June = 30 Day Shred... who is with me?

Options

Replies

• brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Day 17 done.... only 3 more of level 2 to go thank goodness! I much preferred level 1 haha
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Day 8 level 2.....doesn't seem to get any better....phew...
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Did not finish level 1 smh. I lost interest but I am starting level 2 today. No excuses! I am finishing this program. I kind of lost motivation since I'm going to the beach next month and I always get lazy the closer I get to wearing a swimsuit (I figure these last few weeks won't make a difference). I also weighed myself Saturday and was happy with the results. So I am back at it today because I really want to say I finished this plus I want some results!

I'm watching the video now so I can be prepared for the torture later. So far the exercises are way more fun than level one.
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    L3D4-done.

Pushed through, did normal push ups as the crunching noises in my shoulders when I did the travelling ones was really off putting.

Feeling alittle down about it all. Feels like the only thing I'm really working in on is shoulders. They have some real definition and so do my biceps, but apart from that nothing else. Still can only see top abs as the rest are under a little mound of fat that refuses to go. Just feel like apart from the cardio everything being done is just to make shoulders look bigger and therefore everything else seems smaller.

I am eating my calories back so maybe this is my problem, although I'm not actually doing this to lose weight.

Although I guess it has only been 3 weeks, maybe I am expecting too much so soon?

So thats me having a little pity party.
    Hope everyone else is managing ok :-)
  • valchemist
    valchemist Posts: 28
    Options
    pkbryant,
    I also had trouble with my lower back after 5 days of level 3... there was no "ouch" moment, as you described earlier in the thread. there was just a general ache that started after I finished the workout. and it was bad the next day so I skipped a day. the next day (which would be today) it was getting better, so I tried it again. I think I figured out the problem. most of the moves in that particular level (level 3) involve stress on the back. so it was the accumulation of them all. that is why I never felt an “ouch” moment. it was just slowly building. I figured this out because when I was doing the shred today, at least half of the moves I felt a bit of discomfort in my back. not enough to prevent me from doing them. so anyway, I will take it easy on the last 4 days of the shred... maybe go for every other day or something, just to say I finished it.

as for the results...
    I think I may have lost 2 pounds or so (I really don't have much to lose, so I wasn't expecting to lose much). I do see some more definition in my arms... still no real abs yet. some improvement in quads. and a big definite improvement in endurance.

I am happy I did it (well, almost done), but I certainly am not a poster child... like I would never start a thread saying "wow... lookee here at these shred results!"

I read this somewhere on mfp... you see so much hype over shred results that it makes you think everyone gets those results. but the fact is, there are a bunch of people who do the shred, see mild results, shrug their shoulders and move on. and never post about it, because that wouldn't make such a good post.

anyway, I loved it and I will be happy to move on to more of jillian's dvd's. I already own burn fat boosst metabolism and I tried it once and thought it was a great workout. really tests endurance... it's longer.

if anyone wants a break from jillian, I have a suggestion. cindy whitmarsh 10 days to a better body. it is a great workout. alternating strength and cardio. there are two 30 min workouts: you do arms (30 min) one day and legs (30 min) the next and then alternate those for 10 days. it's really cheap on amazon and the reviews are great, so you don't have to just take my word for it. it's easier than the shred (well it certainly isn't easier than level 1), but you are really sweating by the end and your muscles get an aweseome workout.

http://www.amazon.com/Results-Fitness-Days-Better-Body/dp/B0029Z8K3I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372285509&sr=8-2&keywords=cindy+whitmarsh
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Just finished Level 3, Day 3 and I feel really proud of myself. Today I bumped myself up to 2.5 kilo (5.5 lb) weights and did about 85% of the moves with Anita. AND I finished all the way through without any breaks. I can't believe it!!!
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Well I am still nursing my back, so no shredding for me. (My lower back completely seized up on Saturday while doing the rockstar jumps.) I have started walking in the afternoons (avoiding hills) and stretching my back after each walk. Because it is now day 4 without shredding I am going to give my back the rest of the week to recover and I will start level 3 over at day one on Sunday. I did not complete 25 days to have to quit, I will finish this and I will succeed at it!

Everyone keep up the good work!
  • rhinosfan
    rhinosfan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today. Woke up to a flatter stomach than last night so guess its more that something I'm eating is bloating me.

About to get day 5 out the way.

