WATER

Hello, Im trying to get in my 8 glasses of water everyday but every time I do Im peeing ALL day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idk what to do! I was told thats good, any advice? Thank you

Replies

• CatJill86
    CatJill86 Posts: 35 Member
    Going at least 5-6 times a day at work
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    i drink a glass every hour for at least 10 hours per day and i have to pee every hour. no way around it that i have found. :s
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Your body is working as it should.

*High five*
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    What most things don't tell you is that you do get some of that 8 glasses into your diet from food, other drinks etc; AND there are so many other variables to consider as well.

Drink enough so that your (sorry for the visual) urine is very pale/almost colourless. If you cut back and your urine starts to get a bit dark, you need to readjust...
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Thats a good thing.....and think every time you walk to the bathroom you will be going towards 10,000 steps a day! GO YOU!!x
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I guess I have a similar question. It's cold and I don't really feel like drinking a lot of water except if I exercise heavily. However, I have been drinking lots of tea -- either green or herbal. Does that count toward my water intake?
  • La5Vega5Girl
    rosebette wrote: »
    I guess I have a similar question. It's cold and I don't really feel like drinking a lot of water except if I exercise heavily. However, I have been drinking lots of tea -- either green or herbal. Does that count toward my water intake?

i will personally log tea as water IF i do not sweeten it. if it's sweet tea, then i don't count it as water. also, FWIW, i hate cold water (even in summer) so i drink my water either room temp or slightly warm. try that if you're trying to get in more cups per day :smile:

• cityruss

i will personally log tea as water IF i do not sweeten it. if it's sweet tea, then i don't count it as water. also, FWIW, i hate cold water (even in summer) so i drink my water either room temp or slightly warm. try that if you're trying to get in more cups per day :smile:

Is there a particular reason why you do this?

Fluid is fluid is fluid. Your body absorbs it all in the same way.

Tap water, bottled water, coffee, tea, fruit juice, broth, vegetable juice, mud, sports drinks, milk, watermelon (90 percent or more water by weight), wine, beer all increase your daily fluid intake.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    cityruss wrote: »

Tap water, bottled water, coffee, tea, fruit juice, broth, vegetable juice, mud, sports drinks, milk, watermelon (90 percent or more water by weight), wine, beer all increase your daily fluid intake.

my reasoning is that right now, i am taking several medications which require ALOT of water. i was instructed to take my meds with water only (no juice or soda, etc.) and to drink 12 cups of water per day total. if i have sweet tea (which is rare) then i consider it to be a "treat" and not part of my 12 cups per day. a cup of unsweet hot tea is mostly just water with tea leaves floating in it, so i count it as water. wine dehydrates, as does caffeine, so even though the difference might be negligible as to how much hydration you get vs. dehydration, i prefer to keep count with "real" water. (by the way, i am not drinking juice or soda right now until i complete my meds routine in a few weeks.)

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    It's supposed to that. Otherwise you are gettng dehydrated. Your urine should be a light yellow color as a normal occurance. That takes at least 8 glassses of liquid a day.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    yes green tea, counts. But make sure you get the water in too. The other poster that stated check your urine, it should be colorless. If it is yellow drink more!

• cityruss

my reasoning is that right now, i am taking several medications which require ALOT of water. i was instructed to take my meds with water only (no juice or soda, etc.) and to drink 12 cups of water per day total. if i have sweet tea (which is rare) then i consider it to be a "treat" and not part of my 12 cups per day. a cup of unsweet hot tea is mostly just water with tea leaves floating in it, so i count it as water. wine dehydrates, as does caffeine, so even though the difference might be negligible as to how much hydration you get vs. dehydration, i prefer to keep count with "real" water. (by the way, i am not drinking juice or soda right now until i complete my meds routine in a few weeks.)

Fair enough.

On a general note I've always found it labeling it a "water" intake goal as opposed to a "fluid" intake goal misleading and encourages people to obsess over drinking cup after cup of plain water. I haven't drank a plain glass of water for years, and I haven't shriveled away yet.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Yes, drinking water will make you pee more. That's a good thing. And there's no changing it.
  • La5Vega5Girl

Fair enough.

On a general note I've always found it labeling it a "water" intake goal as opposed to a "fluid" intake goal misleading and encourages people to obsess over drinking cup after cup of plain water. I haven't drank a plain glass of water for years, and I haven't shriveled away yet.

i agree that fluids/liquids would be a better term but the hormones i take and some other meds require actual water. there are some meds that can't be taken with fruit juice (specifically grapefruit) as it impedes absorption, and pure plain water is oh-so-good for the body.

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    yes green tea, counts. But make sure you get the water in too. The other poster that stated check your urine, it should be colorless. If it is yellow drink more!
    Pale straw coloured is fine. Yes, you can count tea coffee, milk, soda and all fluids.
    If you add sugar to your tea and are actually counting water ( I don't bother, I know when I'm dehydrated), just click the water thingy and add the sugar to your diary.
    The whole point is hydration. You don't need to punish yourself.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    The average bladder has a capacity of 16 oz (though yours may be more or less), but your body will feel the urge to urinate once your bladder reaches half capacity. As a cup is 8 oz, you're likely going to get the urge to urinate with every cup of water you drink. That's healthy, so just go with it.

Also, it's a common misconception that your urine should be colourless; a pale straw or clear yellow appearance is ideal.
  • Cacheola
    Cacheola Posts: 50 Member
    CatJill86 wrote: »
    Hello, Im trying to get in my 8 glasses of water everyday but every time I do Im peeing ALL day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idk what to do! I was told thats good, any advice? Thank you

There's water in lots of things. If you're drinking 4 cups of coffee for breakfast, 2 teas for lunch, a pop for coffee break, and a beer after work, that all counts towards your water intake. Don't overdo water, listen to your body. If you're peeing more frequently than you think you should, you might consider seeing your doctor as well to rule out overactive bladder etc.
  • Cacheola
    Cacheola Posts: 50 Member
    One thing to note if you're a Chamomile tea drinker like many of you are. For me, it acts like a diuretic. If I have one before bed, I'm up several times.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/529139-can-chamomile-tea-work-as-a-diuretic/
  • CatJill86
    CatJill86 Posts: 35 Member
    Thank you everyone for all your responses, so if I drink 2 cups a day of black tea with a little sweetener in it that counts towards water intake? and what about my breakfast smoothies? They consist of spinach, collard greens, berries and a ton of water
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    I drink tons and yep same thing of course does not help I am older so my body not working like it use to. Worse when the weather is cold and if I have coffee in the morning