
    andres0691 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity for the last 2 years, and I have gotten faster when sprinting. Was sprinting as a joke the other day to catch up to a jogging partner and I was like zoooooommmm.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    jennlaw89 wrote: »
    Also... I feel taller which is weird.. And I feel like the arch in my feet is bigger which also probably seems weird haha..

It's funny you say that, as I lost weight, I had a lot of people tell me I looked taller. My dad swore I grew. I don't think so at 40, but I guess I did look taller. I got a lot of "I never realized how tall you were"

I'm 5'8 and folks think that I look taller too since losing these 15 pds (15 more to go).. Are you slim in the hips? I look longer because I don't have much hips.. Long legs and a Whole lot in the curves dept just makes me look stretched out. Lol
  • jasminemabry
    jasminemabry Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is so much motivation
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I laughed when I read your story, because now I realise I am not alone. Along with losing 44kg (97lbs), I have also lost the ability to see my reflection for what it really is. I still shop for my fatter self, and am constantly surprised when people don't recognise me. I have lost my rings because my fingers have shrunk, I have lost the ability to get dressed in five seconds flat, and I have lost the will to eat takeaway or food others have prepared. In the other corner, I have also joined the collarbone camp, the bony shoulder camp, the eternally cold camp and the I can finally shop for what I like camp. No matter the losses or gains, I wouldn't have it any other way. Finally, I am beginning to like me for who I am xx
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Caffeine seems to be affecting me more, lasting longer and weird fluttery belly feeling with less caffeine. (my stomach has never been happy with too much caffeine or before eating in the morning)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Syneea wrote: »
    Alidecker wrote: »
    jennlaw89 wrote: »
    Also... I feel taller which is weird.. And I feel like the arch in my feet is bigger which also probably seems weird haha..

It's funny you say that, as I lost weight, I had a lot of people tell me I looked taller. My dad swore I grew. I don't think so at 40, but I guess I did look taller. I got a lot of "I never realized how tall you were"

I'm 5'8 and folks think that I look taller too since losing these 15 pds (15 more to go).. Are you slim in the hips? I look longer because I don't have much hips.. Long legs and a Whole lot in the curves dept just makes me look stretched out. Lol

I'm 5'10 and have hips and thighs. I was just so round before :)
  • RuthyLOL
    RuthyLOL Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    In my case, that it took 30 lbs for people to START noticing and almost 50 lbs (47 lbs so far) for acquaintances. I am glad I am doing this for my health but it feels pretty good to see the changes.
  • dksmith20110
    dksmith20110 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I started, just looking down to the end of the hall seemed overwhelming when I thought about walking to the other end. Now I am consistently walking 2-3 miles at once. No longer have to ask for a table instead of a booth at the restaurant.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    olsogo wrote: »
    I recently noticed that I weigh less than my drivers license says I do!!

Ahhhhhh! My driver's licence says 250, although I was actually at 300 when I got it renewed, and I am now 199! Wow. That was fun! :smiley:

Also, geeze that's a lot of chins in the picture!
    I only have one now! :blush:
  • FleaBailey
    FleaBailey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    "No longer have to ask for a table instead of a booth at the restaurant."

Oh yeah dksmith20110, I LOVE that one!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!