June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today is my day 7 and I will complete it once I can move. After the high of completing Natalie exercises yesterday I am now sore everywhere again, especially my back, so I'm thinking it was something to do with the way I did the crunches. I'm sure doing the exercises again will improve this.

I think you can see some difference in those pics MelCLaire2000
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    Just finished Day 6 this morning and it was so hard to get motivated (might have been the three glasses of wine I had last night) but I'm glad I did it because the scale was awesome this morning!! My ticker is messed up but I only have 10 more lbs till my goal!!

SW: 177
    CW: 160
    GW: 150
    UGW: 145

I can't wait to tone and lose this extra weight! We can do it girls!!!!
  • TinkTribe
    TinkTribe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Morning guys. For some reason, this morning I had a breakdown when I tried on clothes. Everything I put on was too small and I just feel bloated and fat... I know I need to keep going and I will, but I'm one of those people who want to see results like now, even though I know I didn't gain all this weight overnight. I'm on Day 7, took a rest day yesterday because I was sore and had shin splits real bad. I'm definitely needing some encouragement this morning, I feel like I will never lose this weight :( I want to be semi-fit by July 4th, because my parents have their annual pool party and I don't want to look like a whale :( I enjoy the workouts, but I feel like only doing 20 minutes isn't going to get the weight off. I feel like I need to do more.. Any advice?????? :(
  • GallwayGrl
    Options
    xkrazykristen - I do JM in the mornings and about 3-4 days a week I hit up my gym (curves). I'm exhausted at night but by the end of the week I feel super pumped and I'm definitely noticing changes!
  • chanc127
    chanc127 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have the 30-day Shred DVD. However, I am currently doing another DVD at the present time. Excited to read your personal results and thoughts at the end of day 30. Go team myfitnesspal, good luck!!
  • niveaq10
    niveaq10 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi you have my support and I too am on a mission to lose weight weight
    I am doing mine over 6 weeks and I aim aiming to lose at least 10lbs (4.53592 in Kilograms)
    so I will be keeping watch good luck :smile:
  • TinkTribe
    Options
    Thanks girl. I considered doing C25K as well along with JM 30DS but I wasn't sure if that was too much. Do you take any rest days?
  • GallwayGrl
    Options
    So far I had made Sundays my rest days at curves because they aren't open on those days. With JM I haven't rested but I'm only on L1D7 as of tomorrow. My back its actually hurting me from my workout this morning so we will see what tomorrow brings. I may stick with Sunday's. You really have to just see what your body says to you because you don't want to over due it. I'm so sore after my workouts in the morning but my gym time in the afternoon seems to loosen me up.
  • TinkTribe
    Options
    I had to take a rest day yesterday even though I didn't want to because my shins were hurting so bad! But I plan to workout when I get home from work and through the weekend. I'm just so mad at myself for letting myself go and looking like I do. It's disappointing :(
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for a month now, with three rest days + four days when I was sick.

I'll be doing it for the 23th time today and I'm still on level 2 because I'd like it to last longer, plus I still find level 2 much more difficult than I found level 1 on my last day of it. So I guess I'll stretch it out to the end of the month :D

I found level 1 so much easier than level 2 that I don't look forward to doing it anymore, so I could definitely use some help ):

What hand weights are you guys using?
  • GallwayGrl
    Options
    Keep that chin up!! We have all failed at some point in our lives. That is why we are all working together to get through this. Reset that mind frame and tell yourself you can do it! Don't stress for the past. Live for the future (cliche I know) but yesterday is yesterday....can't change that!! Try looking at all the 30-day shred pics on here. They really are inspirational. I look at them everyday to remind myself that I can do it too!
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done.
    I actually managed 10 proper press ups each time! Although I didn't get down very far it still counts right? (please say it counts)

Made my weights heavier too for the chest flys and the side lunge. although I only used one weight for the side lunge cos lets face it they are hard enough anyway :laugh:
  • TinkTribe
    Options
    Keep that chin up!! We have all failed at some point in our lives. That is why we are all working together to get through this. Reset that mind frame and tell yourself you can do it! Don't stress for the past. Live for the future (cliche I know) but yesterday is yesterday....can't change that!! Try looking at all the 30-day shred pics on here. They really are inspirational. I look at them everyday to remind myself that I can do it too!

Thanks :) I'm trying but its hard when its summer and I wanna wear shorts but my legs look awful in them! Ugh.

I've been using 5lb weights for all the exercises for Level 1. Today is Day 7 so we will see how it goes :)
  • bhealthyagain
    bhealthyagain Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS 3 days ago...and i've already lost 2 inches on my waist, belly button, and and 1 1\12 inches on my bicep!!! So I can't wait to see what day 30 brings!!! I'm soooo soar but surprisingly the pain isn't so bad when I'm doing it, it hurts more doing every day things lol.
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 4 this morning and i accomplished 4 REAL push ups! So silly but so proud! haha The cardio is still hard for me ... all that jumping is hard! lol
    I am currently using 1.1kg weights which is about 2.5lbs i think :)
    The scale made me very happy today though so sticking with it for sure!
  • niquerester
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me. My calves are killing me! Lol, I could barely get out of bed!
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me. My calves are killing me! Lol, I could barely get out of bed!

Same for me!!! Calves are the only part of me that are reeeaaaally sore lol
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies!!! I completed Day 4 of Level 2 today and i feel amazing! I've lost 2.2 lbs so far and though its a very small number on the scale, it feels so good! Keep going beauties, we'll do this! ????
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Day 7 done.
    I actually managed 10 proper press ups each time! Although I didn't get down very far it still counts right? (please say it counts)

It counts! I'm also doing strength with a personal trainer, and after 3 weeks I'm just finally starting to "properly" do pushups, with my body straight.. It's harder, but he says it is supposed to be - and I can't go all the way down yet either, but definitely notice a difference in agony between now and the half-assed ones I was doing
  • arania15
    arania15 Posts: 31
    Options
    Level 2 day 15 done :-)

Aw, man! I'm on the same day (15) and have been trying to talk myself into doing it this morning. :P I know I will.... eventually... especially after seeing how you've ~already~ finished it for today. (Great job!) Thanks for inadvertently motivating me to get off my butt and do some work. See ya on the flip side!