Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    salynch50 wrote: »
    There is one item we don't like to talk about and that is being able to wipe yourself properly after going to the loo.
    I always thought I wiped fairly well, but I always had skidmarks, so that obviously wasn't so. Now, skidmarks are pretty much non-existant for me! Good thing I've always done my own laundry!
  • fearnsey71
    fearnsey71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There is one item we don't like to talk about and that is being able to wipe yourself properly after going to the loo.
    I always thought I wiped fairly well, but I always had skidmarks, so that obviously wasn't so. Now, skidmarks are pretty much non-existant for me! Good thing I've always done my own laundry!

Dude - TMI ;)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is easy to remove now; haven't been able to do that since soon after we got married 20 years ago. I also notice that my feet don't hurt after wearing my favorite shoes for a day (PF Flyers!!)
  • TheSunshineQueen
    TheSunshineQueen Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    fearnsey71 wrote: »

Dude - TMI ;)

LMFAO :bawling:
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    In the past, I never understood all the hubbub about shaving. All those men's razors - never got the deal with rotating balls and flexy heads, etc. My face was like a wet beach ball... easy to shave! I get it now though! Haha.
  • enriquezmar
    enriquezmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    KevannC wrote: »
    Maybe tmi LOL but for the guys... I've lost 85 so far and the weiner is more revealed hahahhahahaha

YUP. Lost 70 lbs so far (60 since joining MFP), I can attest that this man speaks the truth.
    A welcomed NSV for sure. LOL
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Maybe tmi LOL but for the guys... I've lost 85 so far and the weiner is more revealed hahahhahahaha
    YUP. Lost 70 lbs so far (60 since joining MFP), I can attest that this man speaks the truth.

I just thought my hands were shrinking! (good to know)
  • SallyRamona
    SallyRamona Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How about horseback riding? Or kayaking? Or canoeing? Or hoola hooping? Or dance? Or circus arts? Those are a few from my list of things to keep me in goals to work toward.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    How weird it is to look at your arms and see that they are smaller (for the first time ever in my life, and it gets me every time!)

That my breasts would actually get perkier. I thought they were gone for good after nursing two kids, but I guess with less weight to drag them down...

That the hot weather is nice because I'm not cold anymore, but I also feel a lot more fatigued in it
  • twhitecotton32
    twhitecotton32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MarlaVSings
    MarlaVSings Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I noticed my voice is changing. It was more high-pitched when I was heavier, but I noticed a few days ago that my voice has gotten deeper, and lately I use my diaphragm more than my throat when speaking (if that makes sense).

I only weigh myself every 12 weeks, but at last check in I've lost 20lbs. I'm wondering if maybe losing fat opened up space for me to use my abdomen more when I'm speaking.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I noticed my voice is changing. It was more high-pitched when I was heavier, but I noticed a few days ago that my voice has gotten deeper, and lately I use my diaphragm more than my throat when speaking (if that makes sense).

I only weigh myself every 12 weeks, but at last check in I've lost 20lbs. I'm wondering if maybe losing fat opened up space for me to use my abdomen more when I'm speaking.

I think that makes sense...general breathing is eased, snoring abates, etc with weight loss, so it would stand to reason that your voice would be fuller and resonate better

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options

That was fuuuuunnn-ny!

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Best response ever!!!
  • kitjos
    kitjos Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    v_cowley wrote: »
    This one made me cry. When my husband of 18 years picked me up for the first time. I'll never forget it. : )

I still have such a long way to go but I can safely say that this is a big goal of mine too! Lovely :)
    This thread is fantastic. It doesn't matter whether thie points are good or bad, I look forward to it all!
    I would like to lose 100lb overall, 22lb down so far!

This is also my goal :). That must of been a special moment for you - no wonder it brings a tear to your eye. Last time my husband picked me up was a few years back when I lost alot of weight - two children later I'm 35lb heavier and trying to reach that weight again.

Inspiring thread xx
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    aripley wrote: »
    I might be imagining it, but it seems like the veins in my arms and legs, and especially in my hands and feet, are more visible. Anyone else experience this?

i do! i always look at my hands since i noticed it. it looks great i haven't seen that on me ever lol
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Double post
  • LionessWhispers
    LionessWhispers Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    woodybush wrote: »
    When I lie in bed on my side and my knees are so boney against each other... so uncomfortable!! Had to start sleeping with a pillow between my legs

@woodybush I found a tolerable position when the upper-leg's knee rests on the bottom-leg's calf and the calf bone crosses the lower-leg's foot right by the ankle - You have to fiddle with the right angles, but it'll click after a while :smile:

Freaky... I'm lying exactly how you describe right now... :worried:
  • Ladymiko
    Ladymiko Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm down 45 lbs with 95 left to go, but right now the big things I notice:

I am cold all the freaking time....and it's summer right now....
    I no longer have excruciating pain in my lower back, knees or feet. I actually have no pain at all for that matter, not even a little bit. I feel like I'm walking on clouds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!