June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I skipped yesterday - was all set to do L2 Day 2, but OH was an ar*e about letting me use the lounge so I gave in.

Can't do it today either, so Day 2 for me will now be tomorrow - am cycling today so will be doing something at least. My abs are still sore from L2 day 1!!
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just did level 2 day 1...it's much harder than level 1!!! My arms were aching from all the planks, but I actually like those twist planks at the end :)
  • Tubby2Trim
    Options
    I'm late in joining all you girls, but I'm in! Im on L1 D3. Already not looking forward to L2....I HATE planks! Good luck everyone. Add me if you'd like.....I need all the motivation I can get!
  • buggybabe184
    buggybabe184 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    L1D7 today. Most of it seems to be getting easier except for the squats and arm raises and the side lunges and arm raises as well... I can definitely tell that my stamina and endurance is getting better. I'm staying as far away from a scale as humanly possible. I don't want to get discouraged. This is some of the most that I have actually kept up with a program and have been eating healthier as well. My neighbor is keeping me up with this and we are encouraging each other as well as seeing all of the people on here are going through the same things that we are going through as well. You all help keep me going! Thanks for all the encouraging words and seeing all of your success.
  • freefalling9
    Options
    I just finished day 4 of level 1. I am using 3lb weights and so far I am loving this video. Although after reading some of the other posts, I may change my tune about level 2. I am not nearly as sore today. Cheers to day 5 tomorrow!
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I completed Level 1 Day 3 today. . Hoping to stick with it this time around!
  • taku240se
    taku240se Posts: 14
    Options
    L1D2 for me, today was a lot tougher for me than yesterday, but mind over matter!!! Im definitely going to be more sore tomorrow. Im sore good! Carry on kicking booty, all!

Anyone have a favorite affordable heart rate monitor they can recommend? Hoping to find something reliable and reasonable on amazon..
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did l2 d2 this morning. Arms, chest, and back were sore. I haven't had a problem with ab workouts. I hope I am doing them right. I have been doing more of the modify than I like but I know it will get better.
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Anyone have a favorite affordable heart rate monitor they can recommend? Hoping to find something reliable and reasonable on amazon..

I have a polar FT4. Its basic (it counts calories, timer, and stores data). I got mine on amazon.
  • taku240se
    taku240se Posts: 14
    Options

I have a polar FT4. Its basic (it counts calories, timer, and stores data). I got mine on amazon.
    Thank you kindly :-)
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options

VegKate, keep it up! The pain will magically disappear like Day 4 or 5.

You were right! The pain magically disappeared on Day 3. Does Level 1 actually get easier before you have to move onto Level 2?

Great!! So glad the pain went away! :) The first time I did Level 1, I noticed a huge difference by Day 6 I think, then again at Day 9 (I remember specifically Day 9 because it just started becoming easy. Jumping jacks were nothing, my butt kicks were getting higher, lunges were lower, and I was doing the advanced moves on everything except push ups). This time around it was Day 4, but I had also been sick for Days 1-3 so that may have been it lol.
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 20!! ( L2 D10) I'm soo proud of myself and im loving my results already! Can't wait to be done with the shred and then to start Ripped in 30!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    I just finished Day 20!! ( L2 D10) I'm soo proud of myself and im loving my results already! Can't wait to be done with the shred and then to start Ripped in 30!

Congrats! That's my plan too, to do Ripped in 30 right after this....maybe if other folks are up for it as well we can just keep this thread going?!
  • SamiMassey
    SamiMassey Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Congrats! That's my plan too, to do Ripped in 30 right after this....maybe if other folks are up for it as well we can just keep this thread going?!

I'm definitely up for doing ripped in 30 after this! But I'm only on Level 2 day 2 so maybe I'm a bit behind you guys
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    L2D1 done and my arms are like jelly. I couldn't even shave under my arms in the shower this morning!!! Bought a new scale because the one at work was so up and down - come to find out its broken so the big loss I thought I had last friday was not so much. A little disappointed over it but I know I'm gaining muscle and losing these inches. I can't wait to get through level 2. I'm definitely going to start RI30 after this. Going to the gym this afternoon also. Seems to loosen up my tight muscles. Gotta keep my chin up ;)
  • MelClaire2000
    Options

I'm definitely up for doing ripped in 30 after this! But I'm only on Level 2 day 2 so maybe I'm a bit behind you guys

Today is only L2, D4 for me (havent yet done it) so you are not behind. I think there are people at all stages...some started at different times and some take rest days and some do not so we are a bit all over the place....but hearing about people ahead of us helps keep us all motivated!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    L2D1 done and my arms are like jelly. I couldn't even shave under my arms in the shower this morning!!! Bought a new scale because the one at work was so up and down - come to find out its broken so the big loss I thought I had last friday was not so much. A little disappointed over it but I know I'm gaining muscle and losing these inches. I can't wait to get through level 2. I'm definitely going to start RI30 after this. Going to the gym this afternoon also. Seems to loosen up my tight muscles. Gotta keep my chin up ;)

