Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• bonniebonbon
    bonniebonbon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been experiencing a lot of good changes like it's so much easier to stand from a sitting position, clothes fitting better, etc. Those things were expected and the only thing that I am really surprised about after an almost 40 lb. loss is how people, close and casual acquaintances, acknowledge or ignore my progress. Some of the people that I consider close (family, friends and co-workers I interact with every day) are reluctant to mention and/or encourage my success so far. Some I think are truly just not very observant (like my dad) and just haven't noticed, and some I know have noticed but acknowledge it indirectly by saying stuff like 'so and so looks like they are losing weight too...' and that's it. I like to let people know when I see any kind of positive change because encouragement is so helpful. It's even more surprising when casual acquaintances are happy to share with me that they've noticed and freely give encouragement. Just seems like the closest people would be the most helpful.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Realizing that my weight actually matches the number on my driver license :#

THIS! Yes!!! I am 25 pounds away from my number and I seriously can NOT WAIT until the scale matches mine! Woot!

Really love this!!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    My knees no longer hurt walking down stairs first thing in the morning. Oh, and I ran for TWO buses last night with my daughter without even thinking about it. Even tho we missed BOTH buses I was still smiling!
  • KareninLux
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Good: No more chafing legs. Bad: Loose skin.

For my rings I bought this stuff from a jeweler online, it's kind of like thinner rubber cement in a tiny applicator tube. You clean the ring with alcohol then apply it in a layer on the inside of the ring, wait at least 24 hours, then wear the ring. Lasts a long time, works great, now I don't have to try and come up with money to get my wedding ring resized!

Any idea what this product is called? I need this!

Me, too!
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yvonnie16 wrote: »
    One day, I will post in this thread that my pants fell off ;) Its going down, Am going timbaaa, lets make a move :)

Congratulations to everyone with problems of positive kind. Cheers :)

This is an awesome feeling. . . . unless you're in the middle of Zumba. . . . :s

AngelFire :) LOL. Meantime I am looking for friends who are also on the other side of the bridge. I made friends who are with me. But I also need to make friends who made it.

Succesful folks, please friend me? I will send requests. Thank you. CHEERS :)
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am enamoured with my collar bones! Literally they give me a huge smile every time I catch a glimpse of them!
    I too find I have tons more energy

Collar bones are my dream :) One day. One day. I promise you I will smile with you. Cheers :)
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    My work out pants have gotten too big. In some ways this is a victory as it means I don't feel like I have to pack them when I move on Friday, but they are also very expensive! and I don't want to replace 3 pairs all at once. One pair is so bad i had to haul them up every 5m in a gym class last week
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I've been skinny before, and lost this weight before, so I remember all that carefree energy and positive mood I used to have--climbing stairs, feeling good, loving clothes...So I've lost 13 lbs so far this time and my heartburn has really gone down already, I feel like moving! I'm using a habit tracker and I have to -subtract points when I take the elevator instead of the stairs--no points removed this year! And it's slowly getting easier to take the stairs again. Huzzah!
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    20lb lost. My eyes look too big for my face!
  • aubned92
    aubned92 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My work out pants have gotten too big. In some ways this is a victory as it means I don't feel like I have to pack them when I move on Friday, but they are also very expensive! and I don't want to replace 3 pairs all at once. One pair is so bad i had to haul them up every 5m in a gym class last week

I can totally relate.... I think I burn calories just from pulling up my pants all day. Lol
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just had to buy new mid-layer pants for skiing. The old ones were XL and drawstring but when I cinched them up my new ski pants wouldn't button. At least I found them on a good sale--and in Medium!
  • josullivan2000
    josullivan2000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Being cold all the time, sit ups painful on my tail bone because my *kitten* is gone!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »

For my rings I bought this stuff from a jeweler online, it's kind of like thinner rubber cement in a tiny applicator tube. You clean the ring with alcohol then apply it in a layer on the inside of the ring, wait at least 24 hours, then wear the ring. Lasts a long time, works great, now I don't have to try and come up with money to get my wedding ring resized!
    Any idea what this product is called? I need this!
    [/quote]

This looks like the stuff :)

http://www.amazon.com/Comfees-38-440-Cushion-Solution-Earrings/dp/B00291A3QO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    30 down and 66 to go.

Sitting on the ground or floor with my legs straight out in front of me and being comfortable! I can even lean forward. And when I look down I am constantly surprised that I see my thighs. For a while I would look down and wonder where my stomach went.

Being able to get up on my 15.3 hand horse from the ground. No longer worrying about getting off of her while out on the trails where there are no mounting blocks.

I displace a lot less water when get in the jacuzzi, more of me is under water and getting out of the tub is easier.

Not being as self conscious in my all white gi.

I don't sweat nearly as much when working out at the dojo but ca do a lot more repetitions of being thrown and getting up faster and not even breathing very hard. :)

My knees don't hurt nearly as much as they did last winter.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I've been sitting on a hard chair all day and my bum really hurts, I can feel bones against the seat! I often sit with a foot/leg crossed under me and the combination of hard chair, ankle bone and bum bone (?!?!) all crashing together has been seriously uncomfy.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've lost roughly fifteen pounds, and even though I haven't done anything different with my hair or makeup, I keep getting compliments on how much better they've been looking lately. It must all be coming off my face, lol.
  • healthyme2000
    healthyme2000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I actually asked my doctor about a lump in the middle of my chest. Who knew I had a STERNUM??? LOL

hilarious!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Being cold often. With my heat up to 85. It also doesn't help that my master bedroom is poorly insulated with 20ft ceilings and the doors leading out to the balcony have a bit of a draft so it's the coldest place in my home, yet the place I prefer to spend the most time curled up in.

More looks/flirtation and date offers from the opposite sex.
    My dunlap is much smaller which is making my pants and yoga pants fit much better.
    Craving the gym when you've missed more than 2-3 days in a row.
    Not quite liking the taste of processed food.
    TMI but my fupa is shrinking, lmao.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!