Pole Fitness!

Options

Replies

• nikkystylist
    Options
  • kathrynahedrick
    kathrynahedrick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm very much obsessed with it :) been doing it a year and a half and absolutely love it. I generally go to between 3-5 classes per week, but I decided a couple of weeks ago to start cracking down on my eating habits and shed some fat (as I'm keen to get this muscle that *I know is there* to show).
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try this. Once my finances are better I am going to give it a go for sure.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Big props to ya'll.

That looks like it takes a lot of strength...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I went to open pole on Saturday, and the instructor showed us the reverse grab. We're supposed to go from the floater into the reverse grab. I couldn't get it to save my life. I'm hoping that on Tuesday, I'll be able to get it, but I can't seem to get my body in front of the pole.

I can do the floater without much thought now, which is great b/c 2 weeks ago when we first learned the move, I couldn't get enough strength in my bottom hand to get proper push off.

I'm crossing my fingers that Tuesday will be a better day for that move.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    This is the move I'm trying to master. The floater is easy, but the transition is kicking my butt.
    poledancedictionary.com/moves/246/floater-transition/

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here...
    http://youtu.be/nKfFWcLCLJw

I love this guy.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Oh oh AND THIS

http://youtu.be/bbB2hiqn3sA

Pole dancing is frikking cool.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for about 9 years, I taught for 5 but no longer have the time. I just bought a platinum stages pole for the yard which brings our pole total for the house to 3 :)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here...
    http://youtu.be/nKfFWcLCLJw

I love this guy.
    Jajajjajaa

• Jennloella
    Options
    So happy to see all of you pole peeps!!! How do you put your pole workout into this app as exercise?

I tried to wear a HRM but as you can imagine it didn't read well, I use numbers similar to what my hrm gives me during hiit workouts
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Oh oh AND THIS

http://youtu.be/bbB2hiqn3sA

Pole dancing is frikking cool.

Awesome vid. One day I'll be able to do that.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I've been doing it for about 9 years, I taught for 5 but no longer have the time. I just bought a platinum stages pole for the yard which brings our pole total for the house to 3 :)

So jealous!!! I'm trying to talk my sisters/roommates into letting me put 1 in the laundry room. I think in a couple of months, I might just buy it and put it up anyway.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    The two I have inside are x-poles, they're a piece of cake to take down and put up, mine stay up all the time but if you had to move them a couple times a week it wouldn't be a big deal...
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    The two I have inside are x-poles, they're a piece of cake to take down and put up, mine stay up all the time but if you had to move them a couple times a week it wouldn't be a big deal...

@Jennloella‌ Thanks for the feed back. I was looking at the platinum stages removable one b/c it's one piece, and it claims it doesn't need any screws. But thank you for the x-poles feedback. Are you able to remove them on your own?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded&v=eqzUI5t9qJ4&x-yt-cl=84503534

After him check out Emma Haslam doing her thing on Britain's Got Talent 2014.

Wow, she's awesome, the strength you all have to do this is incredibly inspiring and so artistic! I could watch it for hours. In fact I might go find some over on Youtube and do just that later. It's so beautiful to watch :)

Really enjoying this thread! Any of you doing Pole Fitness have knee issues? I'd love to think I could do this one day..always wanted to but..my knees are a bit of an issue right now.

Hearts <3

• Jennloella
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

@Jennloella‌ Thanks for the feed back. I was looking at the platinum stages removable one b/c it's one piece, and it claims it doesn't need any screws. But thank you for the x-poles feedback. Are you able to remove them on your own?

Oh yeah, takes a minute. X-poles don't use screws either, my husband climbs them and can't pull them down, even the one I have in the family room with the extension to make it 12 feet. I like that they break down to fit into the bag. I've worn out the bearings on my gold titanium pole from using it on spinny modean and x-pole replaced them for free, their customer service is great. Platinum stages was nice when I ordered, but I haven't yet had cause to call them again... I've only had the stage a short time. need a pole by the pool ya know ;)
  • Jennloella
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded&v=eqzUI5t9qJ4&x-yt-cl=84503534

After him check out Emma Haslam doing her thing on Britain's Got Talent 2014.

Wow, she's awesome, the strength you all have to do this is incredibly inspiring and so artistic! I could watch it for hours. In fact I might go find some over on Youtube and do just that later. It's so beautiful to watch :)

Really enjoying this thread! Any of you doing Pole Fitness have knee issues? I'd love to think I could do this one day..always wanted to but..my knees are a bit of an issue right now.

Hearts <3

Check out alena downs on youtube, she's amazeballs.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    Most good poles have a static and spinny mode, with the removal/placement of a pin
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've seen some epic circus shows with guys doing pole stuff, looks so freakin cool!