Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    here is another one that made me feel great! My 12 year old daughter now steals my clothes and wears them! I cant get mad at her bc it feels amazing that we are almost the same size!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Unexpected - I have become more interested in clothes & my appearance. A - I was never into buying nice things for myself and B - I used to become very depressed getting ready for work and not fitting well into my work clothes. I have purchased 4 new suits, fitted and even a "slim" fit dress shirt. I actually like getting dressed for work and my confidence has ballooned.

Somewhat expected - I went to my 25th HS reunion and although I really don't keep in touch with anyone I got a ton of comments on my looks. A good friend said I look better now than I did 20 years ago.
  • serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Went to the doctors today, and the nurse was blown away by my weight loss (she was seeing over 50 lbs from January, so I told her it was 82 since last summer). She seemed amazed that it was calories in, calories out. When I told her I'd recently started running, she said, "I tried that Couch to 5k app, but I didn't finish," I thought I'd die of pride as I said, "I finished it and am now on C210K. " ME. I did better than that very thin nurse! Unbelievable. Yet there it was.
  • ChristinaPartridge
    Options
    ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡!!!
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    bads1 wrote: »
    Good thread. The only new one I could add was I noticed all the sleeves on my shirts got longer. 379 - 296 lbs made the sleeves on my coat almost 2 inches longer (back fat mostly).
    bads1 wrote: »
    Good thread. The only new one I could add was I noticed all the sleeves on my shirts got longer. 379 - 296 lbs made the sleeves on my coat almost 2 inches longer (back fat mostly).

With a similar issue my trousers now seem an extra inch or two longer because my stomach isn't forcing me to drag them up higher on my waist! I unfortunately discovered this when the hems were dragging in the snow yesterday!
    getitamb wrote: »
    Cheap tank top
    Lost friendships :/

THIS!! WTH is that about??? It is strange isn't it??!!

It's called when you were the fat friend, I got all the attention. Now that you've lost weight, I don't get as much attention. I can't handle it.

Amen. ain't that the truth
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When I graduated high school almost 8 years ago I was wearing a size 12 in my jeans. I got all the way up to a size 22. Subtract 75lbs and today I'm wearing a size 10 jeans and I weigh 15lbs more than what I weighed in high school. I am over the moon happy. It still blows my mind that my next size that I will get into will be a single digit!
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    How much more aware of and in touch with my body I am.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    c_leeee wrote: »
    When I graduated high school almost 8 years ago I was wearing a size 12 in my jeans. I got all the way up to a size 22. Subtract 75lbs and today I'm wearing a size 10 jeans and I weigh 15lbs more than what I weighed in high school. I am over the moon happy. It still blows my mind that my next size that I will get into will be a single digit!

Too cool!
  • katyjay2014
    katyjay2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That the self control skills I'm learning from changing my eating habits will translate to other parts of my life (yes, I see you, Netflix....)

• rleider
    rleider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I surprised myself a couple of weeks ago when I went to try on some pants for winter season (i live in Fl, it hasn't really even started getting cold yet...)and i Comfortably fit into a size 10. 6 weeks before then I was a 14.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Due to minor surgery I got told not to do any intense excersise for a few days. I was suprised at how annoyed I was to read it. I know why (to protect the healing process, heatbeat, blood pressure etc), still annoys me. Still going for a nice walk in the afternoon though. I need fresh air.
  • UnicornInTheMaking17
    Options
    Indie4774 wrote: »
    I discovered that I could wear high heels that used to ache and I would blame the design of the shoe but when I had lost my weight I realized I was so much lighter on my feet that it was no longer painful. That was a huge "oh yeah" moment.

Me too! I just recently bought three new pairs of shoes because I can finally wear heels and they don't kill my feet!
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mine was this morning in Tesco when my husband made a comment, he said wow you have lost some weight your *kitten* is not that big anymore, wasn't sure if I should take it as a compliment or insult
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Mine was this morning in Tesco when my husband made a comment, he said wow you have lost some weight your *kitten* is not that big anymore, wasn't sure if I should take it as a compliment or insult

At least it's your *kitten* he was checking out!! Lol!!
  • BrandNewMan1970
    BrandNewMan1970 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Say comfortably on a plane and was able to cinch the belt quite a bit. Used to struggle to clasp it before.
    The knees at night!
    I got ribs, didn't know that before.
    Thigh gap. I know I am a
  • maric02
    maric02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My armpits are actual pits and not just a flat area. Shaving got harder..lol
    My armpits are actual pits and not just a flat area. Shaving got harder..lol
    jjo

• UnicornInTheMaking17
    Options
    How much I enjoy and crave my workouts.

Checking myself out in any reflective surface! I can't even help it! And taking selfies!

Dressing up!

Just like others have said, I'm freezing all the time!!

Some of the reactions you get to your weight loss, or lack of reactions.

How much advice people have, and how bad some of it is.

Not getting winded doing household chores

When your husband asks if you're sleeping because he can't hear you breathing like he usually does.

Sex is sooooo much better! :smiley:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!