Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Very little unless I'm doing HIIT.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A few years ago a study came out that showed that some Asian groups have more sweat glands and sweat more than other people. My BFF called me that night "did you see" she asked "the study on Asians?" I answered. I sweat more than any person I have ever met. I am also about 1/4 AmerInd, so that settled it for me. It's just genetics. Some people sweat more than other people.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Burghaus wrote: »
    About the heavier people not sweating. I have an unproven/untested theory. You really have to be in good shape to work a really good sweat. From my own experience, if I am out of shape, I wear out before I can get a really good sweat.

Nope. I was a heavy sweat-er when I first started working out at 300+ pounds. 60 pounds down, and far more fit than when I started, and I sweat just as heavily. It's highly dependant upon what I'm doing- lifting: decent sweat. Kickboxing: lots of sweat. PiYo: looks like I'm taking a shower.

It's possible that some heavier people give up before they have a chance to get too sweaty, but it's by no means universal. And some people are just sweatier than others, and I'm one of the lucky ones :/