Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    @jennlaw89 Very inspiring! Congratulations, you look great!

Thank you :) it's a struggle but it's the most worthwhile thing I've ever done
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My pants keep unzipping themselves :#
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    My nails are getting hella long!! Like, I've had to file them back a bit so I can type at work!! I've never had long nails EVER, and I didn't know what to think of these ones that keep growing and growing and growing!! My trainer told me last week that it's due to the amount of protein I'm eating now.
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TMI WARNING! I've always had irregular periods but since I started working out and losing weight my cycle has gone from barely three a year to every month! I guess I don't need to be on meds after all!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I've been off my GERD medication for a month with no complications.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to taking running gear on holiday! That's just nuts for me.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Looking forward to taking running gear on holiday! That's just nuts for me.

Running on holiday is the best - it's great way to explore new places! Have fun! :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise how uncomfortable certain people talking about my weight would be. I have now gone back to restricting discussing my fitness goals and results with a few loved ones and changing the topic when anyone else mentions it. This is all about me and I'm not doing this for anyone else :smile:
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was a "like" feature on these boards. Here are some things I noticed:

-My recovery time on the treadmill is now 45 sec-1 min.
    - Can't really wear any of my rings anymore for fear of losing them.
    - I'm cold quite frequently when I go into restaurants and stores.
    - Bruising. I've noticed I bruise way more easily, especially on my legs which are somewhat muscular. I even had a physical done to make sure I wasn't anemic or anything. Nope, just less cushion.
    - I had to convince myself that I was actually the current pants size that I am, and it wasn't just a fluke pair of pants that told me that. Every pair in the current size fits!
    - Went down one shoe size.
    - Eating indulgent food now makes me feel pretty gross afterwards, so it's easy to stay on track.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    My muscle strength surprises me. I sneezed while lying down and my abs contracted so hard that I manage to knee myself in my girls!

Umm...sorry, but that's hilarious!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    My muscle strength surprises me. I sneezed while lying down and my abs contracted so hard that I manage to knee myself in my girls!

OMG!!!! That made me seriously laugh . . .
  • jeffryturnbow
    jeffryturnbow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can breathe! I'm a musician and have to set up my effects on the floor. Usually it takes 15 minutes or so on my knees..sweating, panting, red faced. The other day I noticed that I was hooking my gear up, but not on my knees. I was squating. And I could still catch a breath. And my face wasn't red. That made my week!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    I have to sleep. . . flatter. I used to need neck support, now I get buy with a really thin/small pillow. It's like I had to relearn how to lay down comfortably. Also I can button the top button of my dress shirts now. Sleeves are always too dang short, though.

This.^^ I have always slept with at least two pillows. Then I went down to one. Now I find myself tossing the pillow during the night and laying flat which helps me sleep better. I just have to remember that at the start because I end up waking up just to toss the pillow.
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    texasf1ght wrote: »
    I really wish there was a "like" feature on these boards. Here are some things I noticed:

-My recovery time on the treadmill is now 45 sec-1 min.
    - I'm cold quite frequently when I go into restaurants and stores.
    - Bruising. I've noticed I bruise way more easily, especially on my legs which are somewhat muscular. I even had a physical done to make sure I wasn't anemic or anything. Nope, just less cushion.
    - I had to convince myself that I was actually the current pants size that I am, and it wasn't just a fluke pair of pants that told me that. Every pair in the current size fits!

All of these things for me!! Also, I even feel like the scale is lying to me... its so strange!

• veroden
    veroden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I cross my arms A LOT over my chest/ or stomach when I am standing. It used to be very uncomfortable and hard to do when I was 100 lbs heavier. Now I do it all the time because it is comfortable and feels natural now.
  • LotusFlwr2013
    LotusFlwr2013 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    1) My thermostat last year, summer, was on 67... now its on 76... anything below 75 and I am freezing

2) I only sweat when I work out instead from simply walking a couple miles downtown

3) Heels, they feel great

4) My back pain is pretty much gone... it was really hard after corrective surgery to get going because everything still caused back pain...I literally slept on the floor 5 days a week to help keep it in check.... but as I pushed through the pain to walk and the weight started to drop the pain lessened... then when I started to drop weight I added core workout the pain all but subsided...

5) When I sleep on my side my arm on the bed lays flat... I used to have so much fat on my arms that half of it would literally be inches off the bed

6) I no longer hate photos... I still don't love them but I don't cringe when I see them posted by others on facebook... instead now I think 'oh that was fun' and am not embarrassed to 'like' the picture or accept the tag

Starting weight: 287
    Current weight: 239
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!