Replies

• IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    perverts.jpg
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I think I was a bit of a daddy's girl when I was little, but I've always been close to my mum, and I'm still very close to her now and I'm 37. My sister doesn't get on with my dad at all.

I have a son and 2 daughters, and they're very close to both my husband and myself.
  • FarmallMom71
    FarmallMom71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm Daddy's Girl through and through, but My Mom is my best friend... I lost my Dad 2 years ago... I can say that BOTH my parents are so special. If your lucky enough to have both parents love them with all your heart. Never miss a chance to say I love you, even if you don't always agree... when they are gone your chance to say it to them and let them know will be gone too. - and daughters do live their Daddys... Daddy is the first prince charming we know... they chase monsters from under our beds when we are little, we pick our future husbands based on how they treat us, they always seem to save the day... nothing wrong with being a Daddy's girl... even after their gone, your still Daddy's girl.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Ddubrul wrote: »
    Sounds like you're talking about the Electra Complex. That's a bunch of neo-Freud nonsense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electra_complex

Interesting!
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's a protective thing? Girls might see the dad as the big bear who protects them no matter what, and somehow translates into a more close relationship as they grow older? Just a guess.... I dunno. I'll find out though (girl, on the way!)
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Daddy's girls are pretty much the same as mamas' boys.
  • FarmallMom71
    FarmallMom71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ps... I have a brother and he's totally Momma's boy... so it works!
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the relationship as you are growing up. I had very little to do with my father and have always idolised my mother. She was always there to support me and encourage me and now I'm grown I'm still extremely close to my mother. My parents divorced when I was 8, and I didn't see anything of my father until I was 26, when he decided to get back in touch. I was a grown woman with a family of my own then. My mother never had a bad word to say against my father.
  • Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You know, this was an interesting sociology debatable point until you brought in the whole "sexual attraction thing" That's just wrong. As a woman who struggles with an ex that has demonstrated an affinity for young girls and has made inappropriate comments to his and my daughter so that now he's on a watchdog with authorities and myself, this is just a type of conversation that furthers this sort of behaviour of men tricking themselves into thinking that this may be "ok"

It's not ok.

• Mikkimeowza
    Options
    Freud did coke and had an unhealthy fascination with children and their stages of development. So, I don't find much of his work to be based in reality. Children do not sexually idolize their parents, not if they are in a healthy, respectful household. I would say that I have found my daughter to have a stronger bond with me than her father, though mostly because her father is not in the picture much. I did not like my father, and I got along with my mother more regularly, so I cannot give great insight.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    It doesn't mean you are sexually attracted, but might work subconsciously. anyway I heard it from a fellow sociologist and want to know others opinion as well
    Check it out! It's the OP and his "fellow sociologist" parked outside the local YMCA. 8d06d202f31ed4e83728ec813f5c60bf.jpg
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I knew a girl of 16 years old, she punched one her classmates in the face because she teased her father mustache. And then when we asked her what if she taunt your mother, she responded it would also make her angry but probably not as much as it did with her daddy.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Fathers protect their little princesses while toughening up their little warriors and Mothers protect their little princes while teaching their little mini me's.... I think if your a lad you see your dad as the teacher and your mum as the soft one, and vice versa with girls.
  • Mikkimeowza
    Options
    You know, this was an interesting sociology debatable point until you brought in the whole "sexual attraction thing" That's just wrong. As a woman who struggles with an ex that has demonstrated an affinity for young girls and has made inappropriate comments to his and my daughter so that now he's on a watchdog with authorities and myself, this is just a type of conversation that furthers this sort of behaviour of men tricking themselves into thinking that this may be "ok"

It's not ok.
    I concur with this statement.
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    um .. yeah this got weird
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    Is it sort of related to ''opposite sex'' attraction whatsoever?

Umm..ew.

I do think that the bond a girl has with her father has something to do with how she relates to other men in her life. My experience: my biological father signed his rights to me away when I was a pre teen. I was fostered by a couple who became my legal guardians when I was 14. For all intents and purposes, they are my parents. My adoptive father is very loving and fatherly. However, because of my bio father "rejecting" me, I have insecurity issues with men that I date. My current guy just helped me realize this on Saturday. Through talking it out with him and his genuine interest in driving out my insecurities, we discovered that was the root cause.

Keep in mind, this is my opinion and experience. I'm in no way insinuating that it's scientific fact.
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    My dad is the only man who has never, or will never, break my heart. Dads (or father figures), I think, have a sense of protection over their daughters.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's kinda simple:

bd7e12c848a6537f09d84cf2d722f3f3.jpg

Stop making it creepy.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mvlf7wEoGk1qcwyxho1_500.gif
  • Sweetsluv