Options

Replies

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Nope!
    From your profile - "So this is my THIRD time trying for this!!"

Maybe that's a sign you should be looking for long term sustainability rather than a quick fix? A reasonable and appropriate calorie deficit for as long as it takes might just work....

There are no zero calories foods... Even green veggies have SOME calories. think of food as fuel. your body needs the fuel for energy to do the things it needs to do! If you try to eat as low calorie as possible you are going to be hungry and more likely to overeat later on in the day.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Nope!
    From your profile - "So this is my THIRD time trying for this!!"

Maybe that's a sign you should be looking for long term sustainability rather than a quick fix? A reasonable and appropriate calorie deficit for as long as it takes might just work....

There are no zero calories foods... Even green veggies have SOME calories. think of food as fuel. your body needs the fuel for energy to do the things it needs to do! If you try to eat as low calorie as possible you are going to be hungry and more likely to overeat later on in the day.

dust from A hoover is a great zero calorie meal
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Has anyone looked up the nutritional content of cardboard?
  • bobbycool321
    bobbycool321 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    konjac or shirataki noodles
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    celery dipped in cocaine

Want to go out to dinner sometime lol
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    :| I like to nosh on some ice cubes topped with a teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Kimgrey94 wrote: »
    anyone know any yummy calorie free meals???

Floor dust i hear that free in calories. Your allowed as much as you like On the fat fighters diet

Dust anyone? Yes, No? Dust?
    Anyone?
    Dust?
    Anyone?
    Dust?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kimgrey94 wrote: »
    anyone know any yummy calorie free meals???

Cardboard?

How much weight are you looking to lose?
  • magic8mom
    magic8mom Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When you opt to make real lasting changes you must adopt this a lifestyle choice and not a "quick fix". I, like you, have tried many times. What I didn't realize was that you have to work at becoming fit and make healthy choices ALL the time...not just eat good 2 days and eat everything in sight two days later. It takes determination and drive. You must be willing to make this your passion. Maybe you just aren't ready yet. But when you are ready you WILL succeed.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    konjac or shirataki noodles

Those have calories too.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    AmyJM76 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks she may have meant "low calorie" or "zero point"? Some of the comments on these last 3 pages have been downright rude. Isn't this site designed to support and uplift each other? SMH

Support someone who wants to eat 0 calorie foods, seriously!!?? Really??

ETA: Did you miss what the tittle of the thread read: "Looking for calorie free meals."
    1187122.gif

OP: Seek help, it sounds like you have issues with food.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks she may have meant "low calorie" or "zero point"? Some of the comments on these last 3 pages have been downright rude. Isn't this site designed to support and uplift each other? SMH

1187122.gif

^Agreed. Blind support, or supporting someone who may be doing something potentially harmful, is not really support...or, at the least, it's the type of support that doesn't do anyone any real good.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

One would think that between a title looking for 'calorie free meals' and a post asking for 'zero calorie meals' she made herself pretty clear...
  • Ajaxlost
    Ajaxlost Posts: 46 Member
    Options

ETA: Did you miss what the tittle of the thread read: "Looking for calorie free meals."
    1187122.gif

I just thought it could have been replied to in a nicer way. Now I'm getting attacked. I didn't say support her, I just meant inquire nicely what she meant and lead her down the right path. Not openly laugh at her. Guess I'll keep my opinions to myself as I hate the mob mentality here.
  • Ajaxlost
    Options

1187122.gif

I didn't miss the title. I was merely saying maybe she meant to say low calorie or zero point. Maybe she didn't. Maybe she is clueless as many of us are starting out. I thought it could have been handled differently instead of 3pages of comments designed to make her feel stupid. Now, I feel attacked. thanks for making my first post in MFP my last.
  • alsgirl716
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    celery dipped in cocaine

Hahaha best comment ever!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

1187122.gif

I didn't miss the title. I was merely saying maybe she meant to say low calorie or zero point. Maybe she didn't. Maybe she is clueless as many of us are starting out. I thought it could have been handled differently instead of 3pages of comments designed to make her feel stupid. Now, I feel attacked. thanks for making my first post in MFP my last.

I think you are being a bit dramatic. No one was attacking you. Just because it wasn't said with rainbows and unicorns but just bluntly with a hint of sarcasm doesn't make it an attack.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

1187122.gif

OK, you've said yourself that this was your first post here. Hang around and you would see that the reasons this post went the way it did is because this is NOT an isolated incident. This place in innundated with people with whacky questions like how to survive on a piece of toast every second day, or make dust tasty. People with ridiculous questions about unrealistic things who don't even think to type a search into google before asking a forum to solve their problem.

Remember the old addage - ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.
  • Ajaxlost
    Options

1187122.gif

OK, you've said yourself that this was your first post here. Hang around and you would see that the reasons this post went the way it did is because this is NOT an isolated incident. This place in innundated with people with whacky questions like how to survive on a piece of toast every second day, or make dust tasty. People with ridiculous questions about unrealistic things who don't even think to type a search into google before asking a forum to solve their problem.

Remember the old addage - ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

I get that. I've been lurking and seen a lot. Guess I'm a softy. The OP was only 19 years old. She may have needed some real direction. That's all.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    air and water. But honestly even enough water would have calories in it after awhile from the contaminates.