Unexpected results of weight loss

Replies

• ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    The heat is not bothering me nearly as much as it used to. (New Orleans and it has been in the 90s for a few weeks now.)
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    DaveAkeman wrote: »
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I had more friends when I was obese. feeling lonely.

I hear ya.

I don't get this one. Why?

I used to go out on weekends with my girls and now They call and ask what are you wearing? I'm going to feel so fat if I go out with you. I cant go out with you bc you make me feel so bad about my weight.
    That was one of my best girls.

Other ppl, comment on how I'm going to blow away or attempt to not share appetizers...note I said attempt. Um we are sharing! They say nooo you know you cant eat this bc of your diet. I'm not on a diet, can I haz chicken wings plz.

You know the saying Birds of a feather flock together....well I seem to be kicked out of the group.

I wish I had fit friends who understood the lifestyle and arent envious of the hard work and dedication I've put in.

the only ppl I have is my family and even one of my sisters has said some off things to me about my body.

While this may not be your expereience, it is mine. I had a small circle of friends to begin with. it is even smaller now.

That really sucks! But I guess it shows who your true friends are. As well as getting to know fellow gym bunnies, you could also try joining a sports club or running/walking/cycling group to meet active people who share your lifestyle. Maybe pretend like you are new in town (well, the new you IS new in town!) and think about what you would do and how you would meet people? I'm sure you will find your new crew soon enough who will support you rather than making you feel guilty for improving your health! And in the mean time there's always virtual support on MFP :)
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    I've noticed that I use less paper towels to dry my hands now in an public restroom. I used to use 3 or 4 and now two are a plenty. Also, my ring is too big for my finger.. its even too big for my middle finger. Guess my hands are getting smaller =)
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    We are getting ready to move across the country, while I finished up a school year, and am job hunting. I realized today that a major win for my weight loss is that I am learning how to deal with stress better. Instead of eating or drinking my feelings I am being super active and productive. Plus, working out regularly alone seems to help stress levels go down too.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    We are getting ready to move across the country, while I finished up a school year, and am job hunting. I realized today that a major win for my weight loss is that I am learning how to deal with stress better. Instead of eating or drinking my feelings I am being super active and productive. Plus, working out regularly alone seems to help stress levels go down too.

This!

I am down 35 pounds (of 170ish) and I am already noticing I don't stess eat like I used to.
  • renab35
    renab35 Posts: 3 Member
    davis_em wrote: »
    Lack of thigh rub was a huge one for me. I actually like wearing dresses now. LOL!
    Another is how much I'm freezing all the darn time.
    And how much I love physical exercise
    And how incredibly grumpy I get if I don't get my exercise in.

And for the TMI - I have endometriosis. The pain during my periods was insane, but now that I'm normal weight, the pain is gone.

I have been recently diagnosed with the endometriosis. I was aware of the fibroids. I just had a myomectomy to remove the fibroids. Your post is a confirmation of the faith that I 'm trusting God for...relief of the horrible menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding. I am ready for a lifestyle change which includes healthy eating and exercise.
  • renab35
    renab35 Posts: 3 Member
    Ooci wrote: »
    Oh so many, what a lovely idea for a thread!
    • No more surgery for endometriosis ( I hope! Last scan showed a reduction in my left endometrioma to way below the size at which they cut them out - good news as this disease has seen me in terrible pain and having major ops!
      • No more hives
      • No more angiodema
      • No more anaemia (the theory behind all this by the way is that excess fat leads to an over production of oestrogen which causes these sorts of heavy period and endometriosis and immune response probs)
      • No more chub rub! No more raw thighs!
      • No more cracked heels!
      • No more asthma!
      • Amazing, increased energy
      • Men flirt with me again!!!!! I really thought I was beyond ever being sexually attract

I have been recently diagnosed with the endometriosis. I was aware of the fibroids. I just had a myomectomy to remove the fibroids. Your post is a confirmation of the faith that I 'm trusting God for...relief of the horrible menstrual cramps and heavy bleeding. I am ready for a lifestyle change which includes healthy eating and exercise.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    I've noticed lately that I like not wearing socks as often. Used to I felt very uncomfortable without socks on, especially while sleeping, and now I've stopped wearing socks to bed, and find myself going sockless quite often while I'm home. It's definitely a strange result!
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    WTG! I used to wear socks to add support for my plantar facitis but recently I've noticed no for pain in the morning (a common symptom)!!

rayw89 wrote: »
    I've noticed lately that I like not wearing socks as often. Used to I felt very uncomfortable without socks on, especially while sleeping, and now I've stopped wearing socks to bed, and find myself going sockless quite often while I'm home. It's definitely a strange result!

• mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    I've moved on from doing press-ups on my knees to being able to do them on my toes! I feel SO much stronger!

WoooooHooooo!!!!!! I haven't reached this goal - I Can and I Will! Never give up -
  • heathergetshealthier
    heathergetshealthier Posts: 28 Member
    I feel great about myself and my mood has improved (just wrote a blog post about it!). http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/heathergetshealthier/view/on-healthy-minds-and-bodies-and-timing-750496
  • moltobella
    moltobella Posts: 37 Member
    The heat is not bothering me nearly as much as it used to. (New Orleans and it has been in the 90s for a few weeks now.)

I agree! I'm in Houston and I'm ok because now I can wear sleeveless without feeling embarrassed.
  • salynch50
    salynch50 Posts: 7 Member
    My thighs have definitely changed. They feel much much firmer on the outside and the flabby inner bit has shrunk! My calves, which were ginormous, also look a lot slimmer to me.

I'm also still struggling to get my brain to catch up! My sizing hasn't changed drastically yet - I've dropped to a 14 from an 18 in tops, but trousers I'm still in 18s, though they're getting looser as time goes by. I'll really feel the difference once I drop to a 16 and then a 14 in trousers. I do wish my tummy would shrink more but it seems to be coming off my boobs, face and legs most of all.

• DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    salynch50 wrote: »
    There is one item we don't like to talk about and that is being able to wipe yourself properly after going to the loo.

Yes! (Actually one of the things that made me decide that it was TIME TO CHANGE!)
  • slhass10
    slhass10 Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you all so much for the posts!! I am just getting started again and I was so engrossed in this tread I added an extra ten minutes to my bike time tonight so I could finish the page I was on :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    That you may not recognize yourself. I was at a cookout on Saturday and the hostess was taking pictures. She was showing them later that evening and when I looked at a picture of me, my husband and the host I actually said "Who's that?". LOL
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    I don't hear my body "clapping" when I run up the stairs anymore! :#

I can't wait for this to happen to me ! When I'm doing jump squats at the gym I
    Hear my belly clap down , I do find it funny but it is embarrassing
  • emmaps55
    emmaps55 Posts: 54 Member
    I realized the other day that I'm no longer afraid -- when I go out walking in the neighborhood -- that someone will yell something rude at me. Now I smile at people and they smile at me. I have lost 25 lbs since March -- feel like I am a "more normal overweight" for my height (still "obese", but only 20+ lbs to go till "overweight")
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    wow congrats everyone. these were all so amazing.
    i'm only 6lbs down so far. (tho people tell me i look like i lost more, could be because im gaining muscle as well idk) i went to take a selfie and i realized my double chin is almost gone. my bf was telling me the other day that my face looks so much thinner but i didnt believe him until that pic.

NEXT UP! LOSE THAT DOUBLE ARM ROLL! if i can lose that i will be wearing sleeveless shirts proudly :wink:
    it will make summer much more tolerable
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!