Guy and Girl be "just friends"

Options
124»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    A grown man and a grown woman can really only be "just friends" if they are not sexually attracted to each other. Relationship status has nothing to do with it. Married/engaged people are horny, too.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Yes, come be my friend.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Most guys are like that, you are just honest about it.

I like how women buy the whole "he never thinks of me that way" trust me at one point or another he imagined making sweet sweet love to you. He just values the friendship too much to risk coming clean.

Sure, but as a human - you can totally want to do someone/something and not follow through on that desire.

It's a rare day that I leave my house and fail to see someone that I'd like to "do". But I don't.

Similarly, it's a rare day when I leave my house and don't want to smack someone. But I don't.

Guys and girls can certainly be friends. It's a bit insulting when it's suggested otherwise.

I get where you're coming from, but suppose you leave your house and see the same woman you'd like to "do" every single day. You interact with her, you get to know her, she clearly wants to do you as well. That's not quite the same thing as being friends with a woman who has no interest at all in seeing you naked.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hmm depends on the people. Some people cannot keep it platonic. Regardless if they are attracted to the person.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I get where you're coming from, but suppose you leave your house and see the same woman you'd like to "do" every single day. You interact with her, you get to know her, she clearly wants to do you as well. That's not quite the same thing as being friends with a woman who has no interest at all in seeing you naked.

There's still a line you just don't cross - assuming someone is married - otherwise - Woo hoo! FWB FTW!.

Maybe this isn't the best site to discuss willpower ;)

But otherwise, it's exactly like why I don't smack people, steal Porche's or eat entire carrot cakes - even though I want to (and obviously, they want me to as well). :)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I try very hard not to let that happen.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Me, yes.

Some people; no.

I often tend to have more close female than male friends.
    Some I've wanted more from and the feeling's not been reciprocated, some the other way around and plenty where we are 'just friends'. But then I seem to be naturally fairly picky in who I find attractive, which might help!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I will eventually try to sleep with a friend that is female. It might take 20 years, but I will. For me, I don't know that it's possible to truly just be friends. The facade of friendship will be there, and if you ask her, "we're just good friends", but if a situation arises, I will go for it.

It's kinda messed up though. Lol. But, I can't help it.

My guy friend is like you. I know if I ever gave him a chance he would. Lol
    My dog is like this.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I've had one male friend that I keep in regular phone contact with. Whenever he's in the area, my husband and I go out to dinner with him. We met as colleagues in the AF and have kept in contact ever since. We're both married, both have children and neither of us have any intentions for one another outside of friendship. It can happen but not every guy or girl can do it. Some people see romance or the like in places it doesn't exist just because someone of the opposite sex is involved.