Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• LSUPHI
    LSUPHI Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My love handle are slimming down so I am way more comfortable when I sleep or lay on my side. I used to wake up with back aches from sleeping in odd positions due to my weight.
  • stephdaniels2
    stephdaniels2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think I have to change careers. I sit at a computer for my job and I have so much energy now I can no longer stand to sit this long. It's become torture to be inactive whereas before I was always too tired to move.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I think I have to change careers. I sit at a computer for my job and I have so much energy now I can no longer stand to sit this long. It's become torture to be inactive whereas before I was always too tired to move.

I have this issue also. Someone told my boss that they didn't think I was happy with my job and that they thought I was looking for something new. I have not started to look for something new, but it's true that I am not happy with my job. She asked why...I straight up told her that it was all because of the changes in me and that sitting behind a desk all day is driving me crazy. It hasn't made me look yet, but it's a battle every day!
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »
    I am enamoured with my collar bones! Literally they give me a huge smile every time I catch a glimpse of them!
    I too find I have tons more energy

Collar bones are my dream :) One day. One day. I promise you I will smile with you. Cheers :)

They are my favourite thing! I always envied friends collar bones, now I have my own. My mum mentioned them the other day "look at your salt cellars" she said. Who knew that was slang for the cavity above the collar bone.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The chains on my necklaces have somehow gotten longer.
  • Garyj321
    Garyj321 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sitting in booths at restaraunts again without touching the table top with my stomach was eye opening, and a very good feeling.
  • shellygw
    shellygw Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feeling more comfortable going to sporting events, expos, and even shopping, because I know I can walk it without holding everyone else up.

It's so nice to not have to ask for a table just so I would have room to sit.

Wearing pretty shoes again without my feet hurting all day/night.

With some of the compliments I've received and the amount I've lost, I just thought I'd notice in the mirror more by now.

I know I have a long ways to go (only about a 1/3 of the way to my goal) but knowing that if I feel this much better already, goal is going to make me feel like a new woman.

• 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    People who now are bigger than me, lecturing me on weight loss and how to do it, when I've lost 78lbs. I think I have it sussed already :-). Or people who've obviously put on weight, telling me they've lost a stone since they last saw me. You can't fool a previously fat person.

I wonder why ppl do that? I mean is the purpose of it to put someone down or to boost themselves up? I hope I never do that, I can't imagine ...perhaps they don't realize how it sounds? Just pondering I guess... :)

@fattothinmum Fantastic job on losing 78#!! I'm loving this thread...so much fun to read and hear about all the changes everyone is enjoying!

This! Or worse still, when people tell you it's about time you stopped losing weight because you looked better with some "meat on your bones". Please, after losing almost 90lbs, don't tell me I'm fine now. I don't recall telling you that you're obese and maybe you should lose weight. The only person who knows my body is me. It's taken me 42 years but finally I too have it sussed xx
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I get a cold draft up my winter coat, because my belly doesn't block the air anymore. The coat touches boobs and then nothing else in the front.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,242 Member
    Options
    I'm running my washing machine more often on "small" or "medium" load settings, for kinds of things that used to require "medium" or "large". These newer tiny li'l clothes just don't take up as much washer space.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    The chains on my necklaces have somehow gotten longer.

;) Funny how that happens isn't it...pretty cool actually. :)
  • natmmeyer
    natmmeyer Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Knee clanking, definitely. I sleep with a body pillow now!
    Not having to spread my cheeks before sitting on the toilet.... :)
    No bikini line rash
    Shaving my armpits is way harder
    Doubling yoga mats is now necessary
    Cheekbones :)
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Knee clanking, definitely. I sleep with a body pillow now!
    Not having to spread my cheeks before sitting on the toilet....

LOL, yes, this!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    MY flannel jammies are longer and so even warmer!! ;)
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold! ">.<
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!