I think I read on here somewhere that Jillian recommends ripped in 30 over the 30 day shred, can't remember why. Will have a look at that other womans on Amazon. Thanks.
  • Retrieverlove
    Options
    I finished 30 Day Shred on Tuesday! I only lost 3.5 pounds and 5 inches. I did gain a lot more muscle and toning, so I am happy. You cannot see too much difference in my after pictures. I have downloaded to my amazon library Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs and No More Trouble Zones and will alternate these when I feel I need more than the Zumba that I do about 3 times a week. I still would love to lose my other 15 pounds. It is much harder as hormones are changing, but I am trying to increase protein, reduce carbs, and now adding in more veggie fiber since I have been feeling bloated. I am trying to drink more water that the 8 cups also.

Keep working hard everyone! You can attain this first goal!
  • VegKate
    VegKate Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Finished Level 2 Day 16 this morning! I'm more than halfway through. It's amazing how each level feel so impossible at first but then after 5 days it's so much better. The one thing I hate about level 2 though, is doing the plank twists at the very end after all of that shoulder work! My abs have no problem doing the twists, I just can't hold myself up with my worn out arms by the end. Anyone else have that problem?
  • EvilFeevil
    EvilFeevil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just started Level 1, Day 1 today. Don't even need to buy it because it's on You Tube!

How many of you do other exercising and how many just do 30DS?
  • AskNicely
    AskNicely Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Done with the 30 DS and I can honestly say that while I see improved definition in my upper body, I haven't lost much (1#!) and measurements are almost the same (with the exception of losing some of my boobs! :/) Still working it but I'm slightly disheartened to say the least...
  • GallwayGrl
    GallwayGrl Posts: 60
    Options
    Just started Level 1, Day 1 today. Don't even need to buy it because it's on You Tube!

How many of you do other exercising and how many just do 30DS?

I also do a circuit workout at the gym in the afternoons
  • TheMiddlePath
    TheMiddlePath Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! The OP. L3D8 complete! 2 more days and this adventure is over. I'll take progress pics and report on Monday July 1st!

How's everyone doing?
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    I finished 30 Day Shred on Tuesday! I only lost 3.5 pounds and 5 inches. I did gain a lot more muscle and toning, so I am happy. You cannot see too much difference in my after pictures. I have downloaded to my amazon library Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs and No More Trouble Zones and will alternate these when I feel I need more than the Zumba that I do about 3 times a week. I still would love to lose my other 15 pounds. It is much harder as hormones are changing, but I am trying to increase protein, reduce carbs, and now adding in more veggie fiber since I have been feeling bloated. I am trying to drink more water that the 8 cups also.

Keep working hard everyone! You can attain this first goal!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is terrific!!!!
  • TheMiddlePath
    Options
    Just finished Level 3, Day 3 and I feel really proud of myself. Today I bumped myself up to 2.5 kilo (5.5 lb) weights and did about 85% of the moves with Anita. AND I finished all the way through without any breaks. I can't believe it!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!! Go Mel!
  • LoveInNumbers
    Options
    Wow! I havent updated in a few days!!

I noticed as time goes on my body keeps trying to slack on some of the exercises.
    Ah well, I hope everyone is doing well on their 3DS! For those who started June 1st, were
    almost done!
  • MelClaire2000
    Options
    Finished Level 2 Day 16 this morning! I'm more than halfway through. It's amazing how each level feel so impossible at first but then after 5 days it's so much better. The one thing I hate about level 2 though, is doing the plank twists at the very end after all of that shoulder work! My abs have no problem doing the twists, I just can't hold myself up with my worn out arms by the end. Anyone else have that problem?

Yup that was always my problem, the arms not the abs. I just kept taking arm breaks and trying to get in as many twists as I could. Level 3 seems a bit more balanced to me!
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm finally back in, just did L3D5 after a week being out with a back injury. I cheated on the rockstar jumps though, I'm scared to do them now since that is what I was doing when my back seized up. I just jumped straight up and down as high as I could, I did not bend my knees.
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wahoo Day 20 done! Level 2 is officially over, can't say im bummed about that haha. Am excited and nervous about starting level 3 but can't wait to take my 30 day measurements. Im pretty sure i see a difference in the mirror now and when i flex my bicep now it actually pops! This has never happened before haha. Seems like such a small thing and yet it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D