Restarting | 75lbs to lose and looking for some new friends :)

Options

Replies

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yay a group trying to lose weight too! I need all the support I can get and give as well :)
    Current weight: 185
    Goal weight: 140
    I'm 5'6 :)

Fully agreed, it's kinda easy to take for granted when you're doing it on your own. But being surrounded by people who have the same mindset is so so nice :)
    Ribena145 wrote: »
    You're on.....I'm just a bit taller, but still have 50 pounds to lose.....request being sent.....

Haha it's getting serious now! 50lbs is an awesome goal to have, no worries on being taller. Active supportive people is all that counts in my book!
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    I'm finally invested in losing weight too. I went down the list and added people because I could give and use motivation, encouragement, and support.

It can take a long time to hit that wall sometimes, can't it? Yup I figured before I really jumped in the deep end I should start building a good support network. Everyone else's journey is the best motivation I could have :)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Anyone can add me :D i was 5'4", now I'm 5'3" (lost an inch according to my doctor because of the birth control i was on causing bone loss...) i have lost 37 lbs so far, have another 30-40 to lose (i plan to evaluate closer to goal).

Grats on what you've lost so far! I'll be doing the same when I get closer to goal, actually seeing how things look and feel. I've been a big gal all my life, so I have NO clue how I'll look, it'll be as much a surprise to me as everyone else LOL
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am coming off of a crazy year with some backsliding too. It happens to everyone at some point. Working my way through Jillian Michaels Body Shred at the moment... 3 weeks and 10 lbs down :)
  • AlexNelson2015
    Options
    I'm a shorty as well and have about 50 to lose. It all caught up to me in my 30s...hit me like a ton of bricks!! Looking forward to the support and encouragement I and others can give. Add me please :smiley:
  • cturan30
    cturan30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I seem to be starting over quite often.. Can't seems to stay on track at all. Very bad about emotional eating ;( I eat sometimes to forget other sadness in my life or at least try to. Lost the love of my life in March 2014 (cancer is very cruel). I've gained 16 lbs since then. Doesn't sound like much except I'm afraid I am spinning out of control.... I don't want to be on one if the shows my 600 lb life or my weight is killing me. Esp since i can see where I'm headed. I could use all the support and motivation I can get. Like I said I know it's no excuse but seem to back slide every few days.

I do have a cruise coming up next Jan! You would think that's all the motivation I would need right... Wrong. I eat even when I'm not hungry and make myself sick and continue to eat.

Feel free to add me!

BTW I'm Carmen 41
    5'2
    HW- 230
    CW- 206
    GW- 140 ish (or less by my cruise date)

Good luck EVERYONE!! ;)
  • needconfidence
    needconfidence Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like your positivity you can do it :) feel free to add me
  • KimberlyB617
    KimberlyB617 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me too. The support I've gotten from friends on here has been so motivating. I've lost weight in years past and always gained it back (then some). This time I'm shooting to keep it off and be a hottie. Lol. Goal is to lose about 60 pounds. Just started on the 5th...down 5.2. Looooong way to go, but I'm excited to have friends to cheer each other along on the way.
  • lfranklin1229
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have really been depressed about my weight and what it's cost me.... My career as a teacher. Now I just mad at myself and I'm more modivated than I've been in years. I weigh more now than I did pregnant and I'm mad! I need someone to help me stay modivated. Any takers
  • kimberlyrenee2008
    kimberlyrenee2008 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals! Feel free to add me for support and accountability!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    hcobb33 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I am coming off of a crazy year with some backsliding too. It happens to everyone at some point. Working my way through Jillian Michaels Body Shred at the moment... 3 weeks and 10 lbs down :)

I agree, backsliding happens and it's not the end of the world but I figured this time round I'd try to put my best foot forward and increase my odds of sustainability hehe How are you liking the Body Shred? I have a few (untouched) Jillian DVD's, but I'm afraid to try them. She scares me >.>
    I'm a shorty as well and have about 50 to lose. It all caught up to me in my 30s...hit me like a ton of bricks!! Looking forward to the support and encouragement I and others can give. Add me please :smiley:

Awesome, adding you as well! Nice to have some more shorties on my flist :)
    cturan30 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I seem to be starting over quite often.. Can't seems to stay on track at all. Very bad about emotional eating ;( I eat sometimes to forget other sadness in my life or at least try to. Lost the love of my life in March 2014 (cancer is very cruel). I've gained 16 lbs since then. Doesn't sound like much except I'm afraid I am spinning out of control.... I don't want to be on one if the shows my 600 lb life or my weight is killing me. Esp since i can see where I'm headed. I could use all the support and motivation I can get. Like I said I know it's no excuse but seem to back slide every few days.

