I run and workout but i cant seem to slim down any further

Options
Currently 160 5 11 and I run 8 miles per day and lift for about an hour a day 4-5 days a week.

When I started I was around 200 so I have obviously lost a lot but now it seems its come to a halt. My diet I believe was the issue which I am looking to fix but I don't know what to believe and everyone seems to be an expert.

In terms of "this change might be hard" or "its not sustainable" If its ideal I want to know about it. I can eat anything if It's going to work. To get to where I am I just stopped eating horribly and not exercising cold turkey and jumped right into it nonstop for a year and a half. If cardboard was the #1 superfood it would be all I would eat.... is what I am trying to say

Advice needed

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I am 5'11 and my Dr. said I should not go lower than around 155, I'd suspect you are close to where your body wants you to be.

Why do you feel that you need to lose more weight? Maybe some lifting to make what you have look better may be the choice for you, rather than just weight loss :)

edited: I see you do lift...so what is your goal at this point? I'd suspect you look amazing!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    What is your goal weight? Also, if you want advice on your diet, you will need to open your diary for people to look.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am your height. What is your caloric intake and macros?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    For your height, you are in a healthy weight range. See here: Height and Weight Chart

Your ticker shows you have only one pound to lose. That will come off slow due to you already being at a healthy weight.

You can exercise all you want, but if you don't eat less calories than you burn you will not lose weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you in a deficit?
  • thestruggles
    Options
    just started lifting. prev to me getting back in shape i basically had not left the house in many many years. I did nothing but play video games lol so my muscles were basically non existent. I can run a long time but not that strong just yet heh.

I suppose its possible that I need to put on more muscle but I still have a bit of fat in my lower stomach thats driving me crazy. I'm putting serious work into getting into the best shape I have ever been in but I just know what I am eating is no good
  • thestruggles
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    For your height, you are in a healthy weight range. See here: Height and Weight Chart

Your ticker shows you have only one pound to lose. That will come off slow due to you already being at a healthy weight.

You can exercise all you want, but if you don't eat less calories than you burn you will not lose weight.

Yeh I believe I have to be since I run a lot and go to the gym. What I was eating was 2 english muffins some egg whites and a glass of milk for breakfast. Apple and banana if we ever have any. Pasta for lunch sometimes otherwise it was turkey sandwich which was just turkey and whole wheat bread. I would eat grapes in between dinner and lunch sometimes. Dinner was just regular chicken breast and a glass of milk. I drink a lot of water.

The amount of bread I was eating bothers me and lack of greens I think is an issue. The most I ever dipped into veggies was with the chicken sometimes peppers and zucchini
  • thestruggles
    Options
    Nissi51 wrote: »
    I am your height. What is your caloric intake and macros?

not sure what a macro is lol. in my world its 1 button that does a series of commands.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Why are you running 8mi every day?
  • thestruggles
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    What is your goal weight? Also, if you want advice on your diet, you will need to open your diary for people to look.

I dont have a goal weight in fact I will probably put on weight the more im lifting my issues just I want to lose as much body fat as humanly possible so i can go to floyde mayweathers house and give him a thumbs down

I just want to be eating right and I mean REALLY right
  • thestruggles
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    Why not? I would run more if it wasn't so boring. Is this a bad thing?

• SLLRunner
    Options
    Well, 8 miles a day seems a bit excessive. Do you take rest days in between?
  • thestruggles
    thestruggles Posts: 15
    edited January 2015
    Options

I take 1 day off I didnt specify that. Honestly though I have been doing it for a year and a half now and I don't really get tired after. I kinda feel 8 isn't that extreme.

I am not an expert I just do what I believe to be 150 percent is or not at all so... if this is bad in any way I want to know why

Also I have no time limit on what I can put in work wise each day. So its not an issue
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I was told by my trainer to not run every day because of how straining it is on the body.

Now if you're a marathoner who is conditioned which I'm assuming you are at 8 miles a day, then have at it. Lol

• SLLRunner
    Options

I take 1 day off I didnt specify that. Honestly though I have been doing it for a year and a half now and I don't really get tired after. I kinda feel 8 isn't that extreme.

I am not an expert I just do what I believe to be 150 percent is or not at all so... if this is bad in any way I want to know why

Also I have no time limit on what I can put in work wise each day. So its not an issue

I'm not sure what you mean by the part you put in bold. Can you please clarify?
  • thestruggles
    Options

I was told by my trainer to not run every day because of how straining it is on the body.

Now if you're a marathoner who is conditioned which I'm assuming you are at 8 miles a day, then have at it. Lol

i am not actually Its just something i can do a lot of to burn calories right?
  • thestruggles
    Options

I meant i dont proclaim to be an expert in fitness I just think "i can run more therefore i should" that is my logic.

If i dont go to bed every day super tired and sore I kinda feel badly about it
  • thestruggles
    Options
    also it says im a 34 year old female... not sure why but i am a 27 year old male lol. + all women are men on the internet anyway so i assume it was assumed
  • SLLRunner
    Options

I meant i dont proclaim to be an expert in fitness I just think "i can run more therefore i should" that is my logic.

Read the bold parts above. It sounds like you have some disordered thoughts going on. I think you should speak with your doctor.

Exercise is supposed to be for health benefits, but overdoing it can have adverse affects.
  • thestruggles
    thestruggles Posts: 15
    edited January 2015
    Options

Read the bold parts above. It sounds like you have some disordered thoughts going on. I think you should speak with your doctor.

Exercise is supposed to be for health benefits, but overdoing it can have adverse affects.

ugh... you are reading into it too much I dont have a disorder lol. i just am looking for the right foods to eat and its hard to sift through all the bs... maybe it was a mistake posting....

8 miles is not a lot.... and im not sure i know many people who are not sore after especially leg day...