Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That reactions to my weight loss (75 lbs so far) would range from others being proud of me, to fascinated by it, to frustrated. I am still confused by those who seem angry about it. . .
  • AjarnRon
    AjarnRon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to hate wearing anything tight. If it pressed against my stomach I felt uncomfortable. It still bothers me to a degree even though I am skinny now. I now love tighter jeans. I thought they were for gays and cowboys. Just what I told myself.
  • JustHilsie
    JustHilsie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I want to thank y'all because this is the thread that keeps me going when i want to quit.
  • aubcami916
    aubcami916 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Same here! This thread is my favorite! Thank you all :smile:
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I can scratch my back! All over my back.
  • lindaroto
    lindaroto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Room to turn around in the shower!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    lindaroto wrote: »
    Room to turn around in the shower!

I was just telling my husband last night that I now have room to completely dry off in our shower. It's a small shower so this is great especially when it's cold in the bathroom.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Driving has become increasingly more painful because my tailbone is no longer protected by a thick layer of fat.
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    WOW! Over 200 responses - thank you guys :-)

Another one from me:

I've always loved clothes, but after buying two new sports bras at the weekend I've also just realised that losing weight has made me develop a new-found obsession with gym wear. I now have more workout leggings than actual trousers!

Unfortunately I've already got too small for the gym clothes I bought six months ago... I discovered this doing lunges in BodyCombat when my shorts started to fall down - sorry people standing behind me, I think you might have briefly seen my knickers!
    Im scared that my new northface jacket will be loose on me....got it in a large and i have 20 lbs more to lose :worried:

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    How quickly you adapt to eating smaller portions. Coming from someone who's always had eyes bigger than her stomach.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

To top it all, I was called a black dolly Parton by a homeless guy whilst volunteering at a soup kitchen the other day. It would be a compliment except it's obvious the only thing we have in common is large breasts. I'm not even half her age, can't sing like her, with no likeness :/ le sigh... It's quite comical really but I just wasn't expecting it so soon I suppose. [/quote]

People can.be such jerks.
    Bless you for your volunteer work.

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    People can.be such jerks.
    Bless you for your volunteer work.

They sure can. Thank you!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    WOW! Over 200 responses - thank you guys :-)

Another one from me:

I've always loved clothes, but after buying two new sports bras at the weekend I've also just realised that losing weight has made me develop a new-found obsession with gym wear. I now have more workout leggings than actual trousers!

Unfortunately I've already got too small for the gym clothes I bought six months ago... I discovered this doing lunges in BodyCombat when my shorts started to fall down - sorry people standing behind me, I think you might have briefly seen my knickers!
    Im scared that my new northface jacket will be loose on me....got it in a large and i have 20 lbs more to lose :worried:

I bought a very nice, heavy coat for duck hunting before I started losing weight. It is so big now and the sleeves seem so long. It just isn't going to work....
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Spending more money on cycling and running clothes than work clothes.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Spending more money on cycling and running clothes than work clothes.

I love buying new workout clothes...I have way more of it in my closet than work clothes now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!