Daughter-father relationship

Options
needernt
needernt Posts: 675 Member
edited January 2015 in Chit-Chat
Is it true that girls have more concern and caring for their father rather than mother?

Replies

• ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it is true for everyone but it is in my case. My mom and I don't see eye to eye on a whole lot but I am (and will always be) daddy's little girl.
  • needernt
    Options
    ckmnacln wrote: »
    I'm not sure it is true for everyone but it is in my case. My mom and I don't see eye to eye on a whole lot but I am (and will always be) daddy's little girl.

What is the reason for such compassion between you and your daddy?
  • ckmnacln
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    ckmnacln wrote: »

What is the reason for such compassion between you and your daddy?

He is the most amazing guy in the world first of all. He has always been there for me no matter what, he has never been judgmental or criticized anything I've done. He always tells me he loves me and how proud he is of me. I actually dread disappointing him in any way even though it doesn't and would never make him think any less of me.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I don't know about in general, but I had a much more loving view of my father than of my mother. Not to go into details, but my mother wasn't the nicest person in the world...Daddy was kind and quiet.
  • needernt
    Options
    Is it sort of related to ''opposite sex'' attraction whatsoever?
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    eh... Freud was a fraud. for the record: NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.
  • Sweetsluv
    Sweetsluv Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    well that's just a little creepy...

I love and respect anyone who loves and respects me.

Just sayin.
  • ckmnacln
    Options
    Nope nothing like that at all.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options

This just got creepy.
  • tiffmomof3
    tiffmomof3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think dads have a special relationship with their daughter. We are their princesses. Dads are ruff and tuff with their sons to make them into men and mom's take that role with daughters.
    Moms know what daughters can and will do so we are harder on them. We also are our daughters biggest supports.
    Dads just have a special place in our hearts.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Growing up, I always favored my father over my mother. My Dad was the one that I listened to, and didn't want to disappoint. My Mom was sometimes a best friend, sometimes that sister you didn't want. After my Dad passed, we were forced to talk more and realized that we were the exact same person and that's why we butted heads when I was younger. I think little girls favor their Dads because Daddy think the world of their precious little girls and treat them so. Moms are more examples, and trying to make them into women... Dads just want their little girls to stay little girls.

And, this is all a generalization, and based solely on my experience. I know families were the father is a POS, so yeahhh...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    No. I think that some people tend to connect better than others, and when you connect more closely with your dad than your mom suddenly it's "Daddy's little girl!" In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's rarer which is why people are more interested in it.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Fathers and daughters typically have a special bond. There is nothing sexual or opposite sex about it. It's kinda creepy to even hear that asked. I am very close with my daughter and she's a total daddy's girl and it likely won't ever change.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    My daughter wants mommy when she wakes up or when she has a boo boo
    My daughter wants daddy when she wants hugs and cuddles and getting tickled
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Ummm……..wtf
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I think it probably depends on the situation to a large degree. My daughter and I have a... tempestuous relationship I suppose you could say. But there were a LOT of outside and internal pressures that contributed, and continue to contribute, to that. I basically raised her by myself from 4 to about 10 with my ex trying to sabotage my relationship with my daughter the whole time. My daughter is diagnosed bipolar so there's a lot that happened because of that, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Even with all that, these days she spends more time with her mom but I think she values her relationship with me more. But who knows.
  • needernt
    Options
    It doesn't mean you are sexually attracted, but might work subconsciously. anyway I heard it from a fellow sociologist and want to know others opinion as well
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Daddy's girl here for sure. My mom and I butted heads a lot when I was growing up. We get along much better now that I'm older, but I'm still a daddy's girl and always will be. Not sure of the reasoning (definitely not the creepy opposite sex attraction you suggested) but that's just the way it is. I'm also the baby. Probably something like someone else suggested of the little princess thing. Who knows.
  • Dube11
    Dube11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're talking about the Electra Complex. That's a bunch of neo-Freud nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_complex
  • JeremyInvincible
    JeremyInvincible Posts: 264 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I have a three year old little girl that is a Daddy's girl through and through, and that's just fine by me. She's my constant companion and best little buddy. I don't know if it will always be like this, but I hope so. I always think of this quote by Joseph Addison:

“Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition, but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express.”

All true.