beginning running.... how do you get past the embarrasment?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @snarlingcoyote‌ that's such a great share. Thanks.

+1 ... and I think you should tell her one day what an inspiration she is to others ...
  • elizabethjmurphy
    elizabethjmurphy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone on this journey feels this way weather it's while exercising, dressing, feeding some guilty pleasure in a Resturant.
    Some things to consider...
    Think of your self as a walker that picks up the pace (maybe physiologically it will help you be seen exercising)
    Every runner started like this regardless of there weight (walk, run, walk, run) it's how we learn your becoming a part of a comity that is very loyal to each other, appreciates everyone's small victories and believes the ability to run and cover any ground no matter how slow or fast is a huge accomplishment.

Exercise should be fun, take your time this is a life time not a moment. Start slow, build up as you feel stronger and powerful. The irst time I ran straight for 10 min I was on cloud 9. My first 5K I though was amazing, my first 5 miles I couldn't believe this was really me...as I ran more I became stronger and could push a few more minutes each run till I was running 12 miles. I share this because I'm a new runner it took me 10month to accomplish this. I felt unbelieveable. I didn't necessarily loose tons of weight but what I gain was strenght, self esteem and belief in my self. This is about you, belive in yourself and keep moving at any pace, any speed any where! Enjoy