Pole Fitness!

Options

Replies

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Most good poles have a static and spinny mode, with the removal/placement of a pin

Ah. My only experience with pole dancing is from a handful of visits to a gentleman's club in my misspent youth. The sound of skin squealing off of brass always sounded painful.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Most good poles have a static and spinny mode, with the removal/placement of a pin

Ah. My only experience with pole dancing is from a handful of visits to a gentleman's club in my misspent youth. The sound of skin squealing off of brass always sounded painful.

yikes. well cheap brass poles have their place I suppose.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I want to do this so bad lol but I work 1 full time and 2 part time jobs and I just... I'm busy and I'm broke so I just use the little gym that is part of our apartment complex, and walk during lunch break. If I ever get a little time and a few bux I will be all over it. I already have a zillion stripper shoes that I use for going clubbing. XD
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I'm just gonna leave this here...
    http://youtu.be/nKfFWcLCLJw

I love this guy.
    Jajajjajaa

ROTFL
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    The two I have inside are x-poles, they're a piece of cake to take down and put up, mine stay up all the time but if you had to move them a couple times a week it wouldn't be a big deal...

@Jennloella‌ Thanks for the feed back. I was looking at the platinum stages removable one b/c it's one piece, and it claims it doesn't need any screws. But thank you for the x-poles feedback. Are you able to remove them on your own?

Oh yeah, takes a minute. X-poles don't use screws either, my husband climbs them and can't pull them down, even the one I have in the family room with the extension to make it 12 feet. I like that they break down to fit into the bag. I've worn out the bearings on my gold titanium pole from using it on spinny modean and x-pole replaced them for free, their customer service is great. Platinum stages was nice when I ordered, but I haven't yet had cause to call them again... I've only had the stage a short time. need a pole by the pool ya know ;)

Thanks so much for the reviews! And a pool pole is absolutely necessary!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options

yikes. well cheap brass poles have their place I suppose.

All poles need a home.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options

Yes! I definitely want a static/spin pole.
  • nikkystylist
    Options
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    How are you involved in the sport?

I love pole fitness so much I married a stripper. So I would have to say I am involved on multiple aspects ranging from casual observer to dedicated enthusiasts.
  • Spritta1
    Options
    Hi, I'm a pole fitness athelete like most of you guys in here. I've been poling for almost three and a half years now and I just can't get enough. I even opened my own studio when the one I was teaching at got closed down.
    Right now I'm training for a competition in april, both nervous and excited. Trying to shave of a couple of pounds to make the lifts lighter for smoother transitions.
  • Bav67
    Bav67 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am fairly new to MyFitnessPal, I have used it on and off for about 18 months but only as a food diary.
    I do Pole Fit in Alice Springs in Australia and love it. I started just over 12 months ago and do anywhere from 1 to 4 classes a week as well as 1 or 2 stretch classes too.
  • nikkystylist
    Options
    That is great! Have you heard of Cleo the Hurricane? She is a pole super star from Australia and she is fabulous! Google her if you don't know who she is!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this but for me the hardest part is walking in the door! I just moved to a new state so I don't have any friends I can drag with me so I'd have to go by myself. Is it really awkward at first? Are there all different ages that do it?
  • Princess_in_training84
    Options
    i would love to do this but how could i improve my upper body strength in preparation as i dont really have much at the moment
  • mini9184
    mini9184 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I also use pole fitness as my main activity, at my school they also do a twice weekly TRX on pole session, which is awesome for strengh building (feeling last night's session in my *kitten* right now), and i add a 30/40min jog twice a week for cardio because pole doesn't have enough cardio in my opinion. I obviously do not look like a pole star but I have to say for my weight I am pretty strong and toned, which i absolutely love :-)
    Additionaly i give beginner private lessons at home on my own pole, has double bonus of giving me a small extra workout and pays for my own intermediate/advanced lessons
  • Jennloella
    Options
    alpine1994 wrote: »
    I would love to try this but for me the hardest part is walking in the door! I just moved to a new state so I don't have any friends I can drag with me so I'd have to go by myself. Is it really awkward at first? Are there all different ages that do it?

all different ages and shapes! you'll be surprised!
  • Jennloella
    Options
    i would love to do this but how could i improve my upper body strength in preparation as i dont really have much at the moment
    I've found the best exercise to build the muscles for pole dancing is....pole dancing. just like pushups make your pushups better....you might not climb on your first day but you can certainly spin around it, and that will begin to work your back and shoulders, muscles you didn't even know you had!

• brittanyg820
    brittanyg820 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just bought my first pole! I am so excited to get started. Feel free to add me as I am a beginner and need more pole fitness friends! <3
  • Chokato
    Chokato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Looking for more pole friends! Instructor here, teach at a university so things are a little slow over the summer, need some motivation!
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of this before, my head went straight to the gutter when I saw this thread.