How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Once a week, but once in a while I'll just be in the mood to weigh in one day, no clue why.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other week - the same when I was losing weight.
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself on the last Friday of every month. I do this in part because I have a bad relationship with the scale at home become obsessed with my weight (which is unhealthy). So instead I use the digital medical scale at our local clinic. The girls there know me now, and they enter my weight into my electronic medical records every visit so my physician can see my progress when I need to see him about anything. Just do what works for you though, as you'll see from this thread everyone is different.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    when i am serious about losing or maintaining, i weigh myself every day. i dont weigh myself often during the holidays so i gain 10 lbs every year
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    McEneny wrote: »
    I'm shocked people actually weigh themselves everyday, what does that solve? Our bodies are going to fluctuate so your most likely not even getting an accurate number.

I used to weigh in weekly, but I now weigh in monthly. For me the number on the scale is important but not the most important thing. Muscle weighs more then fat.

^^Really? 1# of muscle weighs more than 1# of fat? ok

To each his own. Whatever works best for each of us is what we should do. We all have different needs and goals.

Yes muscle weighs more then fat, so what do you mean "really?" lol.

1# = 1# or am I wrong?

Oh riddles, oh man, gotta love it.

http://dietdatabase.com/1-pound-body-fat-facts-pictures/

Muscle that takes up the same volume as fat, will weigh more than that fat.
    Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat it is just denser. Basically 5 pounds of fat would take up more volume than 5 pounds of muscle. They both weigh the same, fat just takes up more space. Not contradicting you author just giving details from my own research.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want. My deficit is so small while I lift right now, I'm not too concerned. I lose like .25 pounds a month sheesh.
  • RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning. Depending on whether I dropped weight, I may or may not get a treat/cheat meal on the weekend.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am ocd lol, so I weigh myself every morning after using the bathroom of course and sometimes at night to drive myself crazy. When I'm not in a plateau, I do know that I lose about 4-6oz on the days I workout and 2-4oz on the days I don't. That data is the only helpful thing about weighing myself everyday, lol I wish I could weigh myself once a week it would be less crazy for myself. If I don't lose anything, I push myself harder in the gym, I eat less and I obsess about why I didn't lose anything. My advice don't live by the scale, live by how you feel. Feeling stronger, healthier, better beats anything the scale can give you.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked people actually weigh themselves everyday, what does that solve? Our bodies are going to fluctuate so your most likely not even getting an accurate number.

I used to weigh in weekly, but I now weigh in monthly. For me the number on the scale is important but not the most important thing. Muscle weighs more then fat.

I weigh daily in the morning.
    Now i dont really have the fluctuations (sometimes a couple of ounces but that's it also when my period comes up).

What i learn from it is that the day after i ate cut my weight is up a few ounces, which i lose btw plus some extra the day after lol.

I dont freak out about it. My weight loss is pretty stable, 3 days a week it stands still or i gain a few ounces, than day 4 i lose, day 5 i lose day 6 i lose, Day 7 it comes to a stand again lol

Weighing every day is fun for me. I learned a lot about my body and it keeps me on track and seeing the weight going down makes me smile in the morning :)

I think its a very personal thing and people have to do what they are comfortable with.
    For me that is weighing every morning.

• Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Daily, which I record in an app called "happy scale" which I'm loving. The picture describes it pretty much, but I also like the small milestones it gives you.
    16opt4n4musf.jpg
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after my shower in the evenings (usually every day), but I only record when I hit a new low weight. Fluctuations upward don't bother me. I will notice if I haven't been able to record a new weight for a while, and then I examine the MFP data and reflect on my diet, exercise, lifestyle, etc. I've been doing this for the last year, and I've only had about three times where I've plateaued for several weeks in a row. Two were because of overeating due to vacation/celebrations, and one was because (as best as I could figure, anyway) I drastically switched up my workout routine and protein consumption.
  • ssanford77
    ssanford77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and have done so throughout. Any more than that I get frustrated because of normal weight fluctuations. Make sure you weigh yourself at the same time all the time though.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. After using the bathroom. Naked. It's the most consistent that way.

I use the scale as my progress point so I know what foods affect the scale since I eat pretty much the same things over and over. It shows me what works and what doesn't. If the scale doesn't move for a week then I know I have to tweak something in my diet. If it goes down each week then I can leave my diet where it is. It's good feedback for me.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, it irks me if I don't lose but it doesn't bother me or I don't count it against me to stop what I'm doing. I do try to reflect what happened that made me gain the ounce or lb... usually I re-check my log and see that I was eating too much of my daily fat intake even though I'm within my calories for the day. Then I check if those fat are the good or the bad.. lol - (e.g. chips fat or avocado fat?) then make the adjustment. I'm an analyst by profession and I like to have as much datas as possible so I can figure out trends and hurdles if any. Just the way I am. Once I found I had so much increase of fat intake from the last 2 weeks, I try to eat less so it balances it out... I dont want it to go so far without realizing whats going on with my body and try to "straightened" it out while I still able.

I dont log weight increase either.... it doesn't make me go kray kray - I hold myself accountable so I analyze my datas to date and make the adjustments. :) if I don't do it daily... and do it weekly... I wouldn't be as detail and accountable as I want to be.
  • robjohns680
    robjohns680 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every morning
  • lilkrusey91
    lilkrusey91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!