I do have a cruise coming up next Jan! You would think that's all the motivation I would need right... Wrong. I eat even when I'm not hungry and make myself sick and continue to eat.

Emotional eating is a hard habit to break, and not one I've managed to rid myself of completely. I've made a lot of progress but it's been a lifelong habit to reach for food for every other reason besides hunger, it'll be a while longer before it's fully under control :)

I'm sorry you had such a rough year, but I understand where you're coming from when it comes to looking at your habits and seeing where they could lead you. Give yourself some credit for being here and even considering a change. Honestly that's one of the hardest steps! Added you

• cturan30
    Options
    Thank you ;)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    I like your positivity you can do it :) feel free to add me

Awww, thanks I will! I figured it doesn't matter how many times you fall, as long as you get up again. Nothing good ever really comes out of tearing ourselves down, just gives more excuses to stay stagnant, you know?
    KmbrlyBrdn wrote: »
    Y'all can add me too. The support I've gotten from friends on here has been so motivating. I've lost weight in years past and always gained it back (then some). This time I'm shooting to keep it off and be a hottie. Lol. Goal is to lose about 60 pounds. Just started on the 5th...down 5.2. Looooong way to go, but I'm excited to have friends to cheer each other along on the way.

Girl, you crazy? You're already gorgeous! I'd agree though, I'm done with yo-yo'ing and want to make this a lifestyle change for me and no one else. Being a hottie would just be a bonus haha
    Hi everybody! I have really been depressed about my weight and what it's cost me.... My career as a teacher. Now I just mad at myself and I'm more modivated than I've been in years. I weigh more now than I did pregnant and I'm mad! I need someone to help me stay modivated. Any takers

I'm a believer that true motivation can only come within, but I'm happy to support anyone who wants it :) I also get what you mean about weight (and also other issues for myself) costing you a lot, I've seen a lot of damage in my day that came from my being overall unhealthy, mind and body. No need to beat yourself up though, if you can take it as a lesson learned and carry it with you, then you can only go up from here :)
    We have similar goals! Feel free to add me for support and accountability!

Nice, will do!
  • danny7995
    Options
    Hi my name is Danny. I am 35 years old and I started my weight loss journey at 527 lbs. I currently weigh 224 lbs. I feel better than ever. I want to get down to 199 lbs. I would love to be friends with you and help motivate each other and support each other to reach our goals. Feel free to send me friend request.
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Wow, serious kudos on your success so far! What helped you the most in your journey? I'll totes add you :)
  • cturan30
    Options
    Congrats Danny, that's awesome
  • jlastevens
    jlastevens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me :) I need some motivation too and would love to be friends with those that are actively working on their weight and myfitnesspal :)
  • mommaguthrie
    Options
    I've "played at" losing weight for several years now. Yoyo dieting my way to 295# at 5'6". I'll have my 50th birthday this year and have finally faced facts. I HAVE to lose this weight and I CAN do it. It will be a long road but I'm hoping to stay on track this time and finally reach my goal of 145# or less. I know I can't do it alone though so looking for some positive help. My plan is to start with diet changes and move a little more every day. Right now I'm pretty sedentary so I got a Fitbit and plan to increase my steps and activity little by little.
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    jlastevens wrote: »
    Hey! Add me :) I need some motivation too and would love to be friends with those that are actively working on their weight and myfitnesspal :)

I absolutely will! I agree, it makes it easier to be surrounded with other active like-minded people. Easy way to stay inspired and encouraged :)
    I've "played at" losing weight for several years now. Yoyo dieting my way to 295# at 5'6". I'll have my 50th birthday this year and have finally faced facts. I HAVE to lose this weight and I CAN do it. It will be a long road but I'm hoping to stay on track this time and finally reach my goal of 145# or less. I know I can't do it alone though so looking for some positive help. My plan is to start with diet changes and move a little more every day. Right now I'm pretty sedentary so I got a Fitbit and plan to increase my steps and activity little by little.

Preach! Haha I've played at and played with the idea of losing weight for... nearly my entire life. And you're right you CAN do it, more than that, you WILL do it. It's awesome that you've already got a plan for yourself, all forward movement is good, I like that you're taking it in small steps. You'd be surprised how they snowball into bigger achievements. The first time I realized I walked up a couple flights of stairs without panting... I was stunned haha

• auntiegeorgie
    Options
    Really need some help with motivation. Have started and stopped so many times.
    CW 164
    GW 135
    Turning 55 this year and have hit a plateau of 160-165, can not break 158!!!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    I'll throw a request your way, plateaus can be a pain in the butt but I'm sure you can do it :D