Restarting | 75lbs to lose and looking for some new friends :)

Options

Replies

• hugodaddy
    hugodaddy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there im also trying to lose some bodyfat i currenty weigh 183lb am 5'8 31 yrs old. Im looking ti lose around 10% bf which is around 22lb. I want to lose just bf tho just to be able to see my abs again... feel free to add me anyone for any motivation and diet tips :D
  • shonikuri
    shonikuri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me also for support and motivation
  • Ifieca
    Ifieca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! It doesn't matter how many times you fall, it's getting back up that counts... I've just started over and decided to take it serious this time.... Feel free to add me :) I have about 50lbs to lose...take care darl'...
  • ChaCha575
    ChaCha575 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Count me in...I had my gallbladder removed a couple weeks ago and I'm starting over. I have 70 lbs to lose!
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hugodaddy wrote: »
    Hi there im also trying to lose some bodyfat i currenty weigh 183lb am 5'8 31 yrs old. Im looking ti lose around 10% bf which is around 22lb. I want to lose just bf tho just to be able to see my abs again... feel free to add me anyone for any motivation and diet tips :D

Oh the epic quest for abs! One day, one day I hope to see ANYTHING that closely resembles a flat stomach, much less one with definition. Added :)
    shonikuri wrote: »
    Add me also for support and motivation

Done and done, welcome aboard the geeky sunny train! haha
    IfeyJ wrote: »
    Hi! It doesn't matter how many times you fall, it's getting back up that counts... I've just started over and decided to take it serious this time.... Feel free to add me :) I have about 50lbs to lose...take care darl'...

Truer words were never spoken. I've learned on this journey so far that a) weight loss is NOT a straight line and b) you can't do it till you're ready, actually seriously ready. 50lbs is an ambitious goal! Will add :)
    ChaCha575 wrote: »
    Count me in...I had my gallbladder removed a couple weeks ago and I'm starting over. I have 70 lbs to lose!

Surgery always throws a wrench in things, but as long as you're okay that's what matters. It's nice to see so many other people starting over as well, it's a good reminder that life curveballs everyone, not just me ;)

• lnhanson
    lnhanson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have about 80 to lose!
  • lissieinthesky
    Options
    I feel like Donkey from Shrek (Yes, I do have kids! Why do you ask? :wink:) "Pick me! Pick me!" I'm 5'3" currently at 170 something... been avoiding the scale. :neutral_face: I want to get down to 129. Weird number, I know. It just sounds right, lol. :blush: Fellow nerd here, also taking up archery, my husband has a compound bow but his draw weight is a bit of a long shot for me, lol!. :smiley: So yes, pick me! pick me! :wink:
  • lissieinthesky
    Options
    Wow. That was a LOT of smileys... :p
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    lnhanson wrote: »
    Add me! I have about 80 to lose!

Awesome, added! I figure it's gonna be a long and windy road, but better to start now rather than later :D
  • ty_palmer09
    Options
    I understand completely I had lost about 65 right after college and then life happened and I gained it all plus some. Needing to lose around 85-100 lbs.
  • fitjerseygirl
    fitjerseygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm in the same place. I went from over 250 lbs to my lowest weight of 165 last November and now I'm back around 215. My GW is 154.
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) Good luck to everyone!!
  • cindyjgates56
    cindyjgates56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! I'm fairly new to MFP, and completely new to the friend aspect. How do we add folks?
    I'm a 58 year old overweight dietitian, so my driving force is to practice what I preach.
    HT: 5'7"
    HW: 214 lbs
    CW: 183 lbs
    GW: 150 lbs

I broke my back in 2012, recently had back surgery in Oct 2014, so I've not been able to work out much. I'm just now back to walking.

Anyway, would appreciate learning how to "add" folks and participate in the forums.

Cindy, RD in sunny CA
  • ahammer77
    ahammer77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 75 pounds to lose as well.
  • lisanzama
    lisanzama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm restarting as well. I lost about 50 lbs in 2007 and after a foot injury in 2010 slowly gained it all back. I'm 3 lbs into my journey and would to have friends along the way for the ride.
  • erincarmichael1
    Options
    I sent you a request. Another geeky girl here.. :)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    I feel like Donkey from Shrek (Yes, I do have kids! Why do you ask? :wink:) "Pick me! Pick me!" I'm 5'3" currently at 170 something... been avoiding the scale. :neutral_face: I want to get down to 129. Weird number, I know. It just sounds right, lol. :blush: Fellow nerd here, also taking up archery, my husband has a compound bow but his draw weight is a bit of a long shot for me, lol!. :smiley: So yes, pick me! pick me! :wink:

LOL to the Donkey reference. You are CHOSEN! Haha To join our large and varied bunch of ragtags on our epic quest to HEALTH & HOTTIEDOM haha Fellow nerds are extra exciting to add, I'm not gonna lie haha I learned about a local swordfighting/archery/Sherlock Holmes bartitsu school and all my geeky alarm bells went off! Yeah I think if I could learn how to use a normal bow I'd prefer that, compound bows scare me o.o (P.S. Emotes are cool :P)
    I understand completely I had lost about 65 right after college and then life happened and I gained it all plus some. Needing to lose around 85-100 lbs.

Yeah, still have to figure out how I'm gonna deal with life going forward, I'm tired of the half-a$$ed effort and backsliding hamster wheel I've been on >.< Welcome aboard though!
    Hey all - I'm in the same place. I went from over 250 lbs to my lowest weight of 165 last November and now I'm back around 215. My GW is 154.

Grats on the previous success, that's a major achievement :D Randomly, I'm always curious as to how everyone comes up with their goal weights. Maybe that's mostly because I've -never- been healthy or fit, so it's really a shot in the dark for me till I get closer hehe
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    danny7995 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Danny. I am 35 years old and I started my weight loss journey at 527 lbs. I currently weigh 224 lbs. I feel better than ever. I want to get down to 199 lbs. I would love to be friends with you and help motivate each other and support each other to reach our goals. Feel free to send me friend request.

Whoa, congrats! That's amazing.
  • JenMaselli
    JenMaselli Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »

Grats on the previous success, that's a major achievement :D Randomly, I'm always curious as to how everyone comes up with their goal weights. Maybe that's mostly because I've -never- been healthy or fit, so it's really a shot in the dark for me till I get closer hehe

I pick my goal weight based on the size of my jeans. :smiley: Not very scientific, but I know how much I have to weigh to be in a 4 - 6 - 8 - 10 and I just shoot for that. I gained 25 lbs after I stopped nursing my last baby in 2012, took off 30 in 2013 and have put about 12 back on. I restarted my goal from my current weight and just working on getting back into my sixes. This time I'm not going down to 1200 a day, though, trying to be more realistic so I don't rebound if I have some cake and a beer on a Saturday night. Best of luck, feel free to add!
  • Michelletrk
    Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me too, feel free to add me fellow posters....I have got to get a handle on this! I am 35 mother of 2 and would like to say its baby weight.....but she is now 10 years old! Heaviest I have ever been and miserable!

HT 5'1"
    HW 190.2
    CW 189
    GW 120ish