Don't worry about the number on a scale, you know you are getting more fit and lean and thats what matters. It sounds like you are kicking butt on L2 already, my arms were not that bad afterwards which makes me think you pushed through way harder than I did during the workout and I just felt intense burn in my arms and gave up lol So good for you!!!!
  • GallwayGrl
    Options

Don't worry about the number on a scale, you know you are getting more fit and lean and thats what matters. It sounds like you are kicking butt on L2 already, my arms were not that bad afterwards which makes me think you pushed through way harder than I did during the workout and I just felt intense burn in my arms and gave up lol So good for you!!!!

I try not to worry about it but honestly it stares me in the face every morning. My clothes are fitting better. I tried to push as hard as I could this morning - halfway natalie and halfway anita but natalie even looks like she is struggling. I will never look like her because my body isn't built like that so I wish JM's would quit saying it lol. By the third day I will be able to mute her because I'll have the routine memorized lol! Thanks for the pick me up!! I really can't wait to get to L3 because it was a struggle to just do it this morning. Closing in on the halfway point
  • MelClaire2000
    Options

I try not to worry about it but honestly it stares me in the face every morning. My clothes are fitting better. I tried to push as hard as I could this morning - halfway natalie and halfway anita but natalie even looks like she is struggling. I will never look like her because my body isn't built like that so I wish JM's would quit saying it lol. By the third day I will be able to mute her because I'll have the routine memorized lol! Thanks for the pick me up!! I really can't wait to get to L3 because it was a struggle to just do it this morning. Closing in on the halfway point

Try not to weight yourself every day, just maybe once a week at the same time, or heck pitch the scale completely. Do we really need a scale to tell us we're looking good or that we've got too much flab? Not really, we know that and the scale just tells us a number (unless you're tells you a rough fat percentage and then I'd only pay attention to body fat percentage). I

Instead of weighing yourself every day take those 2 minutes and focus on your accomplishments instead. Write them with a dry erase marker on your bathroom mirror for instance so you can see them throughout the day. An accomplishment can be anything. For instance, my accomplishments that I've noticed in the past several days/week have been/are:

-There is some definition around my knees now without even flexing my leg muscles.
    -I scratched my shoulder and felt a weird bump. I looked in the mirror and noticed it was slight muscle definition - I've never had that before even at my fittest!
    -My back fat roll when I twist to clasp my bra strap (I'm weird ok) is no longer there
    -I was able to do a set of the jumping cardio planks in L2 today!
    -I made it through Circuit 3, L2 today without stopping (just took a couple of quick breaks)

I still have pounds to lose, the fat around my lower tummy is still there and doesnt seem to be going anywhere fast.

But instead I focus on what my accomplishments are and I brag about them....here...to my friends...to my BF (who still hasnt' noticed anything yet grrrr lol) and I celebrate them all day long!

Girl you are kicking butt so hard on L2 you could barely lift your arms....that takes some inner strength and determination to work that hard-celebrate THAT!
  • GallwayGrl
    Options

Try not to weight yourself every day, just maybe once a week at the same time, or heck pitch the scale completely. Do we really need a scale to tell us we're looking good or that we've got too much flab? Not really, we know that and the scale just tells us a number (unless you're tells you a rough fat percentage and then I'd only pay attention to body fat percentage). I

Instead of weighing yourself every day take those 2 minutes and focus on your accomplishments instead. Write them with a dry erase marker on your bathroom mirror for instance so you can see them throughout the day. An accomplishment can be anything. For instance, my accomplishments that I've noticed in the past several days/week have been/are:

-There is some definition around my knees now without even flexing my leg muscles.
    -I scratched my shoulder and felt a weird bump. I looked in the mirror and noticed it was slight muscle definition - I've never had that before even at my fittest!
    -My back fat roll when I twist to clasp my bra strap (I'm weird ok) is no longer there
    -I was able to do a set of the jumping cardio planks in L2 today!
    -I made it through Circuit 3, L2 today without stopping (just took a couple of quick breaks)

I still have pounds to lose, the fat around my lower tummy is still there and doesnt seem to be going anywhere fast.

But instead I focus on what my accomplishments are and I brag about them....here...to my friends...to my BF (who still hasnt' noticed anything yet grrrr lol) and I celebrate them all day long!

Girl you are kicking butt so hard on L2 you could barely lift your arms....that takes some inner strength and determination to work that hard-celebrate THAT!

You're such great inspiration!!! I really appreciate all the motivation and those are excellent tips. Now to invest in a dry erase marker ;)