Great new video which shows REAL women training!

Options
anadoesit
anadoesit Posts: 442 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
#A new ad to promote exercise in UK.

Watch "This Girl Can: Full Film" on YouTube - This Girl Can: Full Film: http://youtu.be/aN7lt0CYwHg

Explanation of the video from UK Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11334935/This-Girl-Can-advert-Scared-of-working-out-Watch-this.html

This Girl Can (and the hashtag #thisgirlcan on Twitter) is the name of a campaign set up by Sport England, the government agency for grassroots sport, to boost the number of women doing exercise.

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My god that video is awesome.
  • anadoesit
    Options
    My god that video is awesome.

I know! I've an appointment after work so can't train today but this makes me want to get my sweat on NOW!!

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Love it, really inspiring.
  • anadoesit
    Options
    I watched it again and I'm totally pumped. Looked outside. It's hailing and horizontal rain. Welcome to Ireland! Blah!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Interesting video.
  • mangrothian
    Options
    anadoesit wrote: »
    I watched it again and I'm totally pumped. Looked outside. It's hailing and horizontal rain. Welcome to Ireland! Blah!

Melbourne is the same, just without the hail. I think I'll be working out in the office gym instead of the park again. I'll definitely watch the vid again beforehand though!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    OP please explain the use of the word "REAL" in your title.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like this.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    This. I hate it when people say that. Woman are different but they are all REAL. Tiny ones big ones, in between ones. Whatever.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

This.

Are you saying that the women in all other videos are actually men, or robots?

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options

I'm thinking she meant that it shows women actually sweating when they exercise. A lot of adds don't do that. Either that or... some women aren't real. They're figments of your imagination. I'm betting the first though.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

I believe she means women who look like real people who sweat and have jiggly fat and whose makeup smears as opposed to perfect, flawless models.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    What does it look like when fake women train?
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    But none of them are lifting :disappointed:
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Oh these comments are horrible. Yes all women are real even the fitness models, we get it. OP is talking about these women being from the status quo, they're not models and they relate closer the majority of members on MFP than any Nike fitness model ever will.

People picking on the title of the post rather than appreciating the ingenuity of the video is just silly.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options

I believe she means women who look like real people who sweat and have jiggly fat and whose makeup smears as opposed to perfect, flawless models.

This. Great ad showing 'real' life people exactly as they are without editing out the jiggly fat etc

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

This. Great ad showing 'real' life people exactly as they are without editing out the jiggly fat etc

Are you saying that models aren't real women?
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Oh these comments are horrible. Yes all women are real even the fitness models, we get it. OP is talking about these women being from the status quo, they're not models and they relate closer the majority of members on MFP than any Nike fitness model ever will.

People picking on the title of the post rather than appreciating the ingenuity of the video is just silly.

This. Splitting hairs just to pick a fight. It's tiresome.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I hate that expression "real" life people.

you know models are real life people to- just a lot tinier- and probably more food issues. LOL
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Semantics....

Certainly not models as depicted in magazines, photoshopped to the nth degree. But in context of the ad...they are endeavouring to encourage women to get out there play sport, exercise or just move more. Not likely to encourage their target audience with imagery of a perfect size 6 or 8 (not USA sizing) woman...with perfect hair, no sweat, perfect makeup.