June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• LoveInNumbers
    Options
    Day 9 complete!
    My poor, poor knees! Can't believe I have 1 more day until Level 2.
    What awaits me?! *rolls around on floor*
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I completed L2 D7 today and it is a total of 17 days with no rest days! Im so proud of myself and feel amazing about my progress! Can't wait to start ripped in 30!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Just finished Level 2, Day 1. It was terrible. I was dying as if I had never worked out before in my life and I had been so proud of the progress I had made with Level 1 and how I was powering through. I just hope that after a week of doing Level 2 I will be even stronger and able to push through it. I made it through the video today following Anita but I had so many breaks it wasn't even funny. I feel bad because I was dying yet at the same time I don't feel like I got the muscle workout I was getting with Level 1....oh well, I will keep at it!
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just finished Level 2, Day 1. It was terrible. I was dying as if I had never worked out before in my life and I had been so proud of the progress I had made with Level 1 and how I was powering through. I just hope that after a week of doing Level 2 I will be even stronger and able to push through it. I made it through the video today following Anita but I had so many breaks it wasn't even funny. I feel bad because I was dying yet at the same time I don't feel like I got the muscle workout I was getting with Level 1....oh well, I will keep at it!

MelClaire2000, don't worry about it, most of us have been down the same road. Believe me, after two or three more days of level 2, you'll see that different muscles of your body have started working and you will achieve the moves a lot better! I used to follow Anita too, but now, sometimes i find that I can catch Natalie's moves and Anita's are way too easy for me. Just keep up the good work and you'll see your stamina getting stronger!
  • shawmor
    shawmor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete :)
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    How does everyone stay motivated? I am starting to lose motivation. :(
  • arania15
    arania15 Posts: 31
    Options
    How does everyone stay motivated? I am starting to lose motivation. :(

My motivation is sometimes difficult to find. But I look at what I perceive to be my trouble areas and think to myself "if not now, when?". I am a professional procrastinator, but I've decided I don't want to sit around and wait to become any less fit than I already am. Now is the time. And I believe it's the start of a newer, healthier lifestyle for me. That's my motivation - my future health and strength.
  • loopylin32
    loopylin32 Posts: 63
    Options
    day 10 done today. was hoping that there would be no jumping jacks in level 2 but alas, having looked at it today Jillians favourite cardio still makes an appearance :(
  • qnguyen17
    qnguyen17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of the 30DS. Is it still effective if I do the workout every other day? I've been having ankle pains so I didn't want to push it and get a serious injury.
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30DS this morning. It was pretty difficult. The cardio was really hard to keep up with during the first circuit, but by the 3rd circuit it felt much easier. Anyone else have this experience?
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30DS this morning. It was pretty difficult. The cardio was really hard to keep up with during the first circuit, but by the 3rd circuit it felt much easier. Anyone else have this experience?

Yes i am the same way... i can barely get through the cardio in the first circuit and then by the 3rd circuit i can do all the cardio without stopping at all... Guess our bodys just need to get warmed up
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Yes i am the same way... i can barely get through the cardio in the first circuit and then by the 3rd circuit i can do all the cardio without stopping at all... Guess our bodys just need to get warmed up

I agree...the 1st circuit is the worst! But I know if I just push through it, it is all downhill after that. And I have never been so happy to do ab work :D

Day 8 of Level 1 tonight. Even though I am alternating days with c25k instead of doing it every day - I still feel like I am about ready to move to Level 2. However I do think I should up my weights from 3 to 5 lbs, at least for some of the things. But at this point I think I am just going to wait and see what level 2 brings.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am already doing a weight lifting program at the gym 4 days a week with my husband? Could I incorporate the 30 day shred with it on the other three days? I am interested in doing it. One fear is that I have one knee replacement, can I do it? Already purchased it, sitting right here beside me.
  • LoveInNumbers
    Options
    Day 10 complete! Can't wait to see what Level 2 has for me tomorrow
    As for motivation, the only thing motivating me is that I want to look good lmao.

Feel Good, Look Good...or something. :laugh:
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chickening out for day 10. My first day back at work since starting the DVD and I'm tired out. Already had a shower to get the work smell off me so not doing today and having to get another shower.

Starting level 2 tomorrow, even though as I sit here writing this I actually want to go do my last day of level 1 just so I can say I gave it my all for the full amount of time.........worried that I may not see as good as results if I skip this day..............maybe I'll do 3 mins of abs before bed?
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of the 30DS. Is it still effective if I do the workout every other day? I've been having ankle pains so I didn't want to push it and get a serious injury.
    Anything is better than nothing at all! I also skip days and it works for me. It just takes longer. Try to put in some mild cardio on your off days.
  • jamieandjason
    jamieandjason Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    just joining in on the discussion ..today is day 9 for me..it was supposed to be day 10 but yesterday i was exhausted so i took a day off and am back today...I can feel my stamina increasing each time i do it and each day i can do more modified pushups..i'm not sure when ill get to the real kind but i am thrilled i can do 15 modified pushups and on day one i could only do 2 at a time. I have a lot of weight to lose so I am trying to be patient and am trying to stay away from the stinking scale. It derails me every time.!! tomorrow i will attempt a real push up and see what happens..wish me luck. lol
  • jezamon
    jezamon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today was my 8th day! I'm very proud of myself for getting this far to be honest, I usually get bored, lol
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    I always feel better by the 3rd circuit and it feels easier and I have a surge of energy too!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options

I always feel better by the 3rd circuit and it feels easier and I have a surge of energy too!