Food intolerances - spill 'em!

Options

Replies

• rajathwalharris
    Options
    all nuts, can't have any sort of dairy or cheese, no breads (white or whole wheat), no processed foods...type 1 diabetic, with mild kidney disease....so have to count all proteins, sodium intake daily and if I end up caving and having even a handful of chips or anything......I pay for it big time...not worth it but sometimes my diet gets to me....too bland.....there's no fun in working out and eating right and not getting to reward yourself from time to time....but oh well. :wink:
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    potatos, tomatoes,eggplant,onion,corn.wheat/gluten,msg. natural flavorings, pork,shell fish .anything aged cheese ,wine,vinagar, mushrooms.all dairy oats,citrius fruits,onion ,eggs. coffee tea, chocolate peas .lentils ... ect ect
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Crustaceans :sad:
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wheat. Non-celiac.

Unfortunately I love foods with wheat. But when I eat them I have to put up with IBS problems afterwards.
  • AndorZensko
    AndorZensko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PISTACHIOS and sadly they give me a very horrible stomach ache, no other nut does that and I like them all but really love those pistachios. But I guess it could be worse my daughter has an intolerance to dairy, I would have to cut out like half of my diet if I had that intolerance.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bananas!

I've never understood why... Since I was about three or four years old, they've given me terrible stomach cramps. My mother can't eat them either... I assume it's is somehow genetic but have not been able to find any scientific literature to support it!
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Garlic is the worst!! onions, anything spicy, greasy or fatty or creamy. Freshly baked anything :( discovered I get migraines from fresh baked rolls from the supermarket. chicken, sweetcorn. Chocolate and coca cola, these flare up my asthma.

So horrible when your body rejects things you would love but kinda helpful in a way too I guess haha.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    for some reason i was lactose intolerant for awhile, sometime back. and then now i'm not. i think i'm just trendy like that. :wink:
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    well i'm lactose intolerant, but red meats, breads/pasta/oats, and most seafood. I love all of those things, unfortunately.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter would be very devastating!

So far, I haven't had any issues with any food allergies or my stomach being upset except I cannot digest Hardees or Burger King.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to sweets - when I eat them, it turns into fat! ;)
  • dinamadden
    dinamadden Posts: 16
    Options
    try sunflower butter! it is for those with peanut allergies and it tastes almost exactly the same!
  • dinamadden
    dinamadden Posts: 16
    Options
    lactose - everything but yoghurt with cultures and cream makes me react.
    and soy products - soy milk and soy beans.
    worst of both worlds. :(
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Sugar substitutes do horrible things to me. Except for Stevia.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    seafood. the merest hint of it in a dish, even in an oil or splash of stock, and I throw up until there is nothing left in my stomach, then continue to throw up for another few days. can't even keep down water. my body thinks seafood is poisonous and goes out of it's way to rid itself of it.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    on and I developed puberty-onset intolerances to potato, tomato and dairy aged 12-14. Went on an elimination diet and then eventually worked them back in and now I can eat them just fine, but back in the day i'd get severe attacks of sinus pain, nosebleeds, and migraines from them.
  • kaylaodoms
    kaylaodoms Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, whole milk and bread
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Bananas!

I've never understood why... Since I was about three or four years old, they've given me terrible stomach cramps. My mother can't eat them either... I assume it's is somehow genetic but have not been able to find any scientific literature to support it!

Cooked or ripe bananas have always made me nauseous (never eaten banana cake - the smell makes me gag). I'm fine with unripe bananas though. My daughter will throw up if fed anything with banana in it. I'm assuming she inherited her intolerance from me but has taken it up a level.
  • kitsiekitty
    kitsiekitty Posts: 166
    Options
    DAIRY! Which kills me cause I love dairy in every form, from pure milk to yogurt. My stomach protests though. but these days its been getting better, and I can cook my oats in skimmed milk now. Still a bit scared to drink a pure glass of whole milk though, and that was something I used to do as a habit.

I wish I could be intolerant to celery. =.=
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are your intolerances diagnosed by a doctor or self? I'm struggling with an intolerance but cant tell what exactly or if its worth bothering a doctor with...any advice?