Ladies running without a shirt?

Options

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Only reason I don't is because I am too self conscious. You'd be wearing more cloths than half the females parading around in the malls and beaches so I say go for it =)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    yep, but then again i dont see why it's an issue women being topless on a city street same as a dude. and i see all kinds of guys i'd rather not see topless be topless.

was thinking the same thing. women should be allowed to be topless in the same locations men are. id imagine that initially it would cause a scene but with time it would hardly be reacted to.
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    (Full disclosure: I'm a guy. And HeidiMightyRa's comment is just about what I was thinking about a couple of comments I saw here from guys.) I used to live in FRamingham & work in Newton, and I know what you mean about Boston drivers! IMHO you should run in whatever makes you comfortable, **as long as you feel safe in it**. I know there are areas in Philly (where I live now) and Boston and NYC (where I grew up) where I suspect a woman would feel unsafe running in a sports bra.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I thought women already did that..... hahahahaha
    Didn't think it was an issue for the public, but more of an issue as to whether the woman wearing the sports bra was comfortable running in one with no shirt.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm always envious of women who have the confidence to run in sports bras, and I would totally do it if I was more confident and happy with my body. I say go for it! Especially considering that a main factor in the decision is your comfortability, besides, as others' have stated, men go without shirts all the time. There should be no difference with women, especially when sports bras can definitely cover more and be less provocative than bikinis.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no not appropriate
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My gym has a rule about covering sports bras, so I guess it matters to some people. I don't see the big deal.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep, but then again i dont see why it's an issue women being topless on a city street same as a dude. and i see all kinds of guys i'd rather not see topless be topless.

was thinking the same thing. women should be allowed to be topless in the same locations men are. id imagine that initially it would cause a scene but with time it would hardly be reacted to.

it's catching on :
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/42359/topless-women-in-public-not-breaking-the-law-says-nypd
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I used to wear sports bras all the time for dancing and even as part of my costume in performances. I think it's fine.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    It's okay if yer... er... hot.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You should wear a shirt for two reasons 1) sun protection and 2) pervert protection. I'm fairly large busted and run in the Moving Comfort Fiona which comes in lots of pretty colors but I've never seen women wear them alone. Last summer when I ran home from the park in 102 degree heat I peeled off my shirt half way up the last hill and arrived home like that. Boy, did I hear it from my husband!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I live in NH but every time I go down Storrow Dr when I visit Boston and its hot out, I always see women running like that. I don't see why anyone would have an issue with it. If you're comfortable, go for it. Today was brutal, it's still 85 degrees where I live
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You should wear a shirt for two reasons 1) sun protection and 2) pervert protection. I'm fairly large busted and run in the Moving Comfort Fiona which comes in lots of pretty colors but I've never seen women wear them alone. Last summer when I ran home from the park in 102 degree heat I peeled off my shirt half way up the last hill and arrived home like that. Boy, did I hear it from my husband!!
    let's be real here, there's nothing about a tshirt that makes you any safer. what's it going to do, fight off a potential attacker for you?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    let's be real here, there's nothing about a tshirt that makes you any safer. what's it going to do, fight off a potential attacker for you?

you dont understand...wearing a sports bra is "asking for it". according to some it seems...
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Dumb as it sounds...it's illegal in some places.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.
    I am Fit tho. I also Like it when I encounter other fit woman that are in them.
    Plus this heat is crazy, My T-shirts get soaked b4 Im at the top of the Hill.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    A sports bra is the norm around here also. I cannot wait for the day that I feel comfortable in one...way better than a baggy t-shirt any day. Go for it!

There is nothing wrong with running in a sports bra, but if youre uncomfortable throw a tech shirt over it, it may be cooler too.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.
    anyone that's out jogging is "fit" by my standards! doesn't matter what you look like, I can barely jog for more than 5 minutes myself!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.
    anyone that's out jogging is "fit" by my standards! doesn't matter what you look like, I can barely jog for more than 5 minutes myself!

Whats your point?
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you American folks, but here in Canada it's perfectly legal for women to go topless. Mind you, it's too darn cold most of the year for that to happen.