Say "NO" to GMO!

Replies

• KMCbluestar
    KMCbluestar Posts: 30 Member
    Omgsh okay my school has failed me. Okay then
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    OP doesn't seem overly interested in learning the facts. Watching a few YouTube videos does not make you an expert on GMO's. As others have said, the scientific consensus is that GMO's are safe. http://gmopundit.blogspot.com.au/p/450-published-safety-assessments.html
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Your school system absolutely failed you.

LOLOLOL

The set up on this was amazing.
  • KMCbluestar
    edited January 2015
    Oh I'm not saying I'm an expert in GMO's just saying this is one of the videos I have watched and this is my opinion on it.
  • KMCbluestar
    Wow it shows your true character saying that thanks. You guys are awfully nice.
  • honkytonks85
    No GMO's aren't good for us and have been proven. There has been testing on rats and the rat that only ate GMO foods ended suffering from a big tumour. Watched a documentary. Yes GMO's feeds more people but we are feeding people not the healthiest foods. It's my opinion that eating organic non GMO foods are better because GMO isn't natural.

Hopefully you're not referring to the Seralini study which was actually retracted - http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2014/06/24/zombie-retracted-seralini-gmo-maize-rat-study-republished-to-hostile-scientist-reactions/

Those rats are actually cancer prone - the study was deeply flawed.

As far as I know there are no legitimate scientific studies linking GMO to cancer.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Well maybe another video will keep the gears turning. Im pretty sure the actual scientific studies linked earlier were not even considered.

http://youtu.be/S7iLPJMEkiU
  • honkytonks85
    OP is trolling surely?!?!
  • KMCbluestar
    Okay so I have nothing to say right now, This is my opinion. Thank you for sharing and have a good day.
  • Daiako

We don't know who you're talking to. The quote function would aid in clarity.

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    OP is trolling surely?!?!
    I sincerely hope so.
  • maxwellnyce
    maxwellnyce Posts: 23 Member

Nothing I said was a slight against you. I'm very serious when I say, if you choose to believe a video on YouTube over scientific consensus, then the school system didn't do its job.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Just for good measure:
    http://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Ge-crops-safety-pub-list-1.xls

At the above link, there is a spreadsheet with over 1500 scientific articles that show GMO's are safe. Knock. Your. Self. Out.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Op has to be a troll
  • Daiako
    Opinions are important. The ability to take in information and form an opinion is, honestly, crucial (danger assessment for example) No one wants to take away a person's ability or right to form an opinion. But more important than forming an opinion is the ability to revise and adjust when confronted with more information. (That patch of weeds looks safe, I'll cut through it. Wait, mom says it's poison ivy, so I'd better avoid it. Opinion->new info->logical revision)

If, when confronted with new information a person decides to run through the poison ivy anyway...well that's alarming and at this point their opinion can not be supported.
  • maxwellnyce
    Daiako wrote: »
    Opinions are important. The ability to take in information and form an opinion is, honestly, crucial (danger assessment for example) No one wants to take away a person's ability or right to form an opinion. But more important than forming an opinion is the ability to revise and adjust when confronted with more information. (That patch of weeds looks safe, I'll cut through it. Wait, mom says it's poison ivy, so I'd better avoid it. Opinion->new info->logical revision)

If, when confronted with new information a person decides to run through the poison ivy anyway...well that's alarming and at this point their opinion can not be supported.

Poison ivy... Ain't nobody got time for that
  • Daiako

It's non-GMO poison ivy tho.
  • maxwellnyce
    I do prefer natural blisters
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member

It's non-GMO poison ivy tho.

It's natural, so it's fine. Natural is always better, that's just science.
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Probably because you went to a website that has the agenda of telling people that GMOs are horrible.
This discussion has been closed.