Restarting | 75lbs to lose and looking for some new friends :)

Options
I lost 35lbs a couple years ago and slid off the wagon as life took over my brain (and gained back 15lbs in the process). So I'm picking up where I left off, planning to lose the last 75lbs+ and am hoping to pick up some new active MFP pals for added support!

A little about me:

Height: 5'4"
HW: 225lbs
CW: 205lbs
GW: 130lbs (ish)

I'll mostly be eating whole foods and home cooked meals, but chips and ice cream might pop up occasionally, as long as I can fit it into my daily goal.

I also plan on working out 3-6 days a week, just the old Power 90 workout system to get me kickstarted. Eventually I'd like to try P90X and Insanity with the ultimate fitness goal of learning archery and how to swordfight at a local sword fighting school (did I mention I'm a big ol' nerd & gaming geek?).

Doesn't matter if you have more or less to lose than me; anyone that's positive and invested in changing their lifestyle is more than welcome! So if you'd like a blunt but cheerful and geeky MFP buddy feel free to add me :)

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Girl, if I can do it you can too! Feel free to add me! :D
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks! I live/lurk in the Success forums, it's the best way I've found to rekindle that fire. Adding you :D
  • palesoftie
    Options
    Add me too!
  • Apple1234
    Apple1234 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need to buckle down and get back at losing weight again too! We have similar goals :) add me :)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Always nice to have some people who are in the same boat, added!
  • wraybop93
    Options
    Same here I need all the support I can get major year full of events coming up :) feel free to add me
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Done! I hear you on a year full of crazy, have some big things coming up for myself too o.o
  • MummyStumpf
    MummyStumpf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for MFP friends for support. Similar goals as you too. What does HW stand for?!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Awesome I'll add you, the more support the better imo :)

HW stands for highest weight (ever, which was also my starting point nearly 3 years ago). Also there's GW (goal weight, which can mean end goal OR short-term goal ie. 10lbs less) and UGW (indicates your end goal).
  • Rebek2911
    Rebek2911 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I'm just starting back as well. I have 65-70lbs to lose I'm 5'3. Looking for new friends also. :smile:
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Nice, another shorty hehe Added ;)
  • ang180
    ang180 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting again too. I'd love to have additional support and to be supportive. I'm 5"4 and would like to lose 80 pounds. Feel free to add me
  • antlia
    antlia Posts: 7
    Options
    Adding you, we're kund in the same situation! :D
  • sarbuck
    sarbuck Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I too am starting over again after losing weight a few years ago. Unfortunately I have gained it all back plus 12 extra pounds. Feel free to add me!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    ang180 wrote: »
    I am starting again too. I'd love to have additional support and to be supportive. I'm 5"4 and would like to lose 80 pounds. Feel free to add me

Shorties ftw! I figure it doesn't matter how many times we have to start over, the biggest step is being willing to start over :)
    antlia wrote: »
    Adding you, we're kund in the same situation! :D

Lovely, this has turned out to be such a good place to connect with people who are in the same boat!
    sarbuck wrote: »
    I too am starting over again after losing weight a few years ago. Unfortunately I have gained it all back plus 12 extra pounds. Feel free to add me!

A looong time ago I'd managed to drop a handful of dress sizes, but I've gained that back and how, I know those feels haha Adding you!
  • ShiirahTurner
    ShiirahTurner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay a group trying to lose weight too! I need all the support I can get and give as well :)
    Current weight: 185
    Goal weight: 140
    I'm 5'6 :)
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You're on.....I'm just a bit taller, but still have 50 pounds to lose.....request being sent.....
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm finally invested in losing weight too. I went down the list and added people because I could give and use motivation, encouragement, and support.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Add me, we have about the same amount to lose and around the same height (5.5)
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :D i was 5'4", now I'm 5'3" (lost an inch according to my doctor because of the birth control i was on causing bone loss...) i have lost 37 lbs so far, have another 30-40 to lose (i plan to evaluate closer to